G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Sedan

Kelly Blue Book & Sales Price...wow!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-01-2005, 03:19 PM
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
im talking about your posts in general, this one
"How many people have been able to sell their cars for KBB private party? Just because KBB says it is worth that much doesn't mean that there are buyers out there ready to pay that much. I am not doubting that the car holds its value. I just don't have any experience with resaleing this car." and your 04 to 05 comparison
what tha f#ck are you talking about, you dont know shlt about resale value and you think because its on KBB its just wrong, actually the resale value is more than KBB says. To prove how f#cken stupid you are, look at the two links your provided, a TRADE IN value from KBB and Carmax RETAIL prices, once again your comparisons have paid off... idiot

Last edited by LuXXXz; 09-01-2005 at 03:22 PM.
Old 09-01-2005, 03:53 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I live in Detroit, and just drove to Chicago to buy a 03 sedan with 27k on it. I paid $22,400 with a year still left on the warranty. In Detroit they were going for 25k and up.

Old 09-01-2005, 04:39 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by LuXXXz
im talking about your posts in general, this one
"How many people have been able to sell their cars for KBB private party? Just because KBB says it is worth that much doesn't mean that there are buyers out there ready to pay that much. I am not doubting that the car holds its value. I just don't have any experience with resaleing this car." and your 04 to 05 comparison
what tha f#ck are you talking about, you dont know shlt about resale value and you think because its on KBB its just wrong, actually the resale value is more than KBB says. To prove how f#cken stupid you are, look at the two links your provided, a TRADE IN value from KBB and Carmax RETAIL prices, once again your comparisons have paid off... idiot
I don’t think that because it is on KBB it is wrong. I think that using the KBB private party or retail value to determine how much your car is worth is being way to optimistic. It seems like you might not understand about selling a car private party or selling it to a dealer. Have you actually tried to sell a G35 private party or to a dealer? What makes you think the resale value is higher than the KBB private party? I have not sold a G35 but I have sold two other high demand cars private party and I sold one high demand car back to a dealer. From my experience it is not easy to find someone willing to pay KBB private party for a vehicle. If you have experiences that differs from this then please share them instead of just blasting expletives everywhere. The original poster assumed that because KBB said his car was worth a certain Private Party value it must be worth that. Most people incorrectly assume that the private party value is what their vehicle is worth. Well it is only worth what someone is willing to pay for it. And like another poster said the only value that you can almost always count on is the KBB trade-in price from a dealer like carmax. That is why I posted the KBB trade-in price. That is the minimum price that you can be almost guaranteed to get. Then I posted the link to carmax’s retail prices because I was trying to illustrate that what they are selling the 05s for is actually quite low. Furthermore, what they would give you for an 05 would be even lower because they do not take into account the options packages.

Have you noticed that everyone has posted that they have purchased used G35’s for far less than KBB private party. That is because it would be wasteful to actually pay full private party or retail for a car. Just like it is wasteful to pay sticker price for an 05.

See how easy that was for me to explain. Why can’t you make sense and do it without calling people names?

Old 09-01-2005, 04:52 PM
Banned
wtf are you talking about??????? what high demand cars have you sold, if you cant get KBBs private party value to a private purchaser you should just die in a fire

Old 09-01-2005, 04:56 PM
Banned
im sure u got raped on the price of your G

Old 09-01-2005, 05:14 PM
If you can't sell a car to a private party at KBB private party value, you are not trying hard enought. Selling to dealerships is a totally different story.

Old 09-01-2005, 05:15 PM
Talking I doubt I got as ripped off as you if you bought this car?

im sure u got raped on the price of your G
I doubt I got as ripped off as you if you bought this car? I am sure you were willing to pay at least $1000 over KBB private party for this vehicle since it only had a few major flaws? Did you ever buy a G35? What did you get? Are you happy with it or do you wish you had waited till you got enough information to make an educated decision about buying a car?

06-03-2005, 12:02 PM
LuXXXz
Trader Rating: (0)

thanks alot, i really appreciate it,

when i went to look at that car, i noticed the fenders under the hood were chipping and it looks like theres an overlaping layer of paint, so im wondering if it was in an accident, but it was nothing major seems like.

thanks again

https://g35driver.com/forums/g35-sedan-v35-2003-06/56170-carfax-anyone.html

Old 09-01-2005, 05:19 PM
Wow.. Luxxxz... sorry dude but it is you that is coming off as retarded right about now. Mpgxsvcd is absolutely correct.

KBB is a nice guidline, but the only way you are going to get $28K or up on an 03 (sedan) is if you sell to another retard. Think about it.. you can get a NEW loaded 04 off the lot for less than $30K and a new 05 loaded for $33. Why would anybody who has not had a lobotamy pay more than $28K for an '03 with even as little as 10,000 miles and 1 to 2 years of warranty left?

Reality check from cars.com. Nationwide searches for 03' sedan with less than 50,000 miles produces these results:

3 vehicles for less than $20,000
81 vehicles from $20,000 to $22,999
254 vehicles from $23,000 to $24,999
184 vehicles from $25,000 to $27,999
15 vehicles from $28,000 up

The bulk of cars are being listed from $23-25k. And you can likely negotiate money off of those.

So again I ask you, why would somebody pay $28K+ for an 03? Just cause KBB says so? Quit the hatin!

Old 09-01-2005, 05:30 PM
And another reality is that KBB is currently about 10-15% high on all of the recently traded-in domestics that have flooded the dealer lots. You will begin to see firesales on those cars in the near future. It hasn't effected resale on our cars (yet), but who's to say that it won't in a few months? There are those that will only by Japanese or German makes. But those that are willing to also consider American may end up buying one of those cream puff bargains. As a result, there are fewer people clamoring for a used G and prices start to slide for us too. Simple supply and demand.

Old 09-01-2005, 05:49 PM
Originally Posted by mpgxsvcd
There are some interesting things going on with the used values of the G35s. First off KBB now lists the used value of an 05 Sedan. Here is the problem. They don’t offer anyway to distinguish that the car has the sport, premium, or aero packages. These packages tack on a huge amount to the price of the car. I checked the trade in value of my car and it is only $29,050. That is pretty low considering I only have 2500 miles on it. Heck the selling price was about $33,700 and the sticker was $36,200. It might be a good thing that I leased this car instead of buying it. I don’t think the 05’s are going to hold their value as well as the 03’s. As for the 03’s, look at carmax. None of the 03 sedans are going for much over $25,000. I doubt you are going to be able to sell an 03 for more than $24,000 private party. If you have a buyer for it at that price then you might as well sell it and pay the few extra grand to step up to a low mileage 05 that has already taken a huge hit in depreciation. It looks like the ideal thing to do is to either buy one of the many 05 sedans from Carmax where they don’t give any credit for the different packages or to buy a stripped down 6 speed manual 05 G35 and then sell it to Carmax after 1 year or so. It appears the worst thing to do is to buy an 05 fully loaded automatic sedan and then try to sell it based on KBB(Carmax bases their offer solely on KBB). They are not going to give you anywhere near what you paid for it. They also give you almost no credit for the navigation system. Heck look at the difference between a 6 speed and an automatic! There is no difference in what KBB lists for those two cars! Yet the selling prices are like $1000 lower for the 6 speeds. Check it out for yourself.

KBB 2005 G35 Sedan
http://www.kbb.com/kb/ki.dll/kw.kc.l...5%20Sedan%204D

Carmax G35 cars
http://www.carmax.com/dyn/searchengi...2&SearchType=0
Well, for the '05's to be listed at a trade value like this is pretty normal the first year, I think it is technically the '06 model year now, I remember when I got my '04, the trade values seemed low like that, what was the "retail" value on kbb?

Last edited by ABQ_G35; 09-01-2005 at 05:51 PM.
Old 09-01-2005, 05:54 PM
Banned
where does it say anything about paying 28k for a sedan?? natewood, im saying if you sell a car for to a private party for less then the private party value is then you're an idiot

Old 09-01-2005, 09:41 PM
Originally Posted by ABQ_G35
Well, for the '05's to be listed at a trade value like this is pretty normal the first year, I think it is technically the '06 model year now, I remember when I got my '04, the trade values seemed low like that, what was the "retail" value on kbb?
The retail value was $31,000 that is not really what surprised me. What surprised me is that KBB did not offer choices for the premium, sport, or aero packages. There was an option for the bose and a spoiler but I don't think those two options account for anywhere near what the three packages are worth. None of these packages will actually increase the resale value of the car. Basically a stripped down 6 speed will have a very close KBB value to a fully loaded(Minus Nav) automatic with all of the packages. The actual selling price difference would be atleast a couple of thousand difference on those cars. Check the BMW 330is resale on KBB. It has options for sport and premium and they affect the value greatly. Just something interesting that I saw.

Old 09-01-2005, 10:14 PM
The retail value was $31,000 that is not really what surprised me. What surprised me is that KBB did not offer choices for the premium, sport, or aero packages. There was an option for the bose and a spoiler but I don't think those two options account for anywhere near what the three packages are worth. None of these packages will actually increase the resale value of the car. Basically a stripped down 6 speed will have a very close KBB value to a fully loaded(Minus Nav) automatic with all of the packages. The actual selling price difference would be atleast a couple of thousand difference on those cars. Check the BMW 330is resale on KBB. It has options for sport and premium and they affect the value greatly. Just something interesting that I saw.
I noticed that too, seems like those options hardly affect the value. That makes me happy since I have a 6MT with no options.

But of course I'm not selling my G for a long time, but it may help if my car gets totaled.

Old 09-01-2005, 10:17 PM
where does it say anything about paying 28k for a sedan?? natewood, im saying if you sell a car for to a private party for less then the private party value is then you're an idiot
The problem with your statement is that you are saying that you are an "idiot" for selling a G35 under private party KBB. So by that logic everyone should be paying at or above private party for a used vehicle. So I guess you are the "idiot" because you would be willing to pay private party for a used vehicle. Just check out carmax and look at the 05 prices for a G35 sedan. Almost all of the 05 G35 sedans are listed under the KBB private party value. If Carmax doesn't think they can get KBB private party for the 05 Sedans what makes you think that every person should be able to get KBB Private Party for their vehicles?

Again I ask did you ever purchase a G35? If you did not then I am not sure what you can actually add to this forum?

Old 09-01-2005, 10:37 PM
It's funny, NADA doesn't even give trade or retail for an '05 yet, but the '04's are still holding pretty good, IMO. NADA They used to be what all dealers around here went by, and when I traded my '04 he had that book on his desk he referred to.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Kelly Blue Book & Sales Price...wow!