G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Sedan

Impressions after 3 months with the '05

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-29-2005 | 07:47 PM
|
Impressions after 3 months with the '05

Well, it's been almost three months since I bought my '05 Sedan, and I am even more impressed that I was at first, the car seems tighter, the new features are all great, the seat/tilt/telescoping memory, this is so much nicer than fighting the tilt lever in my '04 (which sometimes had a mind of it's own, LOL), the Intelligent Key, the interior is much nicer, and the brakes........there is no brake dust problem whatsoever, my wheels stay clean, (from brake dust anyway), and the brakes work nicer as well, and of course, the color, right at 2700 miles, I am so glad I made the move to an '05! Infiniti, you did good on the refinements!

Last edited by ABQ_G35; 09-29-2005 at 07:55 PM.
Old 09-29-2005 | 08:02 PM
Mik
i'm at 4 months and am VERY happy with my G35 6MT. not rattles, no really issues save one... the clutch peddle clicks. i 'll try and get that looked at the next servicing. i really like and enjoy this sedan.

Old 09-29-2005 | 09:47 PM
Florida G35 Club, General Member
I am at almost a week and this car rocks

Old 09-30-2005 | 12:00 AM
Im at 3 weeks with my '05 Lakeshore Slate 5mt and it gets better everytime i drive it. I upgraded from an '00 Acura TL and I think I made a good choice. The only thing I have against the g35 is the interior plastic pieces. Its all minor things really, but the TL's plastics and spring hinges seemed to be better quality.

Old 09-30-2005 | 12:01 AM
ENVautoDetailing.com
Premier Member
I'm at 3 months as well, I love every minute of it. Only problem is one rattle around the passenger seat belt that bugs the $hit outta me but all i gotta do is crank up the music.
ABQ when are you gonna start puttin some parts into her?

Old 09-30-2005 | 12:38 AM
It's been around 2 months for me and I'm still breaking it in. It's so hard not to open it up once I get the go fast fever. I just love the way the car handles and it amazes me how fast this sedan can corner. Having the 6mt really makes driving fun even if it's in traffic. The only time it sucks is when I'm trying to talk on the phone which I shouldn't be doing while driving anyways. It was tough for me to get used to the stick since it's my first standard vehicle but it's now second nature. The brakes feel awesome without any grabiness and I have not noticed any brake dust on the wheels.

I don't have any options but that's how I like it. The base radio is fair at best but I do like the mp3 capability and 6 disk in dash changer. I have all the usual rattles - windows, shifter trim, and something in the dash. They come and go and to be honest, they don't really bug me. They should since it's a new car that's supposed to be upscale. Lately, I've been getting a funky bo smell from the ac on startup. I remember others talking about this and it only lasts a few seconds.

The only mods I have done are the Stillen CAI, ztube, clear corners, and adjusted clutch pedal. The intake mods brought the noise level closer to where I want it. I want to do exhaust mods to get the noise just right but short on cash thanks to expensive ac repairs on my house.

Old 09-30-2005 | 08:39 AM
It works on my machine
I'm at 4 mo. I've really adjusted to the clutch travel and don't really notice it. However I must admit that I sometimes (on hills) I over rev the engine to get going. I also have the usual rattles, something by the passenger door, something by the sunroof, something in the dash but for the most part they seem really minor. I really love the black when it's clean, and I've gotten looks from vetts, bmw's, porsche and some other high perf. cars, makes you feel good. I have two major complaints, the seats seem to wrinkle really bad, I mean before this I had a '03 accord with leather and the seats had no wrinkles after > 30,000 miles, but this car the seats seam pretty bad after < 5000 miles, and I put protectant on them all the time. The other is the trans, I know this it a noisy trans by nature, but sometimes when driving with the windows down I can clearly hear it when I'm shifting gears with a solid clack, but not all the time, it just seems to happen at random whether the car is cold or not. Makes me wonder if others driving around me can here it as well. Otherwise this is not the fastest car I ever drove, but man is she fun.

Last edited by MrBig; 09-30-2005 at 08:41 AM.
Old 09-30-2005 | 09:29 AM
I have had my 05 Automatic for 4 months now. I couldn’t be happier. The only problem I have had is the radio seek button was sticking. The local dealer ordered and installed a new radio faceplate and all is well now. I must say that the Smart Key is a great feature. Since I have a toddler and one on the way I don’t think I will ever buy another car that doesn’t have some sort of smart key.

Old 09-30-2005 | 03:28 PM
This car is just so solid I feel like I have to chime in every time one of these threads gets started. I don't have the rattles or squeaks, so I'm a bit lucky in that sense. Otherwise, Diamond Graphite with 18" wheels and a clean black leather interior is doing nothing but good things to me, and I may have no choice but to drive this thing for the next 10 years ... or until the G45 with manual comes out

Old 09-30-2005 | 03:50 PM
I love this car. Had the G35X for about 5 weeks and FINALLY passed 1000 miles. Now I get to play!

No rattles, no problems. Getting used to that lux-feel that Infiniti brings. Have many envious friends and colleagues. People just love this car.

Best feature to show off? Intelligent key and reclining back seat!

Old 09-30-2005 | 04:53 PM
I have had mine for 4 months and already at 7700 miles. My seek button also sticks but will be fixed on Monday. No major problems, just a lot of wind noise while on the freeway.

Old 09-30-2005 | 05:36 PM
Been 5 mos and 7000 miles for me in my 6spd graphite sedan and the engine is starting to loosen up a little bit along with the clutch or maybe I'm just getting used to it. The only problems I have are the heated seats either suck big time or are malfunctioning and the navigation software absolutely stinks with waaaay too many simple errors like telling me to get off at exit 119 on the Garden State parkway and then telling me to get off at 100 and then recalculating my route when I got off at 119 which was correct. There were about 5 other similarly dumb mistakes that I have encountered and I want some action by the dealer on this as this is just unacceptable. Other than a non trustworthy navi, I am really love this car.

Old 09-30-2005 | 06:06 PM
|
Originally Posted by Gdup35sedan
I'm at 3 months as well, I love every minute of it. Only problem is one rattle around the passenger seat belt that bugs the $hit outta me but all i gotta do is crank up the music.
ABQ when are you gonna start puttin some parts into her?
LOL, no, no mods coming, I have all I want, the handle to replace the card holder, tint, pinstripe and 3M Paint Protection, works well for me!

Old 10-01-2005 | 12:55 AM
After 6 months of ownship of a 05 6MT. Here are my thoughts:

A smooth, powerful NA engine is a sublime pleasure, not to be underrated. This car has one and I like it.

The clutch and shift gates took some getting used to, they are much tighter than any other car I've own previously. But I prefer them that way so I'll stand by my original analysis...which is, the clutch and transmission are unweildy in traffic conditions but firm and communicative during spirited driving. It's a trade off and while Grandma might not like it, but I do.

Sports suspension is noticably choppy on surface streets and highway/bridge joints. But carving an offramp at 60mph is worth it. Car handling is as neutral as any production car I've driven, far better than most. The car is sure footed, Turn in is crisp, weigh transfer is smooth and predictable, and the car will hold a line through a sweeper and has easy throttle steering. The very slight oversteer allowed be the VDC is welcome.

VDC and traction control are generally unobtrusive and a welcome addition during rain.

Styling is pure corporate goon stuff. Nice enough to catch the eye but bland enough for the eye to move on to the red sports car behind me...let him get the speeding tickets. Lest you think I'm unhappy...I like the cars looks, I'm not drooling over them, but they are good.

I'm not crazy about the LOOK of the headlight and taillights but they function very well, providing good visibility at night.

Interior comfort is ok. Heated seats are a joy I've not previously experienced. But generally, the interior is meerly acceptable. The "REV" light should go away somehow. Setting the climate controls manually is a bit unweildy. Love the steering wheel mounted controls. I'm one of the people for whom the driver's seat was brutally uncomfortable...modifications have made an improvement but still not great. Love the extra wide opening rear doors. Cup holders are an obvious afterthought on the interior design (a minor complaint, cup holders are always an afterthought). I like the orange dash lighting, I know I'm one of the few.

The rattles from the rear doors, I need to get to the dealer to get 'em fixed. There's a TSB and it's under warranty so any complain from me should fall on deaf ears.

My only major complaint (as previously noted elsewhere) is the paint. It's god awful quality in materials and application.

This is definately a drivers car. It's clear that's where the Nissan/Infiniti placed development emphasis.

Old 10-01-2005 | 01:51 AM
Unimaginative, Indecisive User
abq_tom... NICE choice. now go sign up for the monthly giveaway up above and get some sedan clear corners for yourself!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Impressions after 3 months with the '05