What's a good deal on a new 6MT/Sedan ?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-21-2005, 05:36 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What's a good deal on a new 6MT/Sedan ?

Hey folks !!!

Just joined the forum today
Looking really hard at getting a new G35/6MT/Sedan ... I live in San Antonio, TX and the dealer doesn't have any 6MT in stock (just autos !!)

Dealer says he can order one from the factory and I would have to wait about 70 to 90 days to take delivery !!! sucks

I want the Nav system (which needs the Premium Pkg as well). The retail (MSRP) on this configuration is about $35900 (+$610 Dest Charge)

Considering that I don't want to compromise and get a auto, what would be the best deal that I can hope to get ?? I don't mind the wait if I can get the 6MT at a reasonable price.

Pls share with me some of the deals that you've got.
I'm willing to travel to Houston or Dallas if it would land me a nice deal
Also any buying tips / negotiating strategies ?

Thanks a lot !

Last edited by max2k1; 06-21-2005 at 05:39 PM.
Old 06-21-2005, 09:30 PM
It works on my machine
If the dealer doesn't have any I doubt they will move much on the price. I came across this when I got mine. Your better off looking around to see if someone else has what you want.

Old 06-21-2005, 10:17 PM
Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
I just bought a fully loaded 6Mt sedan 2 weeks ago. The sticker was $37,380 (I think) Premium, Nav, Aero, Sirius Satellite.

The dealer didn't budge on the price, but they gave me $2000 over Blue Book Value on my trade-in. I didn't care how they worked the numbers...the deal worked for me. The numbers worked out to about $500 more than I thought I could get the deal for. I went for it anyway!!!

Old 06-21-2005, 10:27 PM
Premier Member

Gunn Infiniti sucks for sales. IMHO.They don't haggle either on price. They never have 6mt. I also when interested for my 04 and my 05 they wanted over 2k more just to get one.

I bought my 04 and 05 from Austin Infiniti with Shealea. Talk to her and tell her Russell from s.a. sent you. She will guranteed hook you up. If your willing to wait, you can get a 6mt Sedan that was hail damaged for 500 under invoice! They will fix it like new, you won't be able to tell. That is how I got mine. 29,500 6mt, with sunroof/spoiler black/black.

www.austininfiniti.com I am actually picking mine up this Saturday! Took 5-6 weeks to get fixed (but they take their time fixing it right).

Originally Posted by max2k1
Hey folks !!!

Just joined the forum today
Looking really hard at getting a new G35/6MT/Sedan ... I live in San Antonio, TX and the dealer doesn't have any 6MT in stock (just autos !!)

Dealer says he can order one from the factory and I would have to wait about 70 to 90 days to take delivery !!! sucks

I want the Nav system (which needs the Premium Pkg as well). The retail (MSRP) on this configuration is about $35900 (+$610 Dest Charge)

Considering that I don't want to compromise and get a auto, what would be the best deal that I can hope to get ?? I don't mind the wait if I can get the 6MT at a reasonable price.

Pls share with me some of the deals that you've got.
I'm willing to travel to Houston or Dallas if it would land me a nice deal
Also any buying tips / negotiating strategies ?

Thanks a lot !

Old 06-22-2005, 09:34 AM
Walking The Fine Line...

Received 128 Likes on 79 Posts
Originally Posted by G35_TX
Gunn Infiniti sucks for sales. IMHO.They don't haggle either on price. They never have 6mt. I also when interested for my 04 and my 05 they wanted over 2k more just to get one.

I bought my 04 and 05 from Austin Infiniti with Shealea. Talk to her and tell her Russell from s.a. sent you. She will guranteed hook you up. If your willing to wait, you can get a 6mt Sedan that was hail damaged for 500 under invoice! They will fix it like new, you won't be able to tell. That is how I got mine. 29,500 6mt, with sunroof/spoiler black/black.

www.austininfiniti.com I am actually picking mine up this Saturday! Took 5-6 weeks to get fixed (but they take their time fixing it right).
Agree to a point. I bought at Gunn. True, they had a higher bottom line when talking the price on their car, but they also use 'fair market' trade values whether you buy your car there or not.

Translation: I shopped Houston, Austin and Dallas and found better prices on the G I wanted in all three places. A 5AT auto was right at invoice or a shade above at all three dealers. Their bids on my trade were between $5000 and $6200.

Gunn wanted $33,500 (no haggle) for the car, but gave me $8000 for the trade. Take the difference between the best bid I got elsewhere ($6200) and then subtract it from the Gunn bid ($8000), you get $1800. Take that off the Gunn price, and you're at $31,700.

$31,700 for a 5AT/Premium C/Splash & a 7/100,000 mile warranty isn't a bad deal, and it trounces the best deal I was looking at in Houston, Austin, or Dallas. A more accurate statement from you would have been "Gunn Infiniti sucked for YOUR sale." In my case they had the best bottom line.

Old 06-22-2005, 11:50 AM
Premier Member

That's what they tell you. But they gave me 1000 less for my last car than Austin Infiniti did.

Originally Posted by GeeWillikers
Agree to a point. I bought at Gunn. True, they had a higher bottom line when talking the price on their car, but they also use 'fair market' trade values whether you buy your car there or not.

Translation: I shopped Houston, Austin and Dallas and found better prices on the G I wanted in all three places. A 5AT auto was right at invoice or a shade above at all three dealers. Their bids on my trade were between $5000 and $6200.

Gunn wanted $33,500 (no haggle) for the car, but gave me $8000 for the trade. Take the difference between the best bid I got elsewhere ($6200) and then subtract it from the Gunn bid ($8000), you get $1800. Take that off the Gunn price, and you're at $31,700.

$31,700 for a 5AT/Premium C/Splash & a 7/100,000 mile warranty isn't a bad deal, and it trounces the best deal I was looking at in Houston, Austin, or Dallas. A more accurate statement from you would have been "Gunn Infiniti sucked for YOUR sale." In my case they had the best bottom line.

Old 06-22-2005, 12:08 PM
Premier Member

Another thing is Adam which has been a sales guy for a long time for Gunn Infiniti. He is a old friend. If you think I would have gotten a better deal with Gunn I would have went with him. He even told me that they can't beat Austin Infiniti on trades or price. Even if he could give me a better hook up.

Old 06-22-2005, 12:52 PM
Thanks a LOT everyone

I'll check out Austin Infiniti and see what they have to offer. I can wait as I'm not in that big a hurry to get this one .... 6 weeks or so would be just fine by me.

I agree that you need to look at the final bottomline including your trade value -- good point to remember when you are shopping around

But as far as I can see Gunn never has 6MTs -- I've been looking for a few weeks now and they never have one in stock

Is the auto really *that* good in this car ? Or is the stick not that good ??
-- I guess I'll continue searching the forums for that one !

Old 06-22-2005, 01:24 PM
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
I paid 34,500 for the 6mt with Navigation and Spoiler. Find out if you can get a Costco membership discount or a AAA member discount. They knocked off 2,000 with the AAA discount. That was the only haggling they did though. I bought the car in January if that makes a difference.

Good Luck

Old 06-22-2005, 03:34 PM
Originally Posted by Nickk6
I paid 34,500 for the 6mt with Navigation and Spoiler. Find out if you can get a Costco membership discount or a AAA member discount. They knocked off 2,000 with the AAA discount. That was the only haggling they did though. I bought the car in January if that makes a difference.

Good Luck
Cool .... nice job de-badging your ride .... but I think the badging is not that bad to begin with - I might just leave it on

Old 06-22-2005, 03:40 PM
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Thanks, I personally like the badging as well. However, I took it off on my last car and it was just all that much more easier to wax/wash the car. For me its more of a convenience than a look factor.

Old 06-22-2005, 03:49 PM
Walking The Fine Line...

Originally Posted by G35_TX
Another thing is Adam which has been a sales guy for a long time for Gunn Infiniti. He is a old friend. If you think I would have gotten a better deal with Gunn I would have went with him. He even told me that they can't beat Austin Infiniti on trades or price. Even if he could give me a better hook up.
Wasn't the case for me. Maybe it was the time of year, maybe the sales folks in Austin were having a bad day, I don't know. When you got to the bottom line in my case they (Austin) were about $1500 or so behind Gunn, with no extended warranty and no splash. No doubt, Austin's price on the car was lower, but they didn't want to play as nice with my Maxima.

Gunn gave me $8K, and if I remember right (my memory sucks) Austin was offering $5500. I walked. Glad I did.

Old 06-22-2005, 04:14 PM
Walking The Fine Line...

Is the auto really *that* good in this car ? Or is the stick not that good ??
-- I guess I'll continue searching the forums for that one !
Good plan. Yes the auto is that good. Gunn had 1 6MT on the lot (sedan) when I was there. It was loaded. Black. Sticker was around $37K or so. Believe it or not the salesman, who will remain nameless, said they didn't like to sell manuals because they usually resulted in warranty work and upset customers. I didn't care, I wasn't looking for a manual to begin with.

As for reading.

Lots of threads here about problems with clutch engagement, clutch wear, clutch failure, clutch noise, vibration, engagement height, etc. A few threads about tranny failure, grinding problems between the 1-2 shift, the 5-6 shift, bad syncros, tranny replacement, etc.

A lot of it can ge attributed to inexperience with manual transmissions and abuse of the drivetrain - high RPM drops, racing, etc. Other folks have had no issues, but they probably drive their cars in a more 'normal' fashion.

I have yet to read a thread relaying bad news about the 5AT with regard to performance or reliability. The AUTO is a couple of ticks slower than the manual as is usually the case, but it is no slouch.

Old 06-22-2005, 06:14 PM
You can get A LITTLE MORE THAN $4,000 off sticker on one by my dealer
Infifity of Lisle,Lisle,IL (630)241-3000.

Thats a kick-as. deal!!!