G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Sedan

Fuel Issues, send help.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-28-2020, 12:27 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Pop-charger, 5/16" plenum spacer, Light-weight crank pulley/idler delete, 3 in y-pipe back exhaust
Angry Fuel Issues, send help.

All jokes aside I've done a good bit of research here and on other sites to try to find some help and have come up short, car will not crank after installing 550 cc fuel injectors.

So 2004 G35 sedan (love her), recently put in 550 cc injectors for future use with Zex nitrous kit. The injectors were only recently put in as I was replacing both valve covers due to the famous spark plug tube seals leaking. I have had an upgraded fuel pump (255 LPH) in there for over 100 miles of driving with no modifications done to the swirl jet or regulator and was idling and driving absolutely beautiful (all this before the injectors were put in). After being unable to start the car when on normal 93 Octane due to what I believe to be essentially the injectors overspraying fuel, (you could smell it out the exhaust, it would always just about start right as I would let off cranking, and started for a while with fuel pump fuse disconnected) I pulled out my scanner and found no codes. A friend of mine advised me this might be because the car couldn't even start up the motor, if it can't start up how would it be able to tell what was wrong and the time it did start up no fuel was ever actually being sprayed in besides a little bit residual from the injectors still operating. I also have a Dyno tune scheduled soon at Z1 so called up John and he advised trying a mixture of e-85 with the 93 that is already inside in order to get the car to just start. At about a 50/50 ratio the car did finally start up after cranking and cranking. But was running like complete garbage and would sometimes stall. Wideband and datalogging showed 14.7 on both during all of this. Pulled out the scanner again and had 3 codes:
C1131: Anti-Lock Brake System (ABS) control unit has detected that there is problem with the Engine Control Module (ECM).
C1154: P position switch stuck to ON or TCM internal malfunction, VDC/TCS/ABS control unit internal malfunction.
C1143: Fault in angle sensor of steering wheel. Neutral position of steering angle sensor is dislocated, or steering angle sensor is malfunctioning. (this one is strange)

Conclusion:
Fairly certain all this is caused by the 550cc injectors and the ECM not knowing how to handle the increase which is sending codes to the ABS and other systems that somethings gone haywire. Any info or help would be greatly appreciated, thank you for the read.

Edit: After installing the valve covers and 550 injectors the car started up first try with no problems idling or anything. Was about to do log pulls when I revved it a little to make sure everything was still fine AFR. At that point in time coolant started pouring out of the line that is supposed to go into the Throttle body that I had forgot to connect. Smoke started pouring off the engine, but I shut the car down immediately at this point and noticed that it was only coolant so I tried to clean up as best I can, however, Im now thinking there might be a short due to coolant still being between a harness. I've tried looking from all directons, (not that it really helped cuz there's no room to see with the second firewall in the way so I might have to remove the upper plenum in order to see. Essentially if anybody has any thoughts on an ECM/ABS harness located underneath plenum, behind engine, that would be great. I've looked at all fuses that I could think of relating to ECM and ABS and have found no fuses blown. Honestly not certain if its the 550 cc injectors now or not but at the very least before the coolant explosion (lol) everything was working perfectly with the car with no DTC's and a good idle.

Last edited by stone hazzard; 11-28-2020 at 11:34 AM.