G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Sedan

G Sedan Sport Pkg Struts

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-27-2005, 05:59 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question G Sedan Sport Pkg Struts

Question Everyone,

My '03 Sedan has less than 21k miles on it. It has the sport pkg. My car has been to the dealership for 4 times in less than 2 months. My car has been to the dealership for more than 26 times about things that never go away.

The dealership has replaced both upper control arms @ 18,744 miles. That was the 1st time they messed with it. Now, I am to the point where I will not allow anyone to ride in my car. The faster you drive it, the more loose it becomes. I'm afraid to drive it on the expressway. Even more so going around courves on the freeways. Its that loose. Also, the struts are always ratteling on smooth OR bumpy streets.

Does anyone have this problem with their sedan? Also, I have filled a Lemon Law on my vehicle. Do not get me wrong, I do love the Gs but, not the one I drive. Also, the dealership does not think my sedan has a problem.

Please let me know what you think. Thanks

Stephen
srhtx@yahoo.com

Old 04-28-2005, 08:57 AM
"G" Spot
Suspension is rattling??? Sounds pretty bad to me.

There's a number of things that can cause loose handling: broken sways, broken mount points, shot shocks, something not tightened up, defective springs, etc.

Do you have any aftermarket suspension pieces on the car?

Also, have you taken it to a different dealer to look at it? Has a tech been able to reproduce the problem?

If you feel that unsafe to drive the car, to me that's a major problem. If you have exhausted all of your possibilities, then I would push the lemon law issue.
Take the car in and tell them you don't want it back until its fixed or bought back by infiniti. I think you'll find that they might go the extra mile to fix it.

Old 04-28-2005, 10:58 AM
Staff ALUMNI (retired)
Received 47 Likes on 39 Posts
Sounds unusual that the dealer can't find the problem...
suspension components are normally pretty basic to trouble shoot.

Old 04-28-2005, 08:56 PM
silver04,

I need to take my sedan out of Houston for another dealer to inspect. Nissan dealers will not look at the car. I've tried that. Again, I do not feel Infiniti really cars about my cars problems. I need to drive another person sedan w. the sport package to compare it against mine.

I've already had a friend of mine who has a year old Audi S4 drive my car. He was scared of driving it as well. He knows its loose.

Right now, I'm trying to think of a good auto shop I can take my car to for them just to test drive it and give me their thought about it.

Old 04-28-2005, 09:49 PM
"G" Spot
It might not hurt to give sgp racing a call and just ask if they have heard this or possibly just check it out for a small fee.

If not I'm sure any other good mechanic can take a drive/look for little money.

I hate to hear that no nissan/infiniti dealership wants to deal with it. Have you tried calling Infiniti's customer service and see if they can deal with it.

Make sure you push the issue that several people that have driven it feel the car is unsafe. "you wouldn't want me calling back after the car caused me to wreck, I'd hate to have infiniti pay for the medical bills on that one"

Old 04-29-2005, 06:06 PM
Silver,

Insurane has paid a large amount of money on my wreck I've had in the past. I am trying to be nice to Infiniti Corp but, they are making me change my mind. FYI - The wreck I've had in the past caused one of the best neuro hospitals in the US to place me into a coma for 3 weeks. It took me 9 months before I was ever able to return to work. Its just sad that I can no longer auto cross a vehicle again.

On your comment "It might not hurt to give sgp racing a call and just ask if they have heard this or possibly just check it out for a small fee." who is sgp ?

Old 04-29-2005, 06:25 PM
"G" Spot
http://www.sgpracing.com/

One of the nicer shops in houston for imports...they might be able to help a bit.