G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Sedan

Taking delivery next week! :D - Llumar Clear Bra -- anyone had problems with it?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-22-2005, 02:20 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Taking delivery next week! :D - Llumar Clear Bra -- anyone had problems with it?

Hey Folks,

I'm getting geared up to take delivery of a sedan next week, and am debating "dealer adds" like locking lug nuts, vin etching, clear bra, etc.

The brand that Infiniti of Memphis uses is Llumar. I've read some posts, and the gist of some messages was that the Llumar bra was of higher quality (more clear, better warranty, etc.) than the 3M product.

How much should I expect to pay for this, before tax? ALSO, does anyone have a reason why I shouldn't go with it, or why I should go with another brand of bra?

~ Mike

Old 08-15-2005, 12:34 AM
I was planning on getting the clear bra as well. But for $249 for a strip on the hood and ~550 with the bumper, I don't know if it's worth it. Plus, I've been reading that 3M is better. A friend of mind have it the front kit on his couple and the sides that came installed. However, he still have chips. Rocks can hit from anywhere. I thought that the clear bra would cover the whole hood but this is not the case. Chips are unavoidable. I think I'll repaint the hood and the front bumper when it gets bad enough.

Old 08-15-2005, 12:51 AM
My Llumar clear bra has been great.. It's been on for about 6 months and is just as good as the first day it was put on. Great protection, no color change, extremely clear.... No complaints at all! Go with the Llumar. You won't be dissapointed.

Old 08-15-2005, 12:55 AM
Infiniti of Memphis uses Llumar as the clear bra. 05GSedan, do you think that small strip on your hood really helps? Because, I got a chip on my upper hood, which the strip doesn't cover. That was why I haven't decide to install it yet. Since I'm a student, my car is going to get dented from all sides anyway from students.. =(

Old 08-15-2005, 11:40 AM
Originally Posted by mhollinger
Hey Folks,

I'm getting geared up to take delivery of a sedan next week, and am debating "dealer adds" like locking lug nuts, vin etching, clear bra, etc.

The brand that Infiniti of Memphis uses is Llumar. I've read some posts, and the gist of some messages was that the Llumar bra was of higher quality (more clear, better warranty, etc.) than the 3M product.

How much should I expect to pay for this, before tax? ALSO, does anyone have a reason why I shouldn't go with it, or why I should go with another brand of bra?

~ Mike
IMO, Venture and Llumar are definitely better than 3m because of it's clearity and warranty. But just keep in mind that whichever film you go with, the looks of it is only as good as the skill of your installer.

Old 08-15-2005, 11:52 AM
I am also considering getting a bra done. NYC metro area typically offers 3M but installed by a 3M authorized dealer were asking me 900 bucks for both fender/mirror & bumper/hood kits. 3M offers 5 years warrantee on film & labor(void when installed anywhere else), how about those other brands?

Old 08-15-2005, 12:11 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by dannyboy80
I am also considering getting a bra done. NYC metro area typically offers 3M but installed by a 3M authorized dealer were asking me 900 bucks for both fender/mirror & bumper/hood kits. 3M offers 5 years warrantee on film & labor(void when installed anywhere else), how about those other brands?
Damn, that's high. The hood portion of mine was done by the dealer, so not sure how much that cost, but I had the same shop do my entire front bumper for $250, a 3M Certified shop.

Old 08-15-2005, 12:21 PM
Premier Member

Originally Posted by mhollinger
Hey Folks,

~ Mike
Llumar is the best you can get for durability, clarity, and warranty. I have it on my 05 G35, and its better than the 3M material Xpel/Stongard uses that I have had. I paid $550 installed.

Old 08-15-2005, 01:00 PM
Originally Posted by G35_TX
Llumar is the best you can get for durability, clarity, and warranty. I have it on my 05 G35, and its better than the 3M material Xpel/Stongard uses that I have had. I paid $550 installed.
Where do the names Stonegard and Xpel come from? The only product at 3M's website is Scotchgard™ Paint Protection.

Old 08-15-2005, 01:15 PM
Originally Posted by G35TN
Infiniti of Memphis uses Llumar as the clear bra. 05GSedan, do you think that small strip on your hood really helps? Because, I got a chip on my upper hood, which the strip doesn't cover. That was why I haven't decide to install it yet. Since I'm a student, my car is going to get dented from all sides anyway from students.. =(
ABSOLUTELY! Be sure to get the hood done. will save you much headache in chips. chips on the upper hood don't happen as often. I got the front bumper, hood, and mirrors done. ~$500. BEST investment/mod so far. It's a must for the G. The factory paint sucks.

Old 08-15-2005, 01:17 PM
Originally Posted by ABQ_G35
Where do the names Stonegard and Xpel come from? The only product at 3M's website is Scotchgard™ Paint Protection.
Stoneguard and Xpel are other vendors, yet much smaller than 3m and Llumar. I recommend sticking with 3m or Llumar. Stoneguard and xpel may be cheaper, but IMHO you get what you pay for.

Old 08-15-2005, 05:29 PM
anyone heard of avery clear bras?
they sell on ebay for 10 bucks on the g35.
thanks

Old 08-15-2005, 07:08 PM
Originally Posted by 05GSedan
Stoneguard and Xpel are other vendors, yet much smaller than 3m and Llumar. I recommend sticking with 3m or Llumar. Stoneguard and xpel may be cheaper, but IMHO you get what you pay for.
Oh, okay, the way it was worded sounded like one product. And yes, you do get what you pay for for sure!

Old 08-15-2005, 07:13 PM
Received 77 Likes on 38 Posts
I was driving behind a truck and got SHOWERED with large rocks. clearbra took the punishment and I walked away with only 1, repeat, ONE rock chip! these were some massive rocks that hit me, a few chipped my windshield and 6 or 7 dents were left in my lower bumper - but no paint missing thanks to the bra. I had onlly been driving my DG 6MT for 1 week!!!!

Anyways, I'm getting $2,800 from the insurance company of the guy who is responsible.

bottom line: get a bra - don't drive without one

Old 08-15-2005, 11:48 PM
Originally Posted by bythabay
I was driving behind a truck and got SHOWERED with large rocks. clearbra took the punishment and I walked away with only 1, repeat, ONE rock chip! these were some massive rocks that hit me, a few chipped my windshield and 6 or 7 dents were left in my lower bumper - but no paint missing thanks to the bra. I had onlly been driving my DG 6MT for 1 week!!!!

Anyways, I'm getting $2,800 from the insurance company of the guy who is responsible.

bottom line: get a bra - don't drive without one
Excellent testament to the Clearbra.. thx for the post

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Taking delivery next week! :D - Llumar Clear Bra -- anyone had problems with it?