G35 Sedan V36 2007- 08 Discussion about the 2nd Generation G35 Sedan 2007 - 08

Satellite Radio

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-26-2006, 11:31 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
FM radio drives me "nucking futs" playing the same songs three times a day
That's the primary reason why I went to satellite radio. It's a whole new ball game, and I rarely hear the same song twice in one day. Once you take that first step, I'll guarantee you'll never go back!

Old 07-26-2006, 11:39 AM
I regret not getting XM radio in my car but they wanted like $800 so it was a money saving option for me.

Old 07-26-2006, 11:51 AM
Traveling Administrator
Received 175 Likes on 102 Posts
Originally Posted by Mooser
Once you take that first step, I'll guarantee you'll never go back!
I am getting that impression myself.

Old 07-26-2006, 11:52 AM
Traveling Administrator
Originally Posted by JGFox
I regret not getting XM radio in my car but they wanted like $800 so it was a money saving option for me.
Wow, how come so much??

Old 07-26-2006, 01:02 PM
Two thoughts come to mind... a) it was in New Jersey and b) it was a lease and they claim it's not something that could be factored into the cost of the car so it'd have to be added outside the expense of the car.

Old 07-26-2006, 01:22 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by twitch
Do realize though that XM is no longer "commercial free". When I heard commercials on the music stations I nearly hit the roof

All of the stations listed as regional news and talk have commercials. I *believe* this was due to some agreement that had to be fulfilled with clear channel. XM did however add other stations to their lineup to cover the genre of the previous stations and these are commercial free.

I also agree with going the stock option route. Your tuner is installed out of the way, you can mount the antenna on the rear deck lid (inside the car), and as others stated it is all integrated up front.

You will enjoy satellite radio! I know I wouldn't want to do without it anymore.
Yes, but all of the music channels I listen to don't have commercials, promos for their programming, but you even get that on HBO. Shane, I don't use my CD player as much since I got XM. And as far as the antenna, the '06 G and the M, have that little shark fin, that is the car color, that's nice. Oh, and it cost me $500 to get it from the dealer, including install, so it is cheaper to get it factory. (Meaningless Post #4,844)

Last edited by ABQ_G35; 07-26-2006 at 01:25 PM.
Old 07-26-2006, 04:05 PM
they wanted like $800
That's about what I paid to have mine installed by the dealership. My coupe is an early '03, and didn't have the wiring kit that was needed for satellite. Still, I spent the money and believe that it was one of the best things that I have ever done. Also, my favorite music channels are commercial free. Hail XM 41 !!!!

Old 07-29-2006, 05:38 PM
07G
Originally Posted by canuck
Ok, one more question. Is it better to get the factory XM option or to purchase an aftermarket one. It looks like XM is a $350USD option on the 06 models. That sounds like quite a bit considering how much you can get an aftermarket one. Your thoughts?
The new G will have a factory installed XM system with the Navi package in Canada.

Old 07-30-2006, 06:34 PM
Traveling Administrator
I thought of an additional question regarding the factory XM radio. Does it indicate the song/artist when playing? My assumption would be yes....but just checking.

Old 07-30-2006, 09:59 PM
I thought of an additional question regarding the factory XM radio. Does it indicate the song/artist when playing? My assumption would be yes....but just checking.
Yes, and can be set to station name, artist name, song title Shane, I wish it were a crawl display, but this is good, maybe the '07 will change that.

Old 07-30-2006, 10:26 PM
Traveling Administrator
Originally Posted by ABQ_G35
Yes, and can be set to station name, artist name, song title Shane, I wish it were a crawl display, but this is good, maybe the '07 will change that.
Thanks Tom, I am soooooooo looking forward to having XM radio. I have been listening to it online now for the last few days and it has been great. I really loving having NO commercials!!

Old 07-31-2006, 12:17 AM
Thanks Tom, I am soooooooo looking forward to having XM radio. I have been listening to it online now for the last few days and it has been great. I really loving having NO commercials!!
Yeah, it's habit forming for sure, I find myself listening to XM Cafe sometimes, and really enjoy that one most of the time. Your time limit is almost up for the preview, LOL!

Old 07-31-2006, 07:07 AM
Traveling Administrator
Originally Posted by ABQ_G35
Yeah, it's habit forming for sure, I find myself listening to XM Cafe sometimes, and really enjoy that one most of the time. Your time limit is almost up for the preview, LOL!
It already ended.....I had to sign up under another email addy.

Old 09-10-2007, 01:31 AM
Well, I know this is geared towards installing XM radio, but I went with something a little cheaper... I got one of those portable FM Transmitters that have the 12v lighter plug and the headphone jack... and that works just fine for me. and I made one of the 12v lighter plugs for my PC so I can listen to my iTunes Library through the radio that I have in my room... sounds great, and the transmitter only cost me $30 (USD) at RadioShack.

Just a thought if you want to save some money...

I hope I'm not too late, and I'm sorry for bumping... I didn't check the time/date on the last post... oops... >.<

(btw, 1st Post )

Last edited by Reap_sin; 09-10-2007 at 01:33 AM. Reason: I didn't check the timestamp on the last post.
Old 09-10-2007, 08:17 AM
Bad Toro
XM Shane - hands down. My wife has Siruis and I honestly can't make anything out of their programming. It's ordered in a weird way, and selection is sub-par and I encounter too many commercials. Also, if you get XM you can take advantage of XM NAV traffic. Don't know how many active routes are in your area, but for 2 bucks a months why not have it.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Satellite Radio