G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Sedan

engine/tranny questions.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-18-2006, 02:29 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
engine/tranny questions.

I noticed my car at around 60-70km/hour there is a kick, when it switchs gears... I doesnt always happen, only sometimes when I drive calm, and slow 60-80km. in order for dealership to do something, I must be able to show them, and I can;t always make the car kick.

Engine runs smooth but after 20-60sec it sorta backfires, atleast i think so, you feel abit of a shake, and you hear the engine making abit of adifferent sound...

Any ideas?

Old 04-19-2006, 12:43 AM
Unhappy Ditto

I've noticed the exact same thing on my 2003.5 automatic sedan. I can't get it to replicate for the dealership either, but it appears to happen much more often nowadays. Just as you said, it feels like its almost backfiring/misfiring or someithing. I bought my sedan brand new and from day one, I've been a bit disappointed at how hard my engine shifts and how I've been in passing situations on the highway where I slam the gas I get NOTHING but revving from the engine. I have to back off the gas and hit the gas again so the engine can "find" a gear. WHAT the hell??? I've owned 5 cars in the past including a Maxima and several Toyotas. I've never had a vehicle that I love to hate as much as my G. I am such a fan of these cars, but disappointed in mine.

Anyone know how to fix my engine/tranny problem? Or can anyone tell me how to explain it to a service mechanic without sounding like an idiot?

Old 04-19-2006, 12:50 AM
Yes... I totally agree. I am bring in my cat on may 3rd... i have to explain this lol

Old 04-19-2006, 03:03 AM
WOW!!! Finally somebody that has the same problem!!! I told my dealer the same story. They supposedly had a ECU program upgrade for the tranny and that didnt do squat. I think I should just go to Technosquare and flash my ecu and see if that my do something

Old 04-20-2006, 06:31 PM
Guys anyone else... still cant explain this!

Old 04-20-2006, 07:45 PM
like your car does a small jolt during low % of throttle while slowly slowly gaining speed? If it is i had similar problem with my 04 5AT coupe... it happened between 40 and 50 mph on low % of throttle while slowly slowly increasing speed... once i got my grounding kit... it went away

Old 04-20-2006, 08:49 PM
Originally Posted by DaVeeD
like your car does a small jolt during low % of throttle while slowly slowly gaining speed? If it is i had similar problem with my 04 5AT coupe... it happened between 40 and 50 mph on low % of throttle while slowly slowly increasing speed... once i got my grounding kit... it went away

sounds about right! today i will experiment!

Trending Topics

Old 04-20-2006, 10:23 PM
Same here!! Last time I took it to the dealer, they said that Infiniti knows about this and it has nothing to do with the engine. I believe if you do a search there are more topics about this!!

Old 04-21-2006, 12:06 AM
Originally Posted by cea020
Same here!! Last time I took it to the dealer, they said that Infiniti knows about this and it has nothing to do with the engine. I believe if you do a search there are more topics about this!!

what did you tell them??? how did you explain about tranny??

Or are you talking about the engine kinda backfiring? or is it all together? lol

Old 04-21-2006, 08:54 AM
Received 72 Likes on 51 Posts
Originally Posted by DaVeeD
That's the torque converter locking up.

Old 04-21-2006, 08:59 AM
Received 72 Likes on 51 Posts
Originally Posted by Frndlychat
...... I've been a bit disappointed at how hard my engine shifts and how I've been in passing situations on the highway where I slam the gas I get NOTHING but revving from the engine. I have to back off the gas and hit the gas again so the engine can "find" a gear. WHAT the hell???
When you slam the gas and the revs jump, how long are you staying the gas? On a full throttle downshift (WOT), the rpms will jump up before the tranmission fully executes the downshift. This tranny is designed this way to reduce wear under heavy load. If you go WOT and then release the gas quickly, it is quite possible to get the rpms to jump up, but get no acceleration.

Old 04-21-2006, 09:00 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I noticed when I back out of garage in the morning than than put it in drive and start moving I hear a sound from the transmission like a sping releasing. It doesn't happen all the time either. anyone know what this could be.

Old 04-21-2006, 10:32 AM
Originally Posted by DaveB
That's the torque converter locking up.

okay, any way to really prove that to dealer?

Old 04-21-2006, 11:22 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I found that my anti-lock brakes are making the noise I experienced, so I will have the dealership look at them when I bring it in for an oil change next month.

Old 04-21-2006, 10:38 PM
JimmyKCE1: That sounds like the normal ABS self-test. Don`t believe it is a problem. Been covered here time after time after...

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: engine/tranny questions.