Rate Thread

Old 04-24-2006, 01:59 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I pulled the trigger.

Liq Plat Euro (w/ LED's )
touch up paint pen
Z tube
$421.10 shipped ground

Note: They only have one additional Liq Plat in stock. Not sure on the other colors.

Old 04-25-2006, 11:48 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi, shred!

Funny you should resurrect this now. I went to have my Euro spoiler installed today, all prepared to log on and post pics of the handiwork. But I can't, because I'm still spoiler-less. Unfortunately, the installer didn't want to put it on because of the painted-over dent on top of the spoiler. He also pointed out several swirls and scratches that shouldn't be there. I guess I was so preoccupied with the LED display, I didn't even notice.

I just wrote to Alan and Co. about an exchange. I wasn't thrilled to read your prior post about the spoiler manufacturer being out of business, so I hope they'll still have a replacement for me. Thanks for posting what you found out. Your timing was perfect!

Hoping your spoiler arrives in better shape than mine. And that you'll post pics so I can see what I'm (temporarily?) missing.

Old 04-26-2006, 08:13 AM
Toni, you're freaking me out.

Sucks that yours was shipped w/ damage. Did Grubbs take care of you, or have you yet to speak w/ them?

I hope it works out....for both of us.

Old 04-26-2006, 08:35 AM
Received 36 Likes on 33 Posts
I certainly hope it works out for you guys. That spoiler is one of my favourites, and I came close to getting it also, but decided to wait till I can see the 07 sedans this fall.
Good luck and keep us informed.

Old 04-26-2006, 09:36 AM
spoiler

Originally Posted by vodkarocket
IIRC, that is the OEM Lexus IS300 spoiler.

Edit: I own an IS300 as well- just went down to the garage with my laptop, and sure enough, same spoiler. The only difference is the lights on the spoiler on the IS are clear, not red.

Pretty much,

I installed the IS300 spoiler a year ago for 1/2 the price. Came in prepainted to G35 color. Just have to bend it a little bit. Check out my DIY page here:

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/807724/2

Just a marketing gimic to call it Eurostyle spoiler & charge more money. LOL.

Last edited by ma_sha1; 04-26-2006 at 09:39 AM. Reason: a
Old 04-26-2006, 11:56 AM
Yours looks nice, but I'd rather not mess w/ forming it to my trunk. I'm already sweating drilling holes.

I'm not really enamored by "euro spoiler" so they can charge more. I think it's just describing the style.

I think if you did not buy that off ebay, the price would have been the same.

Old 04-26-2006, 01:01 PM
Modded Member
Originally Posted by ma_sha1
Pretty much,

I installed the IS300 spoiler a year ago for 1/2 the price. Came in prepainted to G35 color. Just have to bend it a little bit. Check out my DIY page here:

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/807724/2

Just a marketing gimic to call it Eurostyle spoiler & charge more money. LOL.
Finally, it only took 6 pages for somebody to realize this...

Old 04-26-2006, 06:12 PM
* update *

Just received it. UPS ground. Ordered Monday. Arrived today.

No mounting hardware b/c it's now an adhesive application. I would not have to drill if it did not have the LED's.

Perfect condition. Thank god!

On the Liq Plat, the clear LED's do not look bad at all!

Old 04-26-2006, 06:16 PM
Received 36 Likes on 33 Posts
good stuff shredx. Post some pics after the install.

Old 04-26-2006, 11:04 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by shredX
Update as promised.

I s/w Allen at Grubbs. The company that makes the Euro spoiler has gone out of business. No spoilers w/o the LEDs are available.
He still has some traditional in stock. I believe I'm still going this route...
Andy, okay I did some checking here, and something doesn't make sense, these are instructions for mounting the EuroSpolier from Grubbs, I found at 6MT, shows the box, and lists the contents, and the box reads "DAR" EuroInstall And, DAR still has a website up and running, showing their products, Spoiler This makes me wonder if Grubbs is on the level with some of their stuff, from this website, sure looks like they are still in business, is this the name on the package you received?

Old 04-26-2006, 11:34 PM
Originally Posted by shredX
* update *

Just received it. UPS ground. Ordered Monday. Arrived today.

No mounting hardware b/c it's now an adhesive application. I would not have to drill if it did not have the LED's.

Perfect condition. Thank god!

On the Liq Plat, the clear LED's do not look bad at all!
Hi, shred!

So glad to hear everything went so well! I didn't mean to freak you out, I swear. LOL! I haven't talked to Alan yet, no response to my email and I didn't have time to call from work today. I did discover a return shipping label from them in my desk drawer, though! They must have sent it at the same time they sent the return label for the mats. Guess they're getting it back whether they want it or not.

I received mounting hardware with my spoiler, strange yours is adhesive. In any case, I can't wait to see how it turns out! Please post pics when you're ready.

Old 04-26-2006, 11:40 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by G354Toni
Hi, shred!

So glad to hear everything went so well! I didn't mean to freak you out, I swear. LOL! I haven't talked to Alan yet, no response to my email and I didn't have time to call from work today. I did discover a return shipping label from them in my desk drawer, though! They must have sent it at the same time they sent the return label for the mats. Guess they're getting it back whether they want it or not.

I received mounting hardware with my spoiler, strange yours is adhesive. In any case, I can't wait to see how it turns out! Please post pics when you're ready.
Was the box on yours labeled DAR? LOL, they haven't scored to high with you thus far, have they?

Last edited by ABQ_G35; 04-26-2006 at 11:43 PM.
Old 04-27-2006, 02:04 AM
Originally Posted by ABQ_G35
Was the box on yours labeled DAR? LOL, they haven't scored to high with you thus far, have they?
Hi, ABQ!

I didn't notice that. IIRC, it was a non-descript cardboard box with only the UPS label and Grubbs' information. I stupidly threw it away after ordering the overlay from Blue_Batmobile, thinking we were going to keep it after all.

Thanks for the link. I grabbed it, just in case Grubbs doesn't have what I want to exchange for. That adhesive assembly thing kinda scares me!

Old 04-27-2006, 07:47 AM
Toni/Tom

Mine was from DAR. It was a nondescript box as well. It included what appears to be "New no-drilling instructions from DAR". So what the hell was I supposed to do w/ the LED, tape it across my decklid into the trunk?

Anyway. I think Allen may have been referring to his distributor or maybe there's a dif manuf for the spoiler w/o LED. I'm not sure. I'm just speculating. Either way, I think dealer parts guys are similar to guys who sold us our cars.

It's on & looks great. Install was fairly simple, but w/ no mounting guides I had to eyeball the hole for the LED wire. (If I could have bought the one w/o LED's, the install would have been litteraly 5 min) There was already a wire run to the decklid for the LED's. That made a clean install very quick. I forgot electrical tape, so the decklid interior trim is not back on yet...

pics later today

Last edited by shredX; 04-27-2006 at 07:49 AM.
Old 04-28-2006, 10:48 PM
Hey, shred!

Where are the pics already?? : stomps foot : You said yesterday and now it's tomorrow. LOL!! I really wanna see it, can't you tell?

And I want to be sure I understand this. Your spoiler is adhered to your trunk with tape, but you drilled a hole just for the LED wire? If so, is that as secure as mounting the spoiler through additional holes in the trunk? I want to be sure that baby sticks on. My trunk doesn't pop all the way open on its own, nor does it close easily. I'm such a klutz, I can just imagine pulling the spoiler right off! LOL!!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 03-06 G35 SEDAN EURO SPOILER From Grubbs