G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Sedan

OEM 19's on a slammed sedan...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-27-2005 | 01:57 PM
Red Card Crew
Premier Member
Originally Posted by Gting
Don't not install cut springs on a any car espeically a G35 Sedan.
Exactly why is the G sedan more prone to problems with cut springs vs any other sedan/coupe??

If you cannot afford $800 for coilovers than you shouldn't even be modding your car to begin with.
Why does one NEED coilovers for a "proper" lowering? VS coupe springs, Z spring etc...???

The camber will destroy the tires.
Maybe I'm wrong but wouldn't any lower of the car regardless of the method, cause camber changes??

Old 09-27-2005 | 02:20 PM
Jeff are you recommending cut springs? He said he was getting coilovers. I don't recommend cut springs on any car.

So are you recommending cut springs or wishing you owned G35 and posting on here to be a smart ***?

Old 09-27-2005 | 02:30 PM
Red Card Crew
Premier Member
I'm simply asking you to answer my questions. Exactly where did I recommend anything??

Perhaps this is why threads like these get so long.

Jeff are you recommending cut springs? He said he was getting coilovers. I don't recommend cut springs on any car.

So are you recommending cut springs or wishing you owned G35 and posting on here to be a smart ***?

Old 09-27-2005 | 03:08 PM
Aside from the fact that I'm biased towards Brilliant Silver cars, I think whatever he does is his business. If he gets advice to the contrary why bother trying to convince him after the fact.

Perhaps he should have done more research before making the mods but in this world there are people who learn by "doing" and those that learn by "reading". Personally I feel that actually trying something makes you a lot wiser... even if it was a bad decision -- and certainly better than sitting on your a$$ being critical of other peoples' choices.

Kudos to audible... for getting off his and taking on something with his own hands and getting the results that made him happy.

Last edited by BbyG35; 09-27-2005 at 03:12 PM.
Old 09-27-2005 | 03:17 PM
Damn...

I haven't logged on in about a week or so...and this DRAMA is what I get to come back to?!

hehehe...pretty funny/entertaining to read!

My 2-cents:

I think we can all agree that cut-springs aren't the right way to lower a car...much less a nice car like an "Infiniti". However, the guy did say it was a cost related decision...in addition to the fact that he likes his car super low. I don't think I'm a ricer, but I like my cars really low too. I know its bad for tire-life...I can deal w/ it. About the camber, I prefer it that way...turns quicker.

About GTing...dude, somebody suggested that you show us YOUR ride. Why don't you? That way you can back yourself up instead of coming off as simply a hater. If you really know that much, and apparently have alot of money to buy "the best" stuff...show us, then you can talk as much sh*t as you'd like. If "19 OE wheels on slammed Sedan" is played out & useless...how about "Volks...Ing+1...overlays"? All that sh*t is played out too...EVERYONEs got'em! So what makes yours unique & not a waste of thread space? What do YOU have on YOUR car? SHOW US

Y'know...we're all on these forums to get each others' opinions & suggestions. But, I think too many people just don't communicate right. They word their responses w/o tact or thought. If you don't intend to hate, just stating that you don't like something...there are ways to say it "nicely". Instead of "that sh*t is ugly"...how about "its not for me"? How easy is that? We should be a group of "fellow enthusiasts"...where's the camaderie???

Can't we all jsut get along??? =P LOL

Old 09-27-2005 | 05:54 PM
For all those who were greek in college, this just reminds me of a chapter meeting discussion LOL.

Old 09-27-2005 | 06:04 PM
|
Former G35driver Vendor
its simple, i bought the S Techs cause they were the lowest springs available. they are not racing springs nor make the handling any better. the front is about stock stiffness and the back is way way softer. i thought i would like to see how it looked a little lower so i cut about 3/4 inch off them. they are hundred dollars shi tty springs. i like how it looks so i am ordering the coilovers. i know cutting the springs isnt the proper way to adjust a racing suspension setup, but it did accomplish what i was looking for till my coilovers arrive...

Old 09-27-2005 | 06:19 PM
a.k.a. RANDYS_G
Originally Posted by audiblemayhem
sorry it wont let me upload and pics, so i have to just put the links

i had to roll the fenders about a half inch, i have tein s techs that we cut 3/4 of an inch off, no rubbing issues at all, its the stock staggered setup off a coupe

i will put up all the pics once i can upload them...

Allow me.

Attached Thumbnails OEM 19's on a slammed sedan...-236726988_l.jpg   OEM 19's on a slammed sedan...-236747607_l.jpg   OEM 19's on a slammed sedan...-236754734_l.jpg  
Old 09-27-2005 | 06:42 PM
Sedan
Going on and on..

Don't not install cut springs on a any car espeically a G35 Sedan. If you cannot afford $800 for coilovers than you shouldn't even be modding your car to begin with. The camber will destroy the tires. The car will be bottoming out all the time ruining the suspension and inducing even more in cabin rattles. Looks lousy. s-techs are low enough to begin with to cut them will destroy any coil rate and the entire dynamics. "Temporary" ya right rice excuse.

Do not install cut springs!!!

Yet another winning thread on G35 Sedan forum!!
Wow, and I thought I was a trouble maker.

Gting, perhaps you could tell us all what set-up you're running since you seem to know so much about the sedan and suspension.

Old 09-27-2005 | 07:16 PM
|
Former G35driver Vendor
thanks for throwing those up RandysG i still cant do it, dont know what is wrong

GTING i would like to see your setup, i was thinking 89 Accord, possibly a neon ??

Old 09-27-2005 | 07:43 PM
its simple, i bought the S Techs cause they were the lowest springs available. they are not racing springs nor make the handling any better. the front is about stock stiffness and the back is way way softer. i thought i would like to see how it looked a little lower so i cut about 3/4 inch off them. they are hundred dollars shi tty springs. i like how it looks so i am ordering the coilovers. i know cutting the springs isnt the proper way to adjust a racing suspension setup, but it did accomplish what i was looking for till my coilovers arrive...

Ya you can afford N20 rice juice and get 105 mph trap which is hillarious for a 100shot. And you cut yoru springs to "slam" your car? Oh no your not a ricer. I bet you never even ordered coilovers.

Old 09-27-2005 | 07:43 PM
It obviously doesn't take much to become a premier member, lol. GTING, where are the pics of your car. Here is the link to mine, in case you feel like hating on me.
http://www.innovationsperformance.co.../alang35tt.php
thanks for throwing those up RandysG i still cant do it, dont know what is wrong

GTING i would like to see your setup, i was thinking 89 Accord, possibly a neon ??

Old 09-27-2005 | 07:46 PM
Hey "DJ" or "King" aka Alan No offence I have seen tons of much nicer looking Coupes than yours. I don't care if you have a TT set up. Your car is nothing special to look at so keep on spending money (running debt like Americans love to do) to get props on the internet on threads that have nothing to do with your car.

Does your car have cut springs as well? Yes I am a "cut spring" hater! Yes I am!

Good to see your FL boys defending one another... Go cut some springs...

Last edited by Gting; 09-27-2005 at 07:55 PM.
Old 09-27-2005 | 07:56 PM
I have stock springs. I spent the money on myself, not to get gratification from someone on this board. For someone that's hating on 19" coupe rims why did you ask this question?

What is the front and rear offset of the stock 19" rim on the 2005 Coupe?

Hey "DJ" or "King"

Does your car have cut springs as well? Yes I am a "cut spring" hater! Yes I am!

Stop trying to get self props on here because you have decidied to spend a ton of money on your car.

Good to see your FL boys defending one another... Go cut some springs...

Old 09-27-2005 | 07:56 PM
Although I don't agree with the mannerisms here, I do have to say cut springs will lead to problems such as a compressed shock which will cause the shock to leak its fluids rendering it useless...pretty soon your car will ride VERY bumpy, hard and creak everywhere you go...

This thread could have been handled better by a few, instead of thrashing each other.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: OEM 19's on a slammed sedan...