G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Sedan

'05 Diamond Graphite with Stone or Graphite Interior???

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-05-2005, 10:04 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'05 Diamond Graphite with Stone or Graphite Interior???

Well, the itch for a new G35 sedan has finally gotten so bad that I have to scratch it. I have decided on the diamond graphite paint but can't decide between stone or graphite interior.

Since I have noticed this board does not have a shortage of opinions I thought I would throw this one out.

Graphite
Pros-easier cleaning, looks better longer as it is harder to stain, etc, nice contrast with DG paint. Cons-Hotter interior (is this true or just a myth with tinted windows)

Please let me hear your thoughts and experiences! Thanks in advance.

Old 10-05-2005, 10:24 AM
Go stone

I got Stone interior, it looks very classy and sporty at the same time. I would recommend that.

Old 10-05-2005, 10:40 AM
well, my next car will have the graphite/ebony/blackinterior. however, a guy here at work just got on Sat, a DG with Stone sport with Aero and it looks awsome.

Old 10-05-2005, 10:51 AM
Originally Posted by Minarets
well, my next car will have the graphite/ebony/blackinterior. however, a guy here at work just got on Sat, a DG with Stone sport with Aero and it looks awsome.
Thats exactly what I am looking for, I just haven't decided on the interior.

Old 10-05-2005, 11:39 AM
here's mine

Have had her for two months now - still not broken in yet - obviously am not showing her enough attention.

I expect that it wont be easy to keep the interior looking cleaning - however I found the black interior to be way too dark.

Hope this helps you make a decision.

good luck.

Attached Thumbnails '05 Diamond Graphite with Stone or Graphite Interior???-img_0177.jpg   '05 Diamond Graphite with Stone or Graphite Interior???-img_0168.jpg   '05 Diamond Graphite with Stone or Graphite Interior???-img_0119.jpg  

Last edited by KingTuTG35; 10-05-2005 at 11:47 AM.
Old 10-05-2005, 12:09 PM
I have DG and Graphite and I really like it. I guess the question comes down to how meticulously you'll be able to maintain your car. For me, I have an almost three year old and one on the way. The kid(s) aren't in the car that much, but I didn't want to sweat black footprints on the seat every time they got in the car. Graphite was really the only option for me under those circumstances.

And yes, it is a bit warm, but just throw some tint on the window to cut the heat.

Old 10-05-2005, 12:10 PM
Pick what you like the looks of. I think black is hotter (temperature). Certainly the black parts of my car with Stone interior are hotter when I first get in. Would it being all black make it hotter when you first get in - probably, but if I really liked it better I would have got that instead. I don't take food or drink in my car anyway but I think black shows dirt more and makes the inside more claustrophobic. But this is purely subjective.

Old 10-05-2005, 12:33 PM
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Jameyb -

I say graphite....stays clean & low maintenance...my wife has light gray leather in her Highlander & it get's dirty a lot easier than you'd think. Also, if you go with a window tint, the black interior will make the tint look a little darker (IMO = looks good). As for temperature....I would think regardless of the color, if it's leather & the sun has been beating down on it all day in the car, it's gonna be hot (even if it's stone color).

Old 10-05-2005, 12:34 PM
Received 47 Likes on 32 Posts
stone looks great i love it

Old 10-05-2005, 12:35 PM
My horns hold up my halo
I have the graphite interior and it is most definately HOTTER THAN HELL most days even with the tinted windows - frankly it was unbarable before the tint. I love mine and most days I wouldn't trade it for the stone. I have an 8 year old and a medium size dog that both ride in the car. I have no issues from the kid(the black is great for that) and as for the dog it is just a matter of all the dog hair showing up everywhere. I just got a microfiber dust rag and keep it in the car. Whenever I have to sit waiting on someone or something I just take a few minutes and wipe down the dash or whatever I have time to do.

Old 10-05-2005, 12:45 PM
Charter Member Florida G35 Club
I have the DG with Stone and really like it. Get plenty of compliments too. I think it offers a better contrast than the Graphite. It is way cooler also in Florida without a dark interior, even with dark tinited windows!

Old 10-05-2005, 12:45 PM
I have DG with graphite -- looks classy and easy to maintain. For me i always wanted black leather and i think its the better colour in leather.

Old 10-05-2005, 02:16 PM
No wrong answer here ... I have DG & Graphite and fall in love all over again every time I'm in it. The black is a bit more sporty, and maybe the stone is considered a bit more upscale & classy. You literally can't go wrong. Maybe this will help: If you're single, remember that girls do always fall for the bad boys, in which case you'd definitely want black haha

Old 10-05-2005, 02:18 PM
I chose the Stone interior for my DG because it is much more pleasing to the eye with the mix of gray, black, and aluminum. Graphite is just black with no contrast. I also like how the black dash wraps around the door panels on the Stone interior. I'm sure the Stone is a little cooler than the Graphite but it's probably not that big of a difference. With the cold AC blowing hard, both will cool down fast.

Attached Thumbnails '05 Diamond Graphite with Stone or Graphite Interior???-ae6f.jpg  
Old 10-05-2005, 02:38 PM
Faced with the same decision, I chose graphite. If the dash was also stone I might of picked stone, but I did not like the mix of stone and graphite in the interior so I went with all graphite and I do not regret my decision at all. BTW the tan inside pillar between the front and side windows is an eyesore regardless of what color you choose.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: '05 Diamond Graphite with Stone or Graphite Interior???