G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Sedan

anyone......

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-08-2006, 10:27 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
anyone......

ever deal with this place...i'm looking for some wheels and their prices fit rite under my budget...i'm looking at those ADR m-sports..

http://www.craigslist.org/sfc/pts/123605762.html

Old 01-08-2006, 10:35 PM
Thumbs up

Can't provide any information, but the Msports are HOT.

Old 01-08-2006, 11:34 PM
Modded Member
This shop is located in San Francisco. I read a review about them on my350z.com- something about buying wheels in bulk, making a profit off one set, and selling the rest at cost. Apparently their distributors hate them becuase of their prices, and their customer service is non existant (i.e. sell rims with wrong offset, and don't fix the problem).

I would stay away from them.

Old 01-09-2006, 10:09 AM
Originally Posted by vodkarocket
This shop is located in San Francisco. I read a review about them on my350z.com- something about buying wheels in bulk, making a profit off one set, and selling the rest at cost. Apparently their distributors hate them becuase of their prices, and their customer service is non existant (i.e. sell rims with wrong offset, and don't fix the problem).

I would stay away from them.

Thanks for the 411!

Old 01-09-2006, 10:51 AM
I don't know about rims, but Craigs List had a FREE Corvette listed last week. Too bad it was a hoax.

It's HIS little red Corvette

Email this story

Printer friendly format

BY JENNIFER SMITH
STAFF WRITER

January 6, 2006

Maintenance worker Frank Saraceno likes riding his Harley and tinkering with the 1985 Corvette he bought a few years back as "a project" for his semi-retirement. Last year, he got the Vette up and running. The plan for 2006 was to paint it white, with an American flag on the hood.

He hasn't quite gotten around to that yet. Instead, Saraceno, 61, of West Babylon, spent the better part of this week fending off eager respondents to an online classified advertisement - apparently posted by someone else - directing those interested in a free Corvette to come to Saraceno's address and remove it.

"It's an odd thing," said Lt. Robert Waring with Suffolk's First Precinct, who added that investigators had not determined if it was a prank or if someone was trying to harass Saraceno. Asked how common such incidents are, Waring said, "This is the first one that I'm aware of that we're handling."

"What is Craigslist?" Saraceno asked the first comer to show up in his driveway Monday, when told the man was responding to an ad in the "free" section of Craigslist.org, a popular online classified ad site.

"All of a sudden they start coming, every 15 minutes," Saraceno said yesterday. "When the flatbed pulled up, I called the cops." Later, his daughter alerted News 12, which ran a segment on Wednesday night.

The incident was written up Monday night as aggravated harassment, a misdemeanor, Waring said. No suspects have yet been identified; Saraceno said none of his neighbors had complained to him about the car.

Police have since contacted San Francisco-based Craigslist and are now working to identify who posted the ad.

That's not as easy as it might be - the site receives about 200,000 ads each day, Craigslist's customer service manager, Clint Powell, said yesterday. Powell said they are still trying to locate the original ad, which was removed after Saraceno's daughter, Francine Bibicoff, e-mailed to complain.

In most cases, privacy laws prevent Craigslist from releasing an advertiser's identity to authorities without a subpoena or search warrant, Powell said. But, he added, "if a post like this is put up, and it's obviously a prank intended to cause somebody grief, we will release information directly to the victim."

The site does not review ads, relying on trust and user alerts to weed out fraud.

But Saraceno's wife, Dorothy, remains angry, questioning how a Web site could allow her address to be posted online.

Last night, Dorothy Saraceno's Lincoln blocked the Corvette in the driveway. A sign on the sports car warned: "Do Not Touch This Car/Not for Sale/Not for Free.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.