G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Sedan

Do G35s owners "wave" to each other?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-14-2005, 12:19 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I wave to everybody-my wife hates it. Here in Bethlehem, PA no one has yet to wave back though.

Old 06-14-2005, 12:23 PM
no...

Old 06-14-2005, 09:03 PM
No, but many other drivers wave with one finger. I don't understand it.

Old 06-15-2005, 11:29 AM
Received 13 Likes on 4 Posts
I usually give a "hey" wave or thumbs up to other G drivers, but rarely get a response.

What is up with you guys from Cali giving the peace sign?? So random, maybe it's a west coast thing

Old 06-15-2005, 01:55 PM
"What is up with you guys from Cali giving the peace sign??"

a visual way of saying "can we all get along?" hehe.....

Old 06-15-2005, 02:23 PM
Staff Alumni
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I never really tried it until I saw this thread, mainly because there are so few g's around here that I hardly ever see them. If I do see a g, it's usually parked without a driver.

However, since I read this thread a few days ago, I've been waiving for the sake of waiving, even at the EMPTY, PARKED cars

Old 06-15-2005, 03:24 PM
Back in the mid 1970's my family had a BMW 2002. It was customary at that time to flash your lights when ever you approached another BMW, it was a nice way to say hello and welcome to the club.

Present day, I have spoken to a few G35 owners, waved to a few, but I don't think that this practice would gain as mutch enthusiasm today.

Old 06-15-2005, 11:23 PM
I was riding my bicycle this morning when I was passed by an X (Lakeshore Slate) with temporary plates from the dealer I use (Douglas). I caught up with him after he parked and asked if it was his and I said it was a nice color and that I had it in DG. He looked at me a little strangely (not jsut because of my seat and helmet I think!) at first but warmed up a little as he figured I wasn't about to steal it, especially after I gave him my salesman's name (he didn't know him) as a way of indicating that I really had one.

I still have trouble getting a wave off when approaching one, since the windows are up.

When I had a Fiat 124 spyder in 1970, we always waved (eeasy when the top was down) or flashed lights at each other. There were not a whole lot of them in NYC.

Old 06-15-2005, 11:48 PM
My horns hold up my halo
Originally Posted by Andy77
When I had a Fiat 124 spyder in 1970, we always waved (eeasy when the top was down) or flashed lights at each other. There were not a whole lot of them in NYC.
1970? OMG you are ancient. My parents were still in high school in 1970! I'm just kidding - you aren't THAT old I guess. I'm not sure my dad was even old enough to drive then though.....

Old 06-16-2005, 08:09 AM
Originally Posted by trey's wife
1970? OMG you are ancient. My parents were still in high school in 1970! I'm just kidding - you aren't THAT old I guess. I'm not sure my dad was even old enough to drive then though.....
That was not a typo. I bought my first car, the Fiat, not as a teenager, but when I was 25, so I'm older than you probably thought. That makes me sixty now, but luckily I don't feel sixty or "ancient". My wife said the G35x was my sixtieth birthday present to myself. I didn't think of it that way, but I did finalize the deal a day or so after my 60th and I picked it up a few days later on Oct. 11 (Columbus Day). Even us old geezers love the car!

No offense taken at your comments, BTW. I know most people on this forum are younger than my son (who is twenty) . There are a few of us "seasoned" people around (there is a thread about age) and I am not the oldest. Enjoy your youth AND your later years too!

Andy

Old 06-16-2005, 10:42 AM
My horns hold up my halo
Originally Posted by Andy77
That was not a typo. I bought my first car, the Fiat, not as a teenager, but when I was 25, so I'm older than you probably thought. That makes me sixty now, but luckily I don't feel sixty or "ancient". My wife said the G35x was my sixtieth birthday present to myself. I didn't think of it that way, but I did finalize the deal a day or so after my 60th and I picked it up a few days later on Oct. 11 (Columbus Day). Even us old geezers love the car!

No offense taken at your comments, BTW. I know most people on this forum are younger than my son (who is twenty) . There are a few of us "seasoned" people around (there is a thread about age) and I am not the oldest. Enjoy your youth AND your later years too!

Andy
Hey, truely no offense meant. I hope to be lively enough to care what kind of car I drive when I am in my 60's. You must be young at heart - especially with a son who is 20. Now that I think of it my dad will be about that age when my brothers are 20. Believe me that I feel older than my age in most cases. I married at barely 18, had my son just before I was 19, and with siblings that are 10 and 14 years younger than me I more often than not feel like their mom rather than their sister. My brothers (twins-12yrs old) were over recently to go with us to an autocross and they were mistaken as my kids by the waitress at the Waffle House. Not fun for a woman! LOL!

Old 06-16-2005, 12:32 PM
^Thank you. Yes, my son helps keep us young (my wife is the youngster-she's 59). So does realizing that we can make what we want out of what happens to us and maybe make things better for us and for others. You sound like you have an interesting family life-enjoy it (and the car).

Andy

Old 06-16-2005, 01:39 PM
Originally Posted by blazinZ
+1....

when ever i see another G i flash my lights.... i've had my car now for about 2 months. and im in S. FL so i see a lot of G's ... so far i have not gotten any response back.
In fact here in S FL, I have seen plenty G sedans with women drivers and they are usually thinking of something at the red light or something.

Anyway, whenever I am on the road and see another G (S or C), I take some time to observe and appreciate this fine piece of automobile. Here is S FL, I have my glasses tinted dark and is always up (need that A/C) so probably other people outside cannot see me properly unless I am really close enough. But I have never waved though. And if someone on a G does wave at me, I will return it.

Old 06-18-2005, 08:29 PM
Staff Alumni
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My wife and myself were in our 05 today, when we pulled up to a younger couple in an 04 coupe at a red light. They were both looking the other way, so I beeped the horn, and rolled down the passenger window. His first reaction was to ask his girlfriend/sister/wife/whatever if she knew us.

I yelled "nice car" across the traffic, and he finally understood. He asked if ours was an 05, and mentioned that he had tried to get a sedan, but decided on the coupe instead.

Anyway, nothing too important, but it's cool to be acknowledged by the coupe crowd every once in a while.

Old 06-19-2005, 08:54 AM
Misanthropic nut-cracker
Too bad site members have no way ( small window decal or some ****) of identifying ourselves because, for the most part, I could care less about waving at some SOB who is totally clueless about owning a 'G'. Maybe/probably it's just me ............

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Do G35s owners "wave" to each other?