G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Sedan

Leather Choices - Exterior / Interior Combinations

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-22-2005, 10:22 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Leather Choices - Exterior / Interior Combinations

Hey folks...

What are your favorite color combinations?

Right now I'm thinking of going with Diamond Graphite / Stone. Should I go Ivory Pearl - my dealer only carries Wheat. I do wonder how Stone looks in IP.

I never was able to see Black Obsidian with Stone. How does that look? (I'm not likely to get black - but if I do - am concerned about the Graphite leather - and how hot it will get, etc..)

Old 04-22-2005, 10:40 PM
I just bought my 2005 sedan and it is Diamond Graphite with Stone interior. It is so damn sweet. I was orginally dead set on Black Obsidian with Wheat interior but now that I have my car I dont know what I was thinking.

Diamond Graphite on the 2005 sedan is seriously the sleekest looking car on the road, I love it. I need to get my windows tinted though.

Also you need to get the sport suspension package cause those wheels make the car look that much better.

Old 04-22-2005, 11:00 PM
Mine will be a G35x - so no sport suspension is applicable.

I was struggling with color - decided on Graphite... Didn't know about the interior. Then I saw stone, and it was beautiful - when I first saw that combination I thought to myself "There isn't even a question here anymore". It was such an obvious decision.

Right now though I am having second thoughts about graphite - I am considering black. (I was thinking about IP for a while)

Well this coming week it will happen - it is just a matter of which color.

I would like to see black with stone though - I wonder how that looks.

Wheat doesn't do much for me.

Old 04-22-2005, 11:24 PM
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Black with Wheat will be my choice. I'm tired of darker interiors and like the warmth of the wheat color.

Old 04-22-2005, 11:42 PM
I like my DG with willow (an 04 interior). It is a light color and complements the DG, IMHO. But color choice in and out is so personal and you can ignore my opinion (besides, maybe I wear blue shirts and orange slacks with a green tie and a plaid sport coat to work and have no taste whatsoever).

Good luck.

Old 04-23-2005, 12:09 AM
Lakeshore Slate w/ Graphite Interior. At least that's what I ordered.

Old 04-23-2005, 08:23 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Call me boring, but I love my DG sedan with Graphite interior. The contrast of the graphite leather against the aluminum is awesome. A few freinds that drive A4s and BMWs also said the interior looks great. It's all personal taste. Whatever you get, I am sure you will love the car.

Old 04-23-2005, 08:32 AM
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
I must admit I think the dark color interiors offset the aluminum trim better than the wheat, but I've never had a black car with a tan interior...something I've always desired and will soon have.

Old 04-23-2005, 08:55 AM
My '04 does not have aluminum trim (although my tie does ) and I haven't yet seen one, so no comment on those combinations. But they sound nice.

You'll like whatever you get.

Old 04-23-2005, 09:48 AM
Diamond graphite exterior and graphite interior. DG for me was a no brainer but I was torn between graphite and stone for an interior. The stone IMHO looks nicer when inside but I really did not like the contrast of DG and stone as much as I like DG and graphite. That plus I think graphite won't show dirt the way stone will made graphite my interior choice.

Old 04-23-2005, 09:53 AM
Walking The Fine Line...

Received 128 Likes on 79 Posts
DG + Stone. Looks awesome and I keep my cars very clean - keeping this leather looking fresh won't be a problem. The car will never carry children and rarely carry more than two adults.

Too many dark interiors out there for me - it's like 'standard' now. One of the points for me when I went looking for a new ride was what interiors were offered OTHER than black.

Old 04-23-2005, 10:43 AM
Got a lot of DG peeps here I see

Which is where I am leaning.

Still torn on Black Obsidian - whether I would chose stone or graphite. One thing I am concerned about is summertime - interior temps on a black car are quite high. Darker interior will make it worse. (Although with 4 windows and a sun roof, there should be ample airflow to cool the car - but it will still be nasty for the first 5 minutes after my car has been sitting in 90 degree ambients for a few hours)

Old 04-23-2005, 10:51 AM
After test driving a lot of cars, and seeing the different interiors... I chose a stone interior. I already have a Pathfinder with black interior... I think black looks nice and sporty and hides scuffs and dirt easier, but the stone looks a little more luxurious to me... more "Audi-like". As soon as I saw it, I knew it was what I wanted.

Paired with the tint and DG exterior, it is THE hotness.

Old 04-23-2005, 04:23 PM
I drove over an hour to a dealer with the intent of ordering a Brilliant Silver sedan with Graphite interior, knowing they had a BS/Stone with the options I wanted. Originally the Stone reminded me of my Grandfather's Cadillac - a little too light for my tastes. Let's face it, the Graphite looks damn nice, and I like the contrast.

Once I got there and saw this one, I started to waiver. My wife saw it and liked it a lot, and then I took a look at a loaner with about 13K miles with the Graphite interior, and it had not aged well. The cracks and creases in the leather really stood out and didn't look as good. And the salesman kept reminding me of sitting on the Graphite in August (naturally.... but he did sell it to me at invoice!).

As for the contrast, I think the BS/Stone would look nicer if I got the windows tinted.

Old 04-23-2005, 04:47 PM
I have to echo the others ... picked up my DG-Stone G35x Thursday night and it's awesome.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Leather Choices - Exterior / Interior Combinations