G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Sedan

went in for a TSB and came out with a headache and no dome lights

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-07-2006, 05:43 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy went in for a TSB and came out with a headache and no dome lights

so i brought my 03 sedan in two weeks ago to competition infiniti of smithtown, ny, to have the sunroof headliner tsb done (for the second time, mind you)...

headliner seemed ok when i picked it up.
in a week it came un-done again, and the headliner's sagging, but i didn't have the motivation to bring it back, as i really haven't had a pleasant experience with the service reps i've met there

so i forgot all this...

but then two days ago, i'm driving around at night, and my buddy needed to read me some directions, so he hits the dome light and nothing happens. i hit the dome light. nothing happens. i rock the switch and hit the dome lights and nothing happens. the dome lights don't come on when i open the doors either...

i couldn't tell how long the lights were not working as i usually don't turn the dome lights on, nor do i really notice it when i open the door.

so i'm pissed, and figure i will check it out the next day when it's light out, and i do...i run through checking all the fuses (even though it doesn't look like there is a fuse for the dome lights in our '03)...
i disconnect the battery and reconnect it based on some body else's advice thinking something shorted something out (i have a radar tapped into the cig lighter fuse...)

finally, i remember the whole ordeal with the headliner...so i pop open the dome light assembly, and there it is...the techs plugged in the sunroof but forgot to plug in the power connector for the lights.

i'm still pissed but i guess i feel a little better knowing i figured this out (eventually).
so i hope this helps someone if they've had issues with their dome lights.

Old 05-07-2006, 06:02 PM
Florida G35 Club, Premier Member
Location: Universe.Milkyway.Solarsystem.Earth.NorthAmerica.USA.FL.Tampa
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
typical... You should have gone back and called them out about it in the waiting area.

I had a problem with some paid serice that wasn't carried out down here in tampa and i went back the next and had my conversation out in the open and insisted it stayed out in the open. The work was done, would say re-done but I think you actually have to do it first in order to be able ot claim your redoing it, oh plus I had the say redrive the car becasue the tech could not confirm any of my noise concerns.

I should have had them fire his lazt @$$ but I hate seeing or hearing about folks losing thier job. They promissed that he would never work on my car again and they are right... He wont nor will they; know take my G to a dealer that is a Florida G35 Club sponsor.

I think regional clubs and sponsor relationships can do a lot for custoemr satisfaction.