G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Sedan

Got cut off by a loaded Volvo s60 sedan.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-26-2005, 12:33 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Good job maintaining your composure.

Old 11-27-2005, 05:07 AM
Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
Well doing 70mph in carpool on an empty highway is slow and might irritate a lot of people including me. But good job keeping your cool especially with the family on board.

Let the flames start!

Old 11-27-2005, 02:46 PM
Originally Posted by DP03
Didn't your whole post, but if it was an S60R, they are faster than our G's. I owned one right before the G......
Sorry - I disagree. And not becuase of magazine specs or "hear-say"... but because of direct comparison between my 2005 6MT sedan (stock) and a friends 2005 S60R. I was faster. Ever so slightly, but faster. It was about 60 degrees that day... so pretty nice and cool for his turbos. Granted, yes... your X with the drivetrain loss and additional weight is slower.

Old 11-27-2005, 11:07 PM
Ah yes... the valley (I'm assuming) and LA driving in general...

When somebody tailgates me, I usually don't let it bother me. I usually speed, but the tailgating (to me) usually occurs when I'm behind somebody else. Unless I can get around, I follow the "slower" car at a safe distance (1.5 to 3 second distance). I think tailgating is pointless and introduces a needless risk of a bad collision (especially with all of the debris on usually on the #1 lane of the freeway).

I hope that volvo doesn't learn the hardway the reputation the valley has of freeway shootings.

Old 11-27-2005, 11:44 PM
up until this model year (2006), the 5 speed auto trans S60R/V70R were a second slower to 60 and the 1/4 than the manual cars. The manual cars were in the mid 5's to 60 and a low 14 or high 13 in the quarter. This was true because with the 5 speed auto, they lowered the torque output over 50 ft-lbs to save the tranny compared to the manual. This year, they went to a new 6 speed auto trans and they keep the full amount of torque with the auto - with the extra gear and the torque, the autos are now running low 5's to 60 and mid-high 13's in the quarter.

Old 11-28-2005, 09:25 AM
Like I've been telling my wife....welcome to the Christmas Spirit...we have another month and a half of people acting insuffrable.

Old 11-28-2005, 04:52 PM
Originally Posted by stl_ls1gto
This year, they went to a new 6 speed auto trans and they keep the full amount of torque with the auto - with the extra gear and the torque, the autos are now running low 5's to 60 and mid-high 13's in the quarter.
Good info - didn't know they upgraded the auto tranny for 06. Wonder if it's the same 6AT as in the new Exploder... it would make sense.

Old 11-28-2005, 06:22 PM
Originally Posted by Wildcard
What I find ironic is that they are in my way inconveniencing me, making me brake and lose enjoyment of my new G and they're mad? It should be a chargable offence to park in the fast lane and I wish there was a way I could sue for loss of enjoyment in life because of such offence. haha! Kidding! Anyway, if you're sunday driving with your families' please America stay in the right lane. The rest of us motoring enthusiasts appreciate the room to choose for ourselves whats right or wrong.

It's inconveniencing you? LOL! How about YOU inconveniencing me to speed up and waste my gas? (Not to mention breaking the law by speeding). Maybe I should be able to sue tailgaters for my gas bill? And maybe my speeding tickets?

Old 11-29-2005, 02:05 PM
Just about a week ago, a local doctor got cut off by a woman who apparently was upset with his driving. He flashed his lights at her and she in turn slammed on her brakes. The doctor got upset and passed her and proceeded to cut HER off. He slammed on his brakes, she lost control of her car, she died and the doctor in now waiting to be charged for manslaughter...

I compliment your behavior; staying calm in the situation. I can't say I would have been as forgiving.

Old 11-29-2005, 09:32 PM
Originally Posted by callawayc7
It's inconveniencing you? LOL! How about YOU inconveniencing me to speed up and waste my gas? (Not to mention breaking the law by speeding). Maybe I should be able to sue tailgaters for my gas bill? And maybe my speeding tickets?
You shouldn't be inconvenienced in any way. If you don't want to exceed the speed limit, then park yourself in the right lane where you belong instead of crawling along in the left hand lane thinking you're a good driver by maintaining the limit.

Old 11-29-2005, 09:57 PM
Great job of staying calm in that situation. I know how you feel and in the back of my mind that I would speed up, cut the b1tch off and brake. Self-control is very important. Also, I wouldn't risk a speeding ticket too, especially on a holiday, there are tons of CHPs around.

Old 11-29-2005, 11:23 PM
Super Moderator
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
You did the right thing . . . Bravo. I trust the rest of your day was well spent with your lovely familiy.

Old 11-30-2005, 11:59 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I used to be meaner than just hitting the brakes on the tailgaters... think downshift-and-coast. Of course, I used to drive cheaper cars, too.

You don't want to be stuck in a rental for a week getting a new bumper on your G35 because the Volvo's driver didn't react quickly enough.

Old 12-01-2005, 01:29 AM
Originally Posted by ryoken
I used to be meaner than just hitting the brakes on the tailgaters... think downshift-and-coast. Of course, I used to drive cheaper cars, too.

You don't want to be stuck in a rental for a week getting a new bumper on your G35 because the Volvo's driver didn't react quickly enough.

My thoughts exactly....why you would want to chance someone rearending you I will never understand...plus you will be held at least in partial fault which will probably raise your insurance, along with the hassle of getting your car fixed, and the cost of the lawyer to go to court for you. To me it would be easier to just speed up enough to lose the people, or slow down more and let them get ahead of you. If need-be, get off and get back on the highway to let them get away from you and give both drivers a chance to calm down.

Always get over to the right if faster traffic is behind you...dont be that person in the left lane being a moron and going the same speed as traffic in the right lane(s). Even if someone flashes their lights at you from behind, 90% of the time they are just doing it to get you to move over - they are not trying to be mean and cause road rage - I wish people would understand this, Instead of giving them the finger when they pass by.

Old 12-01-2005, 06:38 AM
you did good man,

next time, speed up, if a cop sees you speeding but that krazy woman is on ur ***, he will pull her over and not you

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Got cut off by a loaded Volvo s60 sedan.