Old 11-22-2005, 02:48 PM
Misanthropic nut-cracker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Is all good! It's just me and my way ....So's being mis-understood , jbx

Old 11-22-2005, 03:59 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
same thoughts here...

Originally Posted by woshiagni
I had Supra 712's on my previous vehicle and experienced no problems...

I wouldn't buy a Korean car over a German car either but I'll admit they can screw a car together much better than the Germans.

I've got a better one: Firestones. Now that was a set of hard, crappy rubber. Made in America -- need I say more? LOL

You stole the words out of my mouth. I've got supra ectsa 712's on my 2k2 6spd maxima and they handle so much better in rain and dry (supra 712's handle in rain better than blowtenza re-92's do in dry) than the blowtenza re-92's that came factory equipped. Currently have about 37k miles on the supras now... starting to ride kinda rough but still handles quite well for my aggressive driving.

oh yeah, i replace my blowtenzas at 20k miles on the odometer... couldn't stand the sloppiness provided by the $176 plus/per tire of the blowtenzas and got the $110 per tire supra 712's...

Old 11-22-2005, 10:46 PM
I never said anything about JBX being racist. I simply stated that in many cases, generalization can lead to stereotyping, which is racism in its most base form. I'm sure JBX is a great guy, and I meant in no way to be disrespectful to him; I merely wanted to state my opinion. I may be a newbie to this forum, but that fact should not take anything away from what I have to say.

Old 11-23-2005, 12:04 AM
Originally Posted by green_destiny
I never said anything about JBX being racist. I simply stated that in many cases, generalization can lead to stereotyping, which is racism in its most base form. I'm sure JBX is a great guy, and I meant in no way to be disrespectful to him; I merely wanted to state my opinion. I may be a newbie to this forum, but that fact should not take anything away from what I have to say.
Wow, this sure turned into a heated debate.

Just wanted to point something out here.
Stereotyping is by NO means a "base" form of racism.
Stereotyping is typing a group based on personal experience and
usually historical facts.
Stereotyping can be placed on sexual orientation too. It has
nothing to do with race then.
Oh, and by the way, many Asians can't drive. That's kind of a fact and
common knowledge with anyone whose been around a lot of Asians.
You also only need to look at China as an example. They have
only 3% or the world's licensed drivers, but commit 15% of the world's
traffic accidents. The highest in the world.

Anyway, back on topic:
As I stated, I wouldn't buy the Kumho's.
The Continentals are OEM tires on MANY cars and many
of the worlds most expensive and exotics...enough said.

Old 11-23-2005, 12:12 AM
Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by woshiagni
I had Supra 712's on my previous vehicle and experienced no problems...

I wouldn't buy a Korean car over a German car either but I'll admit they can screw a car together much better than the Germans.

I've got a better one: Firestones. Now that was a set of hard, crappy rubber. Made in America -- need I say more? LOL

Get your **** straight. Firestone WAS an american company. They have been owned by Bridgestone for quite a long time now. As you should know, bridgestone is a japanese tire company.

The only "large" american tire manufacturer left is GoodYear. There are some some esoteric american brands out there, but GoodYear is essentially it when it comes to mainstream.

Old 11-23-2005, 03:12 AM
Originally Posted by QuadCam
Get your **** straight. Firestone WAS an american company. They have been owned by Bridgestone for quite a long time now. As you should know, bridgestone is a japanese tire company.

The only "large" american tire manufacturer left is GoodYear. There are some some esoteric american brands out there, but GoodYear is essentially it when it comes to mainstream.
Thanks for the attitude. That post that correlated Korean tires to Korean cars was so serious, I was making a joke about American cars and "American" tires. I know that Firestone was purchased by Bridgestone. Late 80's in fact, IIRC. It doesn't matter, the set of Firestones I owned was NOT made in Japan... for that matter, if German tires were as reliable as German cars, I would never buy a German-engineered tire. The stories I could tell about my 740iL...

Everyone needs to relax.... geez.

Back to the topic... another great affordable tire not available in the 05 G35 6MT size: Falken GR-beta FK-451's...

Old 11-23-2005, 03:23 AM
mc2
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Driver72
It wasn't a generalization.
What exactly is made and/or invented by the Koreans that is at the top of
it's class in anything or vastly superior to something made/invented by the Germans. Especially when it comes to anything automotive.
I'd be interested in your response proving me wrong.
Facts are facts...not generalizations.

Oh and German cars aren't "considered" more refined...they ARE.
Again, facts are facts. No need to try to be all PC about it.
wow man.. get a fcking clue.

Old 11-23-2005, 05:54 AM
Misanthropic nut-cracker
Time for this thread to be sewn up...........

Old 11-23-2005, 08:05 PM
Originally Posted by JustBrilliantX
Time for this thread to be sewn up...........

Agreed there! This has got to be one of the oddest threads I've seen in a while. And that's saying a lot on this forums. It started off with somebody saying there's finally an affordable tire for the stock 234/45R18 to it ending in a debate on race! Are you freaking kidding me?
BTW, I for one am glad that Tirerack is selling the Kumho at a decent price, rather than forcing us to pay $200-$260 PER tire for the others! Yeah, I know the Conti are $181, but that's still a big difference in price compared to the Kumho. I'm not saying you should buy the Kumho, but at least there's that option if you so choose.

Old 11-23-2005, 08:17 PM
Misanthropic nut-cracker
Originally Posted by callawayc7
Agreed there! This has got to be one of the oddest threads I've seen in a while. And that's saying a lot on this forums. It started off with somebody saying there's finally an affordable tire for the stock 234/45R18 to it ending in a debate on race! Are you freaking kidding me?
BTW, I for one am glad that Tirerack is selling the Kumho at a decent price, rather than forcing us to pay $200-$260 PER tire for the others! Yeah, I know the Conti are $181, but that's still a big difference in price compared to the Kumho. I'm not saying you should buy the Kumho, but at least there's that option if you so choose.
Been looking at the Nitto and Toyo as a springtime possibility for a beat'm-up dispose-a-tire for summer use. U?

Old 11-24-2005, 11:50 AM
Originally Posted by mc2
wow man.. get a fcking clue.
Please correct me then. What exactly was invented by the Koreans that's worth a crap? Much less anything they MAKE (not build or put together by someone making .28 an hour). Make means design, engineer, build...all of it.
Cellphones?? Whoop dee do. Again, nothing they invented nor made from scratch. Pulling apart someone elses product and copying it is not too difficult....and it took them DECADES to even do that 1/2 way right (refering to their cars).

And if you think Korean cars are considered more refined than German cars...you are the one in need of getting an clue.

I speak the facts/truth. I won't sugar coat it in the name of PC or nowaday's people over sensitive sensibilities. Get over it.
Oh, and I'm not from Germany, nor Korea...just pointing out the facts.

If you want to buy Korean tires, go for it.
I was just pointing out I wouldn't, and a couple people turned it into a race debate. Like someone else said...that's sad.
What's next saying I hate Mexican food and get a bunch of people turning that into a racial issue too? Pathetic.

Let's move on.

Last edited by Driver72; 11-24-2005 at 11:54 AM.
Old 11-24-2005, 05:25 PM
Originally Posted by Driver72
Please correct me then. What exactly was invented by the Koreans that's worth a crap? Much less anything they MAKE (not build or put together by someone making .28 an hour). Make means design, engineer, build...all of it.
Cellphones?? Whoop dee do. Again, nothing they invented nor made from scratch. Pulling apart someone elses product and copying it is not too difficult....and it took them DECADES to even do that 1/2 way right (refering to their cars).

And if you think Korean cars are considered more refined than German cars...you are the one in need of getting an clue.

I speak the facts/truth. I won't sugar coat it in the name of PC or nowaday's people over sensitive sensibilities. Get over it.
Oh, and I'm not from Germany, nor Korea...just pointing out the facts.

If you want to buy Korean tires, go for it.
I was just pointing out I wouldn't, and a couple people turned it into a race debate. Like someone else said...that's sad.
What's next saying I hate Mexican food and get a bunch of people turning that into a racial issue too? Pathetic.

Let's move on.

To Driver 72,

There is a difference between not sugar coating things and being ignorant and completely ignorant to world matters today. I say this because you've repeatedly stated things that were offensive to me as well as other members of this forum. Here, I'll even go over a few things that you said, just to rekindle your memory:

"3. Made in Korea - enough said there."
-No, enough is not said there. It may be true that most Korean products in the 70's, 80's and early 90's were cheap imitations of foreign made products. So what??? We now live in the 21st century, buddy. Yes, Hyundai and Kia are no Mercedes-Benz nor BMW. But that doesn't mean they haven't made great strides over the past few decades. Sure, they're no where near industry leaders in the automotive world, but they're no longer the butt of every other joke either. And hey, what do you know, they've even picked up some JD Power awards over the last year. I'm almost sure that they don't award those to POS cars.
And speaking of industry leaders, Korean campanies are industry leaders in many categories of electronics, or atleast in the Top 5. Computer parts, Flat Panel monitors and TV's, Mobile phones, MP3 players, even white electronics such as Refrigerators and laundry machines. Samsung or LG are in the Top 5 in all of those categories. And yes, these categories are important. Why? Because you most likely use these electronics way more than you drive your car or spin your tires.

"Just wanted to point something out here.
traffic accidents. The highest in the world."

-I was wrong about one thing. Stereotyping is NOT just the "base" of racism; it's, oh, so much more. Stereotyping can lead to racism, sexism, homophobism and religious hate crimes. Does the Holocaust of WWII ring a bell? Does the nonsensical annihilation of thousands of non-aryan people mean nothing? And guess how most of it began? It was after the ***** singled out and STEREOTYPED thousands of Jews and gypsies (as well as other minorities in that area) that it occured.
Do you not see how generalizations and stereotypes lead to misunderstandings? And from misunderstanding often come strife and segregation. Surely I don't have to remind you of other historical atrocities such as slavery in the US and the Armenian genocide?
And one more thing. If you had taken even one class in Statistics, you would know that statistics alone mean nothing. They can be interpreted in a variety of different ways, and thus are often misread. Statistics also cannot prove something as fact/truth NOR be the cause of something. They're simply numbers. For example, from that simple statistic you gave me, how do you conclude that Asians, as a whole, are bad drivers. You stated a statistic about CHINESE drivers, and to my best knowledge, China is not the only country in Asia. Additionally, I have lived in both Los Angeles and San Diego, both of which have fairly large Asian-American populations. I have been around many Asians my entire life, but it has never occured to me as "fact and common knowledge" that Asians were bad drivers. And isn't it strange, that an Asian like myself has yet to receive a ticket or be in an accident? I mean, WTF??!! I'm Asian, shouldn't I be causing road rage and traffic jams like the rest of them??

There is so much more I could write here but I will cut myself short. After all, this is a car forum, and I have digressed greatly from that subject. Driver72, you have insulted my intelligence in more ways than one. I did not believe adults in today's day and age still thought the way that you do. The things that you said were things I would expect from a highschooler, not a person who works in the "film biz" (yes I looke at your user profile). I suggest you take a college level class in African American History/Studies, Asian American History/studies, or Latino History/Studies to learn about the oppression and suffering that resulted from stereotyping and generalizing. If you've already taken a class in the aforementioned subjects, you should ask for a full money refund because you obviously haven't learned a thing.

ps - S. Korea now has one of the strictest labor laws in the world and sweat shops are strictly probited within the country. Please educate yourself before making such ignorant assumptions.

-I apologize to everyone who read this thread expecting information on tires. It was my fault that the thread became racially charged and I take full responsibility. I didn't think that things would get so out of hand and I hope you all can forgive me. I am an Ethnic Studies major so I am extremely sensitive to these types of issues. I suggest this thread be moved or closed. Once again, I am extremely sorry. Oh, and happy thanksgiving everyone!

Last edited by green_destiny; 11-24-2005 at 05:33 PM.
Old 11-25-2005, 12:25 AM
Jp1
Originally Posted by green_destiny
To Driver 72,

There is a difference between not sugar coating things and being ignorant and completely ignorant to world matters today. I say this because you've repeatedly stated things that were offensive to me as well as other members of this forum. Here, I'll even go over a few things that you said, just to rekindle your memory:

"3. Made in Korea - enough said there."
-No, enough is not said there. It may be true that most Korean products in the 70's, 80's and early 90's were cheap imitations of foreign made products. So what??? We now live in the 21st century, buddy. Yes, Hyundai and Kia are no Mercedes-Benz nor BMW. But that doesn't mean they haven't made great strides over the past few decades. Sure, they're no where near industry leaders in the automotive world, but they're no longer the butt of every other joke either. And hey, what do you know, they've even picked up some JD Power awards over the last year. I'm almost sure that they don't award those to POS cars.
And speaking of industry leaders, Korean campanies are industry leaders in many categories of electronics, or atleast in the Top 5. Computer parts, Flat Panel monitors and TV's, Mobile phones, MP3 players, even white electronics such as Refrigerators and laundry machines. Samsung or LG are in the Top 5 in all of those categories. And yes, these categories are important. Why? Because you most likely use these electronics way more than you drive your car or spin your tires.

"Just wanted to point something out here.
traffic accidents. The highest in the world."

-I was wrong about one thing. Stereotyping is NOT just the "base" of racism; it's, oh, so much more. Stereotyping can lead to racism, sexism, homophobism and religious hate crimes. Does the Holocaust of WWII ring a bell? Does the nonsensical annihilation of thousands of non-aryan people mean nothing? And guess how most of it began? It was after the ***** singled out and STEREOTYPED thousands of Jews and gypsies (as well as other minorities in that area) that it occured.
Do you not see how generalizations and stereotypes lead to misunderstandings? And from misunderstanding often come strife and segregation. Surely I don't have to remind you of other historical atrocities such as slavery in the US and the Armenian genocide?
And one more thing. If you had taken even one class in Statistics, you would know that statistics alone mean nothing. They can be interpreted in a variety of different ways, and thus are often misread. Statistics also cannot prove something as fact/truth NOR be the cause of something. They're simply numbers. For example, from that simple statistic you gave me, how do you conclude that Asians, as a whole, are bad drivers. You stated a statistic about CHINESE drivers, and to my best knowledge, China is not the only country in Asia. Additionally, I have lived in both Los Angeles and San Diego, both of which have fairly large Asian-American populations. I have been around many Asians my entire life, but it has never occured to me as "fact and common knowledge" that Asians were bad drivers. And isn't it strange, that an Asian like myself has yet to receive a ticket or be in an accident? I mean, WTF??!! I'm Asian, shouldn't I be causing road rage and traffic jams like the rest of them??

There is so much more I could write here but I will cut myself short. After all, this is a car forum, and I have digressed greatly from that subject. Driver72, you have insulted my intelligence in more ways than one. I did not believe adults in today's day and age still thought the way that you do. The things that you said were things I would expect from a highschooler, not a person who works in the "film biz" (yes I looke at your user profile). I suggest you take a college level class in African American History/Studies, Asian American History/studies, or Latino History/Studies to learn about the oppression and suffering that resulted from stereotyping and generalizing. If you've already taken a class in the aforementioned subjects, you should ask for a full money refund because you obviously haven't learned a thing.

ps - S. Korea now has one of the strictest labor laws in the world and sweat shops are strictly probited within the country. Please educate yourself before making such ignorant assumptions.

-I apologize to everyone who read this thread expecting information on tires. It was my fault that the thread became racially charged and I take full responsibility. I didn't think that things would get so out of hand and I hope you all can forgive me. I am an Ethnic Studies major so I am extremely sensitive to these types of issues. I suggest this thread be moved or closed. Once again, I am extremely sorry. Oh, and happy thanksgiving everyone!
You obviously don't know what you're talking about.

Thanksgiving was about Turkeys, not car drivers.

We've been around many thousands of years and still have cultural differances, because we don't learn. It's history and you're right.

Old 11-25-2005, 10:50 AM
Originally Posted by Jp1

We've been around many thousands of years and still have cultural differances, because we don't learn. It's history and you're right.

And that's what makes us the human RACE.
Too many people these days are desperately trying to be so PC
and turn us into robots....we all need to be exactly the same.
Like Canine's who have many different breeds...all Canines but with
many different personalities, looks, intelligence, sizes, etc.
Soon we won't be able to say, "those pit bulls are aggressive dogs
and have a tendency to be quite aggressive"
We'll have to be PC and pretend they're just as friendly and lovable
as the Golden Retriever. :lol:

We're a race of many DIFFERENT humans with all kinds of different
qualities and personalities and so forth...just like EVERY other ANIMAL on
this planet. Yet, many of us THINK we all need
to be EXACTLY the same and NOT differentiate one iota from the other.
We're all equal as a human...as we should be, but we're also different...as
we should be.

This topic has gotten so far OT now that it's ridiculous.
Green Destiny, I accept your apology for bringing this topic off. I also
understand (but don't really) why you did so. You are obviously one
of those types who thinks that someone from Ethiopia is exactly the
same as someone from Austrailia, or someone from Thailand is no different in any way than someone from Mexico. That's great that you want us all to be like mass produced robots and have every quality the same. But I appreciate the human race as what we are...a species of different people with different aspects, looks, personalities, qualities, cultures, etc.
If we were all exactly the same as you apparently wish and hope we were...we'd be a pretty boring 6 billion humans.

I'm moving on now, good day.

Last edited by Driver72; 11-25-2005 at 10:52 AM.
Old 11-25-2005, 07:05 PM
Misanthropic nut-cracker
Hey 'Destiny", are you runnin' a fever, or just friggn' left coast retard. (Now he'll say I'm anti-handicapped too). Enough........cut the shyt..........go wash your hair and do your nails or something. Maybe ya can join a Hillary Clinton support site where this tripe is on the menu 24/7......not here. E Frigg'n nuff. 04' G35X, Brilliant Silver,"Padded" (Metal Matrix) by Stillen" "Full 'X' Cat-Back" by Stillen, "Aloomie Pedals" by Inf., "Popped" by Wolf, "Pullied" by UR,"Tubed" by Z,"D-Badged" by me, "Clear Cornered" by JDM, 05' "Tails" by Inf., "Tall Boy Plenum" by APS, well "Grounded" by Gordgee., 35% Silver Reflective tint.

Last edited by JustBrilliantX; 11-25-2005 at 08:13 PM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: New Kumho tire in 05 6mt stock 235/45-18