G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Sedan

Lawyer?I want a Class Action Suit 4 Brakes!!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-10-2003, 09:41 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lawyer?I want a Class Action Suit 4 Brakes!!!

We need to fill out a petition!

Old 07-11-2003, 01:15 AM
Re: Lawyer?I want a Class Action Suit 4 Brakes!!!

Send me the link I'll sign up. I've been reading g35driver.com and freshalloy.com, look like the issue is major one as brakes last much longer than 15000 miles. Although my car is only 4300 miles now, it'll get there someday, and I don't want to see that expensive un-necessary bill.

Old 07-11-2003, 01:18 AM

I agree, read this below:

Dear Fellow Car Enthusiast.

I’ve check with some Infiniti sites, and there is a lot! of 2003 G35 owners with this brake trouble.

Get this:

Brake Pads, and Rotors are needing to be replaced completely from 10K miles and 16k miles!!

Dealers charging $500 to $850 for this service
Brakes squeak all the time and get this, after the first month and at every oil change I told them about the brake squeak! They just kept saying, “you have Performance Brakes, they are suppose to do that”

I’m like WTF?

Well, I have 16k miles and Cutter Motors Infiniti in Santa Barbara, said, “Hey you need new brakes” Its $300 for the fronts and $200 for the backs, I’m like What?

I thought those were under warranty, he said, “nope, its like wear and tear, kind of like Tires.”

Then I said, “How long are they guaranteed for?” He said, we don’t guarantee them...
I’m like hmm, basically they are getting me ready for the next brake job at 30k.

I called Infiniti Consumer Affairs and they said the same line, “You have performance brakes, it’s natural. I’m like, I want to file a complaint, they were like are you sure, Im like YES! I wouldn’t doubt it, but I have some weird feeling that Infiniti is feeding the dealers this same crappy line, so I don’t blame Cutter Infiniti, but they should Man up!

I have emailed All the Car Magazine editors to investigate this problem!

Heck! This is a safety issue, some G35 drivers at 12k miles have said when they been informed that they need new brakes and rotors!

Please Help….. I pasted some links from G35 forums below….sorry for writing this long email.

http://forums.freshalloy.com/ubbthre...b=5&o=&fpart=1

Old 07-11-2003, 01:38 AM

wow, sounds good.

I went to a local shop today, and it was $550 for the fronts only.

Old 07-11-2003, 02:32 AM

With as much as I drive, it will be a long time till 15k miles, however, I'm going to raise hell about this issue. I think heads are going to roll over at Infiniti if I need anything more than just pads at that point. I'm going to stomp on the Infiniti reps like Edward Norton did to that guy in the movie American History X. Teeth to the curb, now open your mouth, I think they will get the point.

Old 07-11-2003, 02:40 AM

Go for it! That was a very powerful movie, I love it.

If that Does happen to you, call Infiniti Consumer Affairs and file a complaint

Old 07-11-2003, 02:55 AM
Cali Event Coordinator
BASE ACURA TLX NOW WANT A G35 AGAIN THOUGH

I was told exactly the same thing...."It's wear and tear...you have perfomance brakes" (Peninsula Infiniti - Redwood City) and yes they still squeek! Only 13K and new front brakes already??? I shelled out $300 + Oil Change. What the F!

It sounds to me that INFINITI might find a similar situation with "FIRESTONE" and their defective tires...Are they going to wait for someone to "DIE" in an accident before they reimburse us for these repairs on a car that's still "NEW"?

I'll be more than happy to file a lawsuit...I thought I was the only one with this problem and want COMPENSATION! Same line of crap! Keep in touch!

Bobby - San Francisco, CA 4122

'03 Sedan / Navi / Desert Platinum / Delphi Sat / 35% Tint

72685-GYAL8Rtintrear.jpeg

Old 07-11-2003, 06:58 AM
SouthernComfort Moderator
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Thought I would do exactly what you suggest when I bought my Altima
new in 1993. I did not and still do not know much about breaks.
First time the pad replacement was fairly easy. Second time the
pads seemed to be gripping the rotor, and could not proceed.
I think you need to know "All" about the different parts that need
attention and know how to fix them if you intend to work on your own
breaks. I would love to learn more about them and do it myself.
First thing I would do is install steel braided break lines with
performance fluid. Any one out there want to give some lessons?

God I love this car!

Old 07-11-2003, 08:19 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Changing brake pads is easy...changing brake lines becomes a 2-man job and is far more involved.... I can do it (with my brother assisting), but because of the amount of time involved, I'd let the pro's do it if it becomes necessary.

My '96 Altima had 160K miles when I sold it and I had only changed pads twice (70% highway miles). I averaged about 60-70K per set, and these were "el cheapo's" form Discount Auto, and the rotors never warped.

Also, concerning any suit against Infiniti in reference to the brake pads and rotors wearing relatively quickly... my guess and experience tells me any such suit will probably be unsuccessful. Manufacturers have been struggling to find a new standard for rotor and brake pad materials since asbestos use was discontinued. Many car brands, including premium brands, domestic, Japanese, European, all experience to some extent, premature wear on their brake pads and rotors. My TL needed rotor replacement after 18K, luckily Acura replaced under warranty, but the brake issue is not limited to Infiniti, it's more widespread than you think.

Sorta runs along the same lines with the issues we're seeing with recent (lead-free) automotive paints and chipping.

MY G currently has 13.5K miles, and I rotated the wheels last weekend; my brakepads still have lots of life left.... then again I probably don't brake as hard as many of you do.

However, I will support you in your efforts concerning the premature wear issue of brake pads and rotors, (I could ultimately benefit from a change in policy),.... but do not expect a recall, it's not a safety issue.

<font color=red>chinee</font color=red>
2003.5 G35s

Old 07-11-2003, 09:00 AM

You guys do realize that the stopping distance on these cars is in the high performance league... I am sure if you change the pads to a less aggressive material that your brake life will improve tremendously.

Old 07-11-2003, 09:53 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

... as will your stopping distance.

<font color=red>chinee</font color=red>
2003.5 G35s

Old 07-11-2003, 10:10 AM

sorry boys but i dont think you have a case on this one. At most i think u will make infiniti aware of te problema nd perhaps it will change on new Gs. But as far as fixing the problem on cars out there i really dubt that will ever happen. I think u have a better shot at the paint chipping thing

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.