G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Sedan

this is what your side air bags look like...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-23-2003, 09:56 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: this is what your side air bags look like...

How did it feel when the airbags popped out, just curious? BTW, glad your OK.

Old 06-23-2003, 10:41 PM

ouch man :/ sorry to hear that.. hope all goes well soon..

whats the next step now?

Old 06-24-2003, 10:26 AM

lady T-boned me in an intersection at 7:50am in the morning. she had no clue that she had the red light.

i was stopped at a red light. light turns green. i proceed through the intersection at normal speed going straight. i normally glance left-right as proceed from a dead stop, but this time i didn't glance, so i didn't see her at all.

all of a sudden there is the loud smack, i'm jostled to the right, i look through my door window and all i see is white. WTF?!?! oh sheet, that's an airbag, someone just hit my new G!!! F***!!!!!!!!!!!!

can't say the airbags helped. since i'm a small guy and the seats are slippery/non-supportive, i think i slid to the right more than going left into the airbag. didn't recall hitting my head against the window and my head/neck felt nothing afterwards. i don't think she was going that fast, just driving clueless. left ear was ringing for half a day though from the airbags. my understanding is that side airbags prevent injury from broken glass mostly.

g35doman
'03.5 5AS, BS/G, Leather, Sport, 32%, Klasse

Old 06-24-2003, 12:16 PM

Damn that sucks!! [img]/w3timages/icons/frown.gif[/img] Glad to hear you are OK though. Those pictures make me wince.

peace

Drive safe, have fun, kick butt when necessary
<font color=green>'03 Emerald Mist</font color=green>
Premium/Sport/Xenon

Old 06-24-2003, 01:21 PM

As i posted b4 same thing happened to me when an 18 wheller whose dirver fell asleep t pushed me into divider.. Did that airbag hurt your ear... it killed mine!!...anyway man good luck with ur car i just thought i should let u know a few thigns... Infiniti party are hard to come by... make sure u get ur insirance to send an adjuster rite away becase it may take a while.. my damage was nearly the same as urs... Since ur airbags deployed u need a new ceiling of the car.. all that stuff is not stock piled and is a specialty order... that means waiting for shiiii from japan... its not fun man but hopefully youll have her back soon!

Old 06-24-2003, 04:33 PM

The driver door looks pretty solid, I'm surprised that the window glass survived the collision.

Silver/Graphite/Premium/Sports/Winter

Old 06-24-2003, 05:14 PM

OMG, I think I'm going to cry. I'm so sorry. I'm glad you are ok. Hope all goes well with the car repair. That's hard to see.

2003.5 G35 6MT Sedan/Black w/ Graphite
Life is good!

Old 06-24-2003, 05:40 PM

Dabearz454: I know parts take long, but how long? My insurance doesn't even send an adjuster. They just take one estimate from anywhere and that's it.

The Infiniti-recommended body shop said repair would take at least 3 weeks, not including parts supply problems.

g35doman

Old 06-24-2003, 08:27 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Did you get a dollar figure estimate yet? General rule of thumb is 1 week per $1000 damage (of course, not including backorder problems).

2003.5 G35 Sedan Desert Platinum/Graphite Premium/Sport/Aero/Nav/Winter

Old 06-25-2003, 10:55 AM

oh yea, got an estimate about 3 hrs after the accident. $5k easy. this doesn't include the airbags (at least $2k) and any damage he couldn't see since he couldn't open any of the driver side doors. he didn't think the frame was bent since that usually only happens on corner impacts, he said.

i'm praying that the dollar amount gets so high that they just total it for me so i can just buy a new one, but i'm probably only dreaming...

g35doman

Old 06-25-2003, 11:00 AM
G Kreuzer

<blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr>

can't say the airbags helped. since i'm a small guy and the seats are slippery/non-supportive, i think i slid to the right more than going left into the airbag. didn't recall hitting my head against the window and my head/neck felt nothing afterwards.

<hr></blockquote>

g35doman,

That is the beauty of a *properly* working air bag. One's almost certain to have his/her head impact the side windows (yes, even for a small guy) from a spot-on side impact. The fact that you remember being shifted to the 'right' meant the bag already did it's job. The initial reaction, split seconds after actual impact, would have been your head that goes *donk* against the glass. Glad you're safe!

On the side note, I noticed you have a the graphite interior, but the pillars and ceiling are in willow. Is this how *all* graphites interiors look? Yikes! I'm surprised I didn't notice this when I placed the order on my IP/Graphite sedan dued in August.

THX723

Old 06-25-2003, 11:26 AM

thanks for the thoughts. my understanding is that all interiors have the willow roof liner. like you, i didn't even notice it when buying and didn't even notice it for a month or so, until someone on this board mentioned it.

it's kind of goofy, but i think the willow roof has the effect of making the interior look bigger visually. it doesn't really bug me at all.

g35doman

Old 06-25-2003, 03:52 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Personally, I find the willow roof with the graphite interior less disturbing than BMW's black dashboard and seat belts on beige and gray interiors.

2003.5 G35 Sedan Desert Platinum/Graphite Premium/Sport/Aero/Nav/Winter

Old 06-26-2003, 01:50 AM
Cali Event Coordinator
BASE ACURA TLX NOW WANT A G35 AGAIN THOUGH

OUUUUUUCH!
My condolences...ok ok...don't tell me the lady that hit you was "asian" and please don't tell me she was driving a camry or volvo they are the worst! My 1991 Integra was "totaled" couple years ago..hit by a "LAIDLAW" handicap bus and shoved into a a crew cab pick up truck...Thought only the bumper was hit but the whole car folded up like an accordian..my spoiler flew several lanes back (no airbags)!
I went into the emergency room and sued for neck and back injuries and didn't get my 2002 TL-S till 2 years later! Anyways that car the TL-S was another story "lemon"...love the G glad you're "alive" man! Go see a "chiropractor" if you have not and hire an injury attorney...They gave me full blue book value for my integra and pain and suffering damages..Setted the case outside of court...Let us know what's going on with your case bro!

'03 Sedan / Navi / Desert Platinum / Delphi Sat / 35% Tint

Old 06-26-2003, 11:44 PM

the side curtain airbags is to prevent fly glass but also to keep full size trucks, suvs from intruding upon the cabin area

saw dateline last week where all these SUVS were hit on the side by a full size truck simulation and the ones who did the best were the ones with side and curtain airbags, w/o the airbags, the hood of the truck broke the windows and the dummy slammed his head on the hood, instant death said the test dude

I am extremely glad to see your car protect you. I have the exact same car and color, even mileage is the same 3350 miles so I can literally put myself in your shoes. Even if they fix it, it'll never be the same.

2003.5 Brill. Silver/Willow 6MT sedan, Premium/Winter/Navigation

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: this is what your side air bags look like...