G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Sedan

Car Sold

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-24-2005, 11:11 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Car Sold

Well, I have an offer on my G35 Sedan premium package. I had it listed on car selling site and priced it very competitively for a quick sale. The car looks cherry and runs like it just came off the showroom floor it only has 13809 miles on it. The person is sending me a deposit. I have mixed emotions about selling it but must say I have enjoyed my ownership. Alas, driving some extra miles has made me want to get a more economical ride and reduce monthly expenses. Of course, as they say, it ain't over till the fat lady sings! When the transaction is completed , I will log on and say bye to my friends here at G35driver.

Old 04-25-2005, 04:08 AM
Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts
Sedan
Don't let the door hit you in the @ss on the way out.

Old 04-25-2005, 06:16 AM
Official Sponsor of the Florida G35 Club
Received 33 Likes on 28 Posts
what's the next ride?

Bat™

Old 04-25-2005, 09:49 AM
Walking The Fine Line...

Received 128 Likes on 79 Posts
Tell us the specifics of the deal if you don't mind.

Sorry to see you getting rid of the G. You're still welcome to come and BS here even if you are G-Less.

Good luck and tell us what you choose as the replacement ride.

Old 04-25-2005, 10:01 AM
Are you modding the M?

Old 04-25-2005, 01:13 PM
Well , I sold the 2004 G35 Sedan Premium package with A/T for 27775.00 as this seemed to be a very competitive price. I started out at 28425 but lowered it after some dealers on the website decided to lower theirs to compete with mine. All in all, I am not upside down and will have some funds to put down on another car. With fuel prices expected to continually increase, and having other financial priorities, I have decided to purchase a second VW turbo diesel product. I have told the dealer I want a new style Jetta 2005.5 TDI with package 1. I can get the car for 24000.00 plus tax and fees. My payment monthly will be less (for the same payout period left on the G) and I will save on fuel. The G averaged about 18.75-19.75 MPG. The Jetta should continually give me close to 40 MPG avg. It also has a 6 speed DSG automatic trans and drives nicely, is quick enough for everday driving. (my brother in law bought one a few days ago and I like it.) It isn't the G35 and def not as upscale, but hey, it is all about choices. And, some of you may have seen my posts about Infinti consumer services. While the dealers try to please, Infiniti corp must have been trained by the same people that produced the Dorito commercial with Jay Leno where you see him eating the chips. He says, don't worry, we'll make more. That is how Infiniti corp. treats customers.They have so many customers and a successful product line, so the don't worry, we will get more attitude is prevelant.Even though the dealer helped me out of the defective I35(2003) and helped me into the G35(2004), it still cost me. The Gen mgr of the dealer said he though he could get corporate to help out , even called it a courtesy disbursement. However, corporate flat out refused. All this took a year to pan out and I don't want to support a company that won't support me. I will do my best not to ever purchase anything Infinti/Nissan. My brother in law had a 2003 350Z with tire cupping problems. They fixed ti once. Now the tires are cupping on the other sides. They check his alignment and everything was fine, told him he obviously has an issue but they are not doing anything about it...very bad business. It will eventually catch up to them despite good JD power ratings for the dealers. Sorry if I rambled but I had allot to say.

Old 04-25-2005, 01:40 PM
Well even though I was tired of the price and problems of the near luxury segment. I decided to forgo the purchase of a camry and pick up the G. Granted I might miss out on paying regular gas prices and averaging about 30MPG. Also lower insurance by about 20 a month. I got rid of an acura which has way too many headaches. It was an 01 and the newer 04 and 05 models have not been much better. Good luck with the car. I am sure fuel and tires will be cheaper...

Old 04-25-2005, 01:49 PM
Originally Posted by mickey3c
Well even though I was tired of the price and problems of the near luxury segment. I decided to forgo the purchase of a camry and pick up the G. Granted I might miss out on paying regular gas prices and averaging about 30MPG. Also lower insurance by about 20 a month. I got rid of an acura which has way too many headaches. It was an 01 and the newer 04 and 05 models have not been much better. Good luck with the car. I am sure fuel and tires will be cheaper...
I to had a 2001 TL and the wife had the CL. To many problems, not up to honda/acura standards. I am hoping the VW will end up being a good machine although they have had their share of problems in the past. It doesn't seem that even with all this great technology, a good product can be produced. Maybe I should think about the Scion TC as it is a toyota product. It won't get the same milage but it is several thousand cheaper.

Old 04-25-2005, 02:56 PM
Official Sponsor of the Florida G35 Club
Received 33 Likes on 28 Posts
Man, try to stay away from VW. Those things aren't reliable. Even though the Jetta did catch my eye minus the rear dtyling, they aren't up to par with Japanese cars. I had a 99 Turbo and the tranny went out after 4 days, the dealer gave me a new car, but I had so many problems with it, especially electrical. My brother in law has a Passat, nothing but problems. Look at Consumer Reports reliability ratings as well, they're always near the bottom of the list.

However, I am eying the new Audi A4 or BMW 330i, I may stick stick a Japanese car for my next ride, either the new Lexus IS or M35.

Bat™

Bat™

Old 04-25-2005, 07:34 PM
We have an A4 1.8T 03 model and it has tons of problems. period.
My fran's golf 03 broke down once the car got out of the dealer. Engine problem.

Old 04-25-2005, 07:55 PM
Originally Posted by Vsix
We have an A4 1.8T 03 model and it has tons of problems. period.
My fran's golf 03 broke down once the car got out of the dealer. Engine problem.
If you look at consumers, the reliability ratings are getting better. The 4 cyl turbo Jetta and the 4 cyl Passat got much better ratings over the past year or two. Of course, some of their past electrical problems were with the ignition systems and that will be different on the TDI. So, I am not worried. My newphew has a 2000 Jetta TDI with over 100,000 miles. He has had one elitrical issue with lights and of course, their famous problem with the clips on the electric window regulatirs snapping cause they were el-cheapo and made of plastic. Aside frim that, his car is outside in Washinton , DC all year long and it runs great. Oh yea, he needs some front end work cause the Wasinton DC potholes could swallow the Jetta.(LOL) Like I said ( and not that VW would be different, hopefully, I won't have to find out) I dislike Infiniti corporate and don't want to support them by buying any more of their products. When you get screwed, then promised some help, then screwed again..well, SELL!

Old 04-25-2005, 08:03 PM
Originally Posted by skeleton_cru
Now THERE's the Cru I'm used to. Not that nancy trying to help people. Welcome back bud.

Old 04-25-2005, 08:24 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I fear your going to have some serious headaches. you think Infiniti customer service is bad, you got another thing coming with VW. Atleast Infiniti tries. My sister had a cabriolet that was a nightmare. She ended up selling it at a loss before the 36K warranty wore out.

I can't believe you would sell a car because of fuel economy. There are so many other factors to consider Like reliability and safety.

Old 04-25-2005, 08:27 PM
Originally Posted by kwansai
Now THERE's the Cru I'm used to. Not that nancy trying to help people. Welcome back bud.

Don't let Infinti stick it up yours!

Old 04-25-2005, 08:31 PM
Originally Posted by kwansai
Originally Posted by skeleton_cru

Skeleton Cru, maybe Infinti will have the pleasure of sticking it up your @ss someday. Then , you may not have such a smart@ss attitude.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Car Sold