G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Sedan

hate my seats..

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-27-2005, 12:50 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
hate my seats..

sucks. i have an 05 g35 sedan. its the ONLy thing i hate about my car. the darn seats. i take a turn at 20 mph and i'm flying at the window( the only reason i keep it closed is so i dont fly out ). i dont understand why they didnt put some sportier seats in there? I need some seats with those things on the side that hug you. i'm not sure what those are called but i definitely need them. has anybody here changed out their seats? i dont want something like sparco. i still want my sexy leather =] if i have to change out my seats ( with leather of coruse ), do they come with those cool seatbelts ( 5point harness i believe ). i dont really know where to look for seats =[

Old 08-27-2005, 03:29 PM
Rollin On Dubz
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Maybe you could throw some coupe seats in there?

Old 08-27-2005, 05:38 PM
Well, as usual, there is two sides to the story. I just came out of a Volvo S60R, that arguably, has the best seats in the industry. I have heard this from BMW, Mercedes, and Porche owners. While they were very plush, and much more supportive in the bolsters than the G, I actually like the G's seats better in every day driving. Large side bolsters are great in the twisties, but can actually be uncomfortable in the every day commute. At least for me.

So I completely agree with you in aggressive driving situations. But most of my time in the G is "normal" everyday driving, and I find the seats extremely comfortable. Does that make sense?

Old 08-27-2005, 05:52 PM
Agreed!

Originally Posted by g356spd06
sucks. i have an 05 g35 sedan. its the ONLy thing i hate about my car. the darn seats. i take a turn at 20 mph and i'm flying at the window( the only reason i keep it closed is so i dont fly out ). i dont understand why they didnt put some sportier seats in there? I need some seats with those things on the side that hug you. i'm not sure what those are called but i definitely need them. has anybody here changed out their seats? i dont want something like sparco. i still want my sexy leather =] if i have to change out my seats ( with leather of coruse ), do they come with those cool seatbelts ( 5point harness i believe ). i dont really know where to look for seats =[
Couldn't agree more! While the G35 Sedan seats "look" very sporty - like they should hold the driver in place - they are, in reality, way too soft. My old BMW 328 had awesome sport seats that truly held you steady throughout the most agressive cornering. They supported both your hips and your upper torso. Again the G seats look like they should, but.......no. It's the one mod I'd really like to do, but not sure there are any realistic options. -T

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.