G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Sedan

Tire dressing that does not flick off

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-12-2005 | 09:11 AM
|
Banned
Tire dressing that does not flick off

As I've used several projects now w/about the same results, has anyone had better luck w/a tire dressing product that flicks off the least on the vehicle...?

I will say that the Silicon Gell based products are the wost - it not only gets all over my car, but it's very hard to remove and it also yellow stains the clear bra. The spray-on type, although get all over the car also, comes off much easier and does not stain the clear-bra.

Suggestions..?

Old 11-12-2005 | 09:34 AM
I have had really good luck with Meguiar's Gold Class Endurance High Gloss Gel. I apply to all tires first and then wipe again to remove any excess. It does not flick off at all plus after I wipe the second time my tires look "new shiny" not ultra glossy which is what I prefer.

I do not like the sprays because I always seem to get as much on the wheels as I do on the tires.

Old 11-12-2005 | 10:01 AM
It works on my machine
I get a sponge and apply the dressing to the sponge then to the tires. This way you can control where it goes and how much is applied.

Old 11-12-2005 | 10:18 AM
Rich...try out Zaino (Z16) Tire gloss. One of the fellows on the board recommeded it to me and it works great. I used to use Meguiars Endurance, but I prefer this dressing now. Just apply it with a sponge or cloth and it leaves a satin like gloss finish that seems to last.
I actually just applied it to the weatherstripping on the car since it is non-greasy, I usually apply silicone spray to the weatherstripping for the winter , but I thought I would give it a try.

Old 11-12-2005 | 11:17 AM
|
Banned
Originally Posted by GEE35X
Rich...try out Zaino (Z16) Tire gloss. One of the fellows on the board recommeded it to me and it works great. I used to use Meguiars Endurance, but I prefer this dressing now. Just apply it with a sponge or cloth and it leaves a satin like gloss finish that seems to last.
I actually just applied it to the weatherstripping on the car since it is non-greasy, I usually apply silicone spray to the weatherstripping for the winter , but I thought I would give it a try.
Wayne,

Is this something that I can get at like "AutoZone" or is this order only..?

....man has it been cold here lately - a few more weeks and it's Snowboardng time, and time to try out the AWD..

Old 11-12-2005 | 11:22 AM
I use the Meguiars as well for all 3 of the cars I'e had. No problems.

Old 11-12-2005 | 11:50 AM
Originally Posted by RLampke
Wayne,

Is this something that I can get at like "AutoZone" or is this order only..?

....man has it been cold here lately - a few more weeks and it's Snowboardng time, and time to try out the AWD..
I believe you would have to order it on line Rich. Check here:
http://www.zainostore.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc

Yup I'm looking forward to the putting the awd to use myself .

Old 11-12-2005 | 12:37 PM
|
Banned
I believe you would have to order it on line Rich. Check here:
http://www.zainostore.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc

Yup I'm looking forward to the putting the awd to use myself .
Thanks for the info, never heard of these products - ordered it up w/a few other goodies

Old 11-12-2005 | 12:42 PM
Wheel Wax makes some that IMHO is the best out there. Dosn't fling off not greasy looking, gives the tires the "brand new" look.

Old 11-12-2005 | 02:13 PM
Originally Posted by RLampke
As I've used several projects now w/about the same results, has anyone had better luck w/a tire dressing product that flicks off the least on the vehicle...?

I will say that the Silicon Gell based products are the wost - it not only gets all over my car, but it's very hard to remove and it also yellow stains the clear bra. The spray-on type, although get all over the car also, comes off much easier and does not stain the clear-bra.

Suggestions..?
SoCalTed turned my on to some stuff called Blue Ice (I'm pretty sure that's the name). It is a gel but goes on and stays on! No "flicking off". It looks GREAT and last a long time!

I think it's internet order only - you might want to PM SoCalTed if you are interested in the stuff - he can tell you how to get it.

Old 11-12-2005 | 02:22 PM
The stuff I have found that works best, lasts forever, and doesn't fly off is the Stoners More Shine Less Time.

Old 11-12-2005 | 02:47 PM
Originally Posted by jameyb
I have had really good luck with Meguiar's Gold Class Endurance High Gloss Gel. I apply to all tires first and then wipe again to remove any excess. It does not flick off at all plus after I wipe the second time my tires look "new shiny" not ultra glossy which is what I prefer.

I do not like the sprays because I always seem to get as much on the wheels as I do on the tires.
+1

Old 11-12-2005 | 03:37 PM
Staff ALUMNI
Staff Alumni
Originally Posted by RRF985
The stuff I have found that works best, lasts forever, and doesn't fly off is the Stoners More Shine Less Time.
What he said. I've tried a bunch and I always go back to MSLT - it leaves a nice finish, is a spray on walk away product, and doesn's sling.

Old 11-12-2005 | 04:27 PM
AA or Eagle 1 Trim Shine.

Any dressing will sling off if you apply too much, and if you don't buff it in. Try applying with an Eagle 1 Tire Swipe then once you're done use another dry swipe to buff it.

Old 11-12-2005 | 08:33 PM
Zaino's Perfect Tire Gloss (Z16) is the only one ive found that doesnt leave a build up and has to eventually be wash/rubbed off due to road grim sticking to the tire. It also keeps the tires from "browning" after constant use.

I wouldn't use anything else. IMHO its the best.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Tire dressing that does not flick off