Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-12-2006, 11:25 AM
Staff ALUMNI (retired)
Received 47 Likes on 39 Posts
Exclamation 2007 news flash

More info (from Nissan/Infiniti)...

At a Glance: 2007 Infiniti G35 Sedan

The all-new 2007 Infiniti G Sedan, which goes on sale in November 2006, is the second generation of Infiniti’s groundbreaking sport sedan. First introduced in 2002 as an alternative to the existing “machine-like” vehicles in class, everything about the new 2007 G is designed to create a more powerful driving sensation – from its rewarding performance and the sophisticated exterior, to the finely crafted interior and intuitive technology.

The new G’s exterior continues the original vibrant design theme with seductive, athletic styling that is clean, simple yet very distinctive. Key design elements include the sculpted grille blades, iconic headlights and taillights and the new, crisp character line that emphasizes the G’s aggressive rear-wheel drive appearance.

Inside, the all-new interior design is refined, inviting and offers a new level of modern warmth and hospitality. The G interior also offers unique features such as the white-and-violet Fine Vision gauge illumination and high-touch, textured aluminum-alloy trim with "Washi" (traditional Japanese handmade paper) patterning.

Available advanced technologies include RearView Monitor, a touch screen navigation system with available real-time traffic and the audiophile-quality Infiniti Studio on Wheels™ by Bose®, combining the industry’s first 3-way front door speaker array using 10-inch woofers with an audiophile quality head unit incorporating a 24-bit Burr Brown® Digital Audio Converter.

The heart of the G35 remains its advanced engine, platform and drivetrain, anchored by the “next generation” of the award-winning VQ-series 3.5-liter DOHC V6, now rated at an estimated 300-plus horsepower*. The standard V6 is mated to a choice of a 5-speed automatic transmission with manual shift mode and Downshift Rev Matching or close-ratio 6-speed manual transmission. Steering wheel-mounted solid magnesium paddle shifters are standard on the G35 Sport A/T model.

The G’s second generation FM (Front Mid-ship) platform features a 4-wheel independent suspension with lightweight aluminum components and improved body stiffness. The 2007 G35 is also offered with Infiniti “intelligent” all-wheel drive system.

Highlights of the 2007 Infiniti G35 Sedan include:

Body

Advanced Front Mid-ship (FM) platform (second generation)
An evolution of the original G35 design with a long, wave-like hood, pushed-back A-pillars and aggressive stance
Enhanced sense of dynamic surface tension and polished craftsmanship
Double-arch grille with sculpted grille blades, High Intensity Discharge (HID) bi-xenon headlights, integrated fog lights, L-shaped LED taillights
Unique front fascia and side sills on Sport models
Available Adaptive Front lighting System (AFS)
Available rear spoiler on Sport models
Lightweight aluminum hood, available heated outside mirrors
Available sliding glass sunroof with tilt and one-touch open/close feature
Eight available exterior colors, including four new colors
Engine and Driveline

New fourth generation VQ-series 24-valve 3.5-liter DOHC V6 producing an estimated 300-plus horsepower
New ram air dual intake, equal length exhaust manifold and dual exhaust system with laser-welded rear mufflers
Higher compression ratio (10.6: 1 versus previous 10.3:1), higher redline (7,500 rpm versus previous 6,600 rpm), new eCVTCS (electromagnetic variable exhaust cam timing), twin knock sensors, improved cooling and stiffer engine block structure
Refined electronically controlled 5-speed automatic transmission with Downshift Rev Matching and DS mode and ASC (Adaptive Shift Control), or close-ratio 6-speed manual transmission
Rear-wheel drive
Magnesium paddle shifters on Sport A/T model
Standard rear viscous limited-slip differential with Sport models (5AT and 6MT)
Front engine/rear-wheel drive or ATTESA E-TS™ all-wheel drive (G35x AWD model)
Suspension, Steering and Braking

Redesigned 4-wheel independent multi-link suspension with extensive use of lightweight aluminum components, front and rear stabilizer bars
Available sport-tuned suspension (Sport models)
New power-assisted vehicle-speed-sensitive rack-and-pinion steering
4-wheel power-assisted vented disc brakes, 4-wheel Anti-lock Braking System (ABS), Electronic Brake force Distribution (EBD) and Brake Assist (BA)
17-inch aluminum-alloy wheels with P225/55R17 V-rated tires
Available 18-inch aluminum-alloy wheels with 225/50R18 front and 245/45R18 rear tires (standard on Sport models)
Standard Vehicle Dynamic Control (VDC)
Standard Tire Pressure Monitor System (TPMS)
Interior Features

Driver-oriented interior styling with fine craftsmanship and modern warmth
Standard leather-appointed seating, available in Beige (except Sport models), Black or Gray
Unique "Washi"–pattern (traditional Japanese paper) aluminum-alloy trim on center console, instrument panel and doors
Standard 8-way power adjustable driver’s seat and 4-way power adjustable front passenger’s seat
Hand-stitched leather-wrapped steering wheel with steering wheel mounted audio and cruise control switches
Fine Vision gauges with white and violet illumination
Available wood trim on center console, instrument panel and doors
Standard Infiniti Intelligent Key with Push Button Ignition
Available Infiniti Studio on Wheels by Bose, combining the industry’s first 3-way front door speaker array using 10-inch woofers with an audiophile quality head unit incorporating a 24-bit Burr Brown® Digital Audio Converter
Standard audio system featuring in-dash CD changer with mp3 playback capability and 6 speakers
Leather-appointed and aluminum shifter lever
Available Infiniti Navigation System with available XM® NavTraffic™ real-time traffic information
Available Bluetooth® Hands-Free Phone System
Available RearView Monitor
Available sport-styled front seats with thigh extensions and power torso and thigh bolsters
Available sport-styled steering wheel and aluminum pedals
Available satellite radio with choice of XM® or Sirius™ providers
Infiniti signature analog clock
Digital automatic temperature control with standard micro filtration and rear heater vents, available dual HVAC control with available rear vents
Available Intelligent Cruise Control (ICC)
Safety and Security

Standard Advanced Air Bag System with dual-stage front supplemental air bags with seat belt sensors and occupant classification sensor
Standard front-seat and front and rear curtain side-impact supplemental air bags
3-point ALR/ELR seat belts (driver’s seat ELR only)
Front seat belt adjustable upper anchors with pretensioners and load limiters
Front seat Active Head Restraints
Zone Body construction with energy-dispersing side structure
Engine mount breakaway design with breakaway driveshaft
Retracting brake pedal to help reduce lower leg injuries in severe crash
LATCH (Lower Anchors and Tether for CHildren) child seat anchorage system
Models and Manufacturing

Available in five models: G35, G35 Journey, G35x AWD, G35 Sport and G35 Sport 6MT
Assembled by Nissan Motor Co., Ltd. In Tochigi, Japan
###

* All horsepower ratings are per SAE J1349 (AUG 2004)

Last edited by InTgr8r; 04-12-2006 at 11:28 AM.
Old 04-12-2006, 11:43 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i'm disappointed that nissan still uses 5AT....

Old 04-12-2006, 11:54 AM
7,500 redline - WOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOO

Old 04-12-2006, 12:03 PM
Well now I guess I have to look into getting out of my 05 lease so that I can swap it for an 07. I really want to know if you can get the keyless system with the manual transmission. That was the sole reason why I went with an automatic in the 05. If the 07 6 speed has keyless then I will probably have to swap my 05 out even if I take a beating on breaking the lease.

Old 04-12-2006, 12:08 PM
That's a significant number of improvements (in addition to the body style change and add'l power). Looks like they really are taking the IS350 serious.

Big question now is pricing......

Old 04-12-2006, 12:12 PM
Wow very nice --- when I bought my '05 G35x I almost bought the TL instead. With the features this new model has, it would have been less of a no-brainer.

Old 04-12-2006, 12:17 PM
N50
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by DP03
That's a significant number of improvements (in addition to the body style change and add'l power). Looks like they really are taking the IS350 serious.

Big question now is pricing......
Touch screen navi, 325 hp est., modified FM platform, sleek, muscular styling, upgraded interior...

I can see sales managers smiling already.

Old 04-12-2006, 01:17 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Still several years before I can consider it, minus something like an accident requiring a new vehicle sooner.

Unfortunately, speculation on pricing is that, for the car I would want, probably means a purchase price of over $40,000.

Touch screen sounds like it would settle one of my 2 issues with my current navi. Some of the other features either sounds nice, or I don't care.

Unfortunately, due to the long cycle in upgrading cars, companies like Nissan still feel like they have to bump up the horsepower in cars to keep up with the competition rather than working on noticably increasing gas mileage without hurting power.

In this case, it is almost like hybrids are actually hurting the cause. Companies seem to think that providing hybrids make up for overall no progress in other cars.

Old 04-12-2006, 02:06 PM
loaded 06's are 40K. I guarantee loaded 07's will be well into the 40's.

Old 04-12-2006, 02:19 PM
loaded 06 sedans are 40K? really? personally while i like all the interior changes, i'm going to wait until after the hype dies down and all the price gouging has stopped.

Old 04-12-2006, 02:30 PM
So Nissan is still refusing to actually make horsepower figures rated at the new SAE J2723 standards like Toyota/Lexus and Honda/Acura has?

Old 04-12-2006, 02:35 PM
Florida G35 Club, General Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Great info

Old 04-12-2006, 02:36 PM
God help them if they didn't put in an aux input!!! Also, what is this "new" Bose system all about?

Old 04-12-2006, 02:36 PM
Originally Posted by Loe G35
So Nissan is still refusing to actually make horsepower figures rated at the new SAE J2723 standards like Toyota/Lexus and Honda/Acura has?
What are you talking about? Go to www.nissannews.com and check the specs for the M35/45 and FX35/45. The HP has already been adjusted to reflect the new SAE ratings. 280HP in both old and new systems (unlike Lexus and Acura )

Old 04-12-2006, 03:21 PM
Originally Posted by mk3gtr
What are you talking about? Go to www.nissannews.com and check the specs for the M35/45 and FX35/45. The HP has already been adjusted to reflect the new SAE ratings. 280HP in both old and new systems (unlike Lexus and Acura )
According to that website, the estimated HP ratings of 300+ is still under SAE J1349 and not the new J2723.

Last edited by Loe G35; 04-12-2006 at 03:33 PM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 2007 news flash