G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Sedan

ED Side and Rear Body Kit

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-16-2006, 04:11 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by jasperg35
sorry... went with the ed front, stillen sides and rear...

i believe you have the aero front bumper, part of the aerodynamic body kit, offered as a dealer option, not a nismo bumper... because, to my knowledge, nismo doesn't make any fairings for the sedan, just the coupe (and i've only seen a couple of those)... if you know otherwise, please enlighten me.
You might be right. I do have the front aero bumper - or as some members in this board fondly call the nismo bumper. In any case, I need to match the rest of the body kit to this bumper. Options are:

1. get the rest of the aero kit, side+rear - ($1000+ship)
2. paint the stock sides and rear - ($400~$700range)
3. get the stillen sides+rear - ($780+ship+paint($400~$700range))
4. get the ED sides+rear - ($724+ship+paint($400~$700range))

Cheapest and easiest option is 2.(I may have just talked myself into it.) Option 3 and 4 will cost me well over $1000-oUch!

Old 01-16-2006, 05:47 PM
Charter Member Florida G35 Club
Originally Posted by jasperg35
they did, in fact, offer a sentra (i forgot what they called it), fairlady z, and a skyline gt (coupe only), all in nismo packages..., and they had a concept of a nismo altima (that was later introduced last year).

they did, also install some nismo parts into a skyline gt350 sedan (that already had the factory aero kit installed), like some cams, suspension, rims, etc... and took the sentra vinyls and put them on the sedan... it looked quite nice.
I hate to break this to you.. the "aero" bumper IS THE SAME as the nismo bumper. It's identical.. just since there are no real Nismo support for the Infiniti line, we just refer to it as the Nismo bumper because it helps differentiate. I'm sorry if you disagree, but everyone can be wrong sometimes!

P.S. I know this because I have a buddy in Japan who I had price out the Nismo Front Bumper for the Sedan about a year ago. I showed him the Aero bumper and he said it was one in the same

Old 01-16-2006, 11:40 PM
tgenius that post was more or less worthless.

* i am impartial in the debate over whether it is or is not a nismo bumper *

but your evidence is pretty damn weak. tell your friend to scan a pic of it from japan where it is listed as the nismo bumper

Old 01-17-2006, 12:07 AM
cool

Old 01-17-2006, 12:14 AM
kegels - i think the aero kit is a pretty good deal, especially because it comes prepainted... and that may mean less time away from your car... you've got good estimations there... good luck!!!

Old 01-17-2006, 12:23 AM
tgenius- i know they are referred to as the same... but for a long time hiv was referred to as aids too... doesn't make it right, even if 200,000 think it is... a fact is a fact. i've been a big fan of nismo, since i owned my gts-t back in my okinawan days.

when i was buying my g online, nowhere did it say nismo.

ask a coupe owner if he has only the 'unique front fascia and side sills' or the nismo kit...

Last edited by jaspergtr; 01-17-2006 at 12:25 AM.
Old 01-17-2006, 12:33 AM
i'm not trying to kick dirt on anybody... i'm just trying to put out there that some people may be falsely representing a very reputable company... if enough people start reading these threads, it may stop being common knowledge... and people may not just simply take another's word for it being truth... i had the quotes earlier from infiniti's websites, dealer websites, and even jdm aftermarket websites who sold both kits (factory aero, and nismo).

i'm just trying to infect this crowd with knowledge.

anyway, kegels - the ed front i have did not fit as perfectly as i'd hoped... there were a issues, that you can't really tell (body shop did a good job), but the back of the ed kit had a lot of fiberglass, and every picture i've seen (on their website even) looked a little wavy to me... that's why i went with the stillen sides and rear, fitment was a little better, but the urethane was a little more forgiving...

Old 01-17-2006, 12:40 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
if they are not the same, then good lord do they look alike

here is the infiniti aero body kit:
http://infinitipa.zoovy.com/product/4PICEAERO

and here is the nismo front bumper:
http://performancenissanparts.com/ca...oducts_id=2096

Old 01-17-2006, 12:47 AM
that's exactly what i'm talking about... what about this is jdm? or is just a marketing deal (based off of poeple's common misconception to use a more widely recognized company than 'factory') to sell more parts, and generate more interest... don't you think that nissan, if anyone, would have done this already?

how many 'nismo jdm' oil caps do you see on ebay?

Old 01-17-2006, 12:50 AM
escobar - thank you for actually proving my point (although i don't believe that was your intention).

everythingg35 is a factory authorized dealer (aren't they an actual infiniti dealer - infiniti of scottsdale?) and lists it like every other infiniti dealer - the same way nissan lists it in japan... factory aero kit.

but the aftermarket parts dealer automatically generates hype over the incorrect knowledge that he/she learns over here in these forums. i doubt when they receive that bumper from whatever source they get it from, nismo is anywhere on the box.

Old 01-17-2006, 12:51 AM
lol, yeah i guess since us w/ the coupes call it a nismo front bumper cause infiniti doesnt make one for us. for the sedans its not exactly jdm cause ur jdm bumper is the same as the usdm bumper

Old 01-17-2006, 12:53 AM
actually my comments were more for BigSash, but its all good

Old 01-17-2006, 12:59 AM

if your front bumper doesn't look like this, it's not nismo...

i didn't honestly think i'd be disagreeing with a coupe owner about this... three clearly different setups... stock, factory aero (or the coupes get this in their sport package now) and nismo.

Old 01-17-2006, 01:05 AM
all infiniti makes for the G is the front lip, they dont make a bumper like nismo does.

the front lip, which i have on my g now. comes as part of the aero kit.

Old 01-17-2006, 02:05 AM
stock

sport package (which included, for the earlier years, a unique front fascia and splash guards)

escobar - you've got quite a nice ride

and nismo

but now there is a new configuration for the sport package that includes side sills for the 06's... i haven't seen any 06 coupes with these yet... although i'm not looking too hard. even though the factory now includes these side sills as an option, they are still, to my knowledge, not nismo parts. if you know otherwise, please share...

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: ED Side and Rear Body Kit