G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Sedan
View Poll Results: Nissan or Infiniti Emblems?
Do It!!!
20.54%
NO!!!!
47.32%
I could care less...
32.14%
Voters: 112. You may not vote on this poll

Nissan or Infiniti Emblem???

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-09-2006, 07:35 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I guess an Acura is just another honda, a Lexus is just another toyota...please do explain how an Infiniti, Acura or Lexus isnt a luxury car? Is it the lack of features and higher price tag?

Old 04-09-2006, 07:47 AM
Originally Posted by Nickk6
This is my 4th Nissan. Believe me, it is just like driving a Maxima... and whats wrong with a Maxima?
If you owned an I35 then it would be just like driving a Maxima. I wouldn't buy a FWD car ever again

Old 04-09-2006, 02:28 PM
English dude, English
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by (>")> G35
We all know what it is and where it came from. It has a certain name there and another here. If here was there, then there wouldn't be much a problem calling it what it's called over there here...

Geez get over, it's a Skyline in Japan, but it's NOT a Skyline in the eyes of Nissan and Infiniti North America ...
So, if I bought the car over in Japan and then brought it over here, I would have to call it an Infiniti G35?

What's the difference between the 2 cars? Huh? Right hand drive vs. Left hand drive? and badging? Right? ITS STILL THE SAME FREAKING CAR MADE IN THE SAME FREAKING PLANT that the Skyline is made right? They brought it to the U.S. but they had to make it left hand drive because of the driving laws in America. Like someone else stated, is it not stamped Nissan all over our cars? So, is it truly an Infiniti? or is it a Nissan that has been incorrectly badged an Infiniti? If it REALLY was an Infiniti, then all the parts would be stamped out with little Infiniti marks instead of Nissan marks.

You go ahead and believe what you want, believe that you got a more luxiorious car than what the Skyline is. Believe that because you paid more for the Infiniti name that it is an Infiniti.

What about RUF? Isn't that still a Porsche. Isn't it true that the RUF family buys Porsche and "RENAMES" them a RUF. In reality, who the hell made the car? Porsche? If RUF "RENAMES or REBADGES" those cars, is that like Infiniti? So would the car buyer be in the wrong or be stupid if he put the "Porsche" emblems back on his car? or is it now a "RUF" for time indefinite?

Go ahead and deny it.

Old 04-09-2006, 02:31 PM
English dude, English
I guess an Acura is just another honda, a Lexus is just another toyota...please do explain how an Infiniti, Acura or Lexus isnt a luxury car? Is it the lack of features and higher price tag?

So what if they are luxury cars. In Japan they are still luxury cars, just badged for what they really are... Honda, Toyota, Nissan.

Old 04-09-2006, 03:02 PM
Originally Posted by Skyline_G35
So, if I bought the car over in Japan and then brought it over here, I would have to call it an Infiniti G35?

What's the difference between the 2 cars? Huh? Right hand drive vs. Left hand drive? and badging? Right? ITS STILL THE SAME FREAKING CAR MADE IN THE SAME FREAKING PLANT that the Skyline is made right? They brought it to the U.S. but they had to make it left hand drive because of the driving laws in America. Like someone else stated, is it not stamped Nissan all over our cars? So, is it truly an Infiniti? or is it a Nissan that has been incorrectly badged an Infiniti? If it REALLY was an Infiniti, then all the parts would be stamped out with little Infiniti marks instead of Nissan marks.

You go ahead and believe what you want, believe that you got a more luxiorious car than what the Skyline is. Believe that because you paid more for the Infiniti name that it is an Infiniti.

What about RUF? Isn't that still a Porsche. Isn't it true that the RUF family buys Porsche and "RENAMES" them a RUF. In reality, who the hell made the car? Porsche? If RUF "RENAMES or REBADGES" those cars, is that like Infiniti? So would the car buyer be in the wrong or be stupid if he put the "Porsche" emblems back on his car? or is it now a "RUF" for time indefinite?

Go ahead and deny it.
'roid rage?

Old 04-09-2006, 03:43 PM
Originally Posted by Skyline_G35

Go ahead and deny it.

If you brought the skyline over to here, then it would be called a Skyline simple because it was built to skyline specifications. Whether it be RHD or LHD or even down to the nuts and bolts. The specifications for a Skyline call for LHD and Skyline badging. The G35 specs called for RHD and G35 badges, now if the G35 specs called for RHD and Skyline badging, then there is not doubt in my mind it should be called a Skyline. No one has denied the car as a nissan nor has anyone aurged it was a better car except you and hybrid.

As for the RUF Porsche thing, who does the rebadging? Is it the buyer that change the Porsche to RUF or is it RUF that sells the Porsche under their name? It's the same thing with Nissan and Infiniti, even though they are the same company. And agian as you heard from my above arugements, RUF calls for their badging before it hits the market.

Old 04-09-2006, 04:43 PM
English dude, English
Originally Posted by BigSash
'roid rage?
lol. bad morning yes.

Old 04-09-2006, 07:22 PM
Originally Posted by Hyde
excactly
Infiniti is just a marketing gimmick that u all fall for. u are the ricer that think just becuz nissan motors put an Infiniti badge on the car, u guys think its some prestiege item. just face the fact that they are all nissan, putting a badge doesnt make it NOT a product from Nissan Motors. get a BMW or benz or Bentley for luxcury.
Sorry, I have to disagree.
I know that Honda Motors does make nicer cars, called acura. I know Toyota does make nicer cars, called Lexus. Just like i know nissan makes nicer cars, called infiniti.

Owning a nicer item(even if made by the same people) does have prestiege.
There are different levels or perstiege and quality made by the same company all the time. Cigars, Cars, the lists are endless.

I know i didnt fall for a gimmick, i.e. an M35 is defenitly more prestigious then a maxima, etc.

Old 04-09-2006, 07:30 PM
Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
Dont do it...I hate having to explain to people when they tell me they saw a car like mine but it said "Skyline 350 GT"...it gets old and tiring so, especially living in so cali, so STOP IT!....
Dude i hate that crap too. So many people tell me that they saw a Skyline yatti yatii. And i have to explain them that it is the same freakin car.

Old 04-09-2006, 07:43 PM
This is like deja vu here........

Old 04-09-2006, 09:22 PM
What do you care what others think? It`s your car, and the only one you have to please is..Ta Daa! yourself!
I think it devalues the Infiniti name, and I won`t do it to my car, but I would not presume to tell you what to do to your car.

Old 04-10-2006, 12:40 PM
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Leave the infiniti logo and make it an Infiniti Skyline. That's a much better name than G35.

Old 04-10-2006, 04:00 PM
hey dude at the end of the day it's your car and you can do what you want....To me both ways our cars look cool....

I personally would only change my emblems to Nissan if I could change everything is Nissan especially the seats, steering wheel and even the valve cover.....(smile)...Good luck with your car!!!!

jdm4eva

Old 04-12-2006, 04:06 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
a trade for the 5-series is an option.