G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Sedan

For those that have added HomeLink to their cars

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-27-2005, 05:51 PM
Red Card Crew

Received 583 Likes on 496 Posts
For those that have added HomeLink to their cars

How much did you pay for the visor itself? And where? I've found an ebay link for the harness (searchies )

I've seen a few 05s that are base models w/o this. It's one feature I really would like. The 05s seem to be really well optioned nowdays.

Old 12-27-2005, 07:13 PM
Walking The Fine Line...

Received 128 Likes on 79 Posts
I just programmed mine this weekend - finally. My last house had rolling code which the car wouldn't sync to for some reason - I could make it work with everyone else's door except mine..

Now that I have it programmed I became aware of a drawback. It works without the key being installed. If I leave my car in the driveway for the night, all someone has to do is break into the car and they have access to my garage.

Don't know if I like that or not.

My solution is never leave the car out, but never is an absolute. I don't believe in absolutes.

Old 12-27-2005, 09:40 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Jeff92se
How much did you pay for the visor itself? And where? I've found an ebay link for the harness (searchies )

I've seen a few 05s that are base models w/o this. It's one feature I really would like. The 05s seem to be really well optioned nowdays.
Did 05 change the homelink controls to the visor? My 04 is below the rear view mirror.

Old 12-27-2005, 11:15 PM
Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts
don't mean to jack the thread, but GeeWillikers, how were you able to finally program your homelink? I know my garage has a rolling code, and I followed the instructions to the letter and have tried about 15 times, but still doesn't work. Would you be able to describe the exact steps you took?

Old 12-27-2005, 11:31 PM
Old 12-28-2005, 01:37 AM
Received 72 Likes on 51 Posts
I thought all Gs had the Homelink in the rear mirror?

Old 12-28-2005, 01:43 AM
Red Card Crew

Received 583 Likes on 496 Posts
Oops yes I meant the rear view mirror. And no, not all G35s come with Homelink. Even on the 05, it's an option. Probably part of the premium package.

Old 12-28-2005, 06:59 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by patman530
don't mean to jack the thread, but GeeWillikers, how were you able to finally program your homelink? I know my garage has a rolling code, and I followed the instructions to the letter and have tried about 15 times, but still doesn't work. Would you be able to describe the exact steps you took?
One thing that I noticed after about 10 minutes of trying to program my homelink for my garage door, which is also rolling code, was that when I pressed the button on the door opener, I would walk back to my car which was in the driveway. When I got to the car, I would complete the steps required, but nothing would happen. It was driving my insane, then I realized that I was tripping the safety beam as I was walking out of the garage. This would reset the garage door and turn off the learning feature. After pressing the button on the motor again, I made sure to step over the beam and was then able to complete the setup.

Not sure if this is happening in your case, but thought I'd mention it.

Good luck.

Albert

Old 12-28-2005, 11:40 AM
Walking The Fine Line...

Received 128 Likes on 79 Posts
Originally Posted by patman530
I followed the exact steps in the manual - using two people, one at the opener and one in the car, we did the ole' 1.2.3 GO! method. At 3, we both pressed our respective buttons (the reset on the opener, the mirror button, and the opener button) and it worked. Prior to doing it, I did the homelink reset (hold the button you intend to program until you get the rapid blink to clear it). The only thing different this time was the brand of garage door opener. My old one - the one I couldn't program for anything - was a Craftsman. This one is a Stanley.

Like I said before, I programmed my opener to open a couple of my friend's gaarage door openers just to see if it worked at all. Mine was the only one that I couldn't sync with. I was happy (with the above exception) that I got it to work with the new door.

Hope this helps.

Old 12-28-2005, 12:02 PM
Originally Posted by akrus
One thing that I noticed after about 10 minutes of trying to program my homelink for my garage door, which is also rolling code, was that when I pressed the button on the door opener, I would walk back to my car which was in the driveway. When I got to the car, I would complete the steps required, but nothing would happen. It was driving my insane, then I realized that I was tripping the safety beam as I was walking out of the garage. This would reset the garage door and turn off the learning feature. After pressing the button on the motor again, I made sure to step over the beam and was then able to complete the setup.

Not sure if this is happening in your case, but thought I'd mention it.

Good luck.

Albert
ROTFLMAO... Priceless!

Old 12-28-2005, 01:27 PM
Premier Member

HOMELINK is built into the mirror itself. And you can buy it straight from the manufacture and add the mirror later. It's around 2-300 bucks. I plan on doing this myself. Several have done it in the past and HOMELINK has always been on the mirror.

Old 12-28-2005, 01:30 PM
Premier Member

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Gente...spagenameZWD1V

Example with the brand and model you need.

https://g35driver.com/forums/showthr...or+manufacture

Last edited by G35_TX; 12-28-2005 at 01:33 PM.
Old 12-28-2005, 07:13 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by 05GSedan
ROTFLMAO... Priceless!
You should live my life, if that got you laughing. There's hardly any break between comedic events, let alone any sign of an end, LOL!!!

Albert

Old 01-16-2006, 07:16 PM
Grocery getter

Received 190 Likes on 60 Posts
I found a homelink mirror on ebay for $65 and made a harness myself. It works great.

Old 01-16-2006, 07:27 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by GeeWillikers
I just programmed mine this weekend - finally. My last house had rolling code which the car wouldn't sync to for some reason - I could make it work with everyone else's door except mine..

Now that I have it programmed I became aware of a drawback. It works without the key being installed. If I leave my car in the driveway for the night, all someone has to do is break into the car and they have access to my garage.

Don't know if I like that or not.

My solution is never leave the car out, but never is an absolute. I don't believe in absolutes.
My 2k2 max had the homelink on the visor as standard... I don't need a key to turn on the car to operate the homelink... the homelink is just like your garage remote, it runs off its one battery just like the homelink will run off your car battery... so technically it is suppose to operate as it should...

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: For those that have added HomeLink to their cars