2007 g35 in Lenox, MA

Old 07-31-2006, 12:33 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2007 g35 in Lenox, MA

http://www.berkshireeagle.com/headlines/ci_4107197

Berkshires sets luxury scene
Car company picks county for debut
By Scott Stafford, Berkshire Eagle Staff

Journalist Scott Oldam of Edmunds.com steps out of a 2007 Infinity G35 at Wheatleigh in Lenox. Infinity chose the location because it fit with their concept of the luxury car. Photos by Ben Garver / Berkshire Eagle Staff

Friday, July 28
LENOX — Driving on Berkshire roads every day may seem like a chore to many residents, but an international car company thought enough of the local roads to use them to launch a new sports car.
Infiniti elected to host automotive magazine journalists from around the United States and Japan to test drive a new model of its sports car — in Lenox — during a two-night stay at a local luxury hotel and between Tanglewood concerts.

Infiniti, the luxury division of Nissan, wanted a location that would compliment the advance launching of the 2007 G35 for the journalists, who have a two- to three-month turnaround timetable before their articles would hit the news stands. The actual vehicle launch will occur in November, but good coverage in the national car magazines is important, so company officials put a lot of thought and effort into finding an environment and setting for the journalists' sneak-peek test drive.

According to Kyle W. Bazemore, senior public relations manager for Infiniti, they visited several locations while scouting for the right locale, and chose Wheatleigh in Lenox to host the 10-day affair.

"Infinity is a modern luxury car, so we wanted to offer modern luxury," said Bazemore. "And the Wheatleigh is a very nice, luxury hotel with a casual atmosphere, and where they like to have fun, which fit perfectly for us."

In years past the company has chosen luxury destinations such as W Hotel in San Francisco and Mondrian Hotel in Los Angeles. Last year a media debut was held at Calistoga Ranch in Napa Valley.

Bazemore said that in the Berkshires there are "plenty of good driving roads to show off the charms of the G35." The 2006 G35 coupe ranges in price from $31,700 to $34,400.

Infiniti has added a new sound system to the car, which they refer to as the "studio on wheels," and they wanted their guests to try out the sound system right after hearing a live concert, so the proximity of Tanglewood also fit their needs well, Bazemore said.

"Tanglewood offered us the opportunity to take our media guests to a concert, then see how that compares with our new sound system," he noted.

As an added bonus, the proximity of Lime Rock Park racetrack, just over the

The interior of the Infinity G35 is described as "warm elegance" by Kyle Bazemore, a public relations officer for Infinity.

border in Lakeville, Conn., allowed the test drivers to really run the new prototypes at high speeds.

The 2007 Infiniti G35 is powered by a 3.5-liter, 306-horsepower V6 engine, and can go from 0 to 60 mph in just over five seconds. The car has been rated at traveling 19 miles per gallon in the city and 26 miles per gallon on the highway.

There were four waves of visitors, a total of 32, Bazemore said. The first group, American journalists, arrived Sunday afternoon. They checked out Tuesday, and the second wave, eight more U.S. journalists, arrived Tuesday evening and left yesterday. Then another eight journalists from Japan came in yesterday afternoon and will leave tomorrow. The last group, eight more Japanese journalists, arrive Monday and will depart on Wednesday.

The American journalists represented magazines such as Car & Driver, Road & Track and Popular Mechanics.

For most of the guests, Bazemore noted, this is their first visit to the Berkshires, and so far, they have been "blown away by the area and by the service at Wheatleigh."

He noted that they choose a different spot for their test drive excursions every year, "and this is our first time here, but I would love to do another event here. Everyone has been so nice, and very helpful."

Marc Wilhelm, general manager of Wheatleigh, said his 19-room establishment has never hosted a car launch before, and he thought it might be interesting. And with what the Berkshires has to offer, the experience would certainly be multidimensional.

"The Wheatleigh offers very simple, wonderful aesthetics, very good food and service, in surroundings that offer visual joy," Wilhelm said. "All that goes very well with the new car they are showcasing."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Scott Stafford can be reached at sstafford@berkshireeagle.com or at (413) 496-6240

Old 07-31-2006, 07:06 AM
Traveling Administrator
Received 175 Likes on 102 Posts
Great find, I really like that Garnet Ember.

On a side note, I really wish these boneheads would learn how to spell Infiniti!!!

Old 07-31-2006, 10:19 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by canuck
Great find, I really like that Garnet Ember.

On a side note, I really wish these boneheads would learn how to spell Infiniti!!!
I agree, that color looks great! What's funny is they do spell Infiniti right in one place and wrong in another in the same article, must be their spell check!

Old 07-31-2006, 10:22 AM
Traveling Administrator
Originally Posted by ABQ_G35
I agree, that color looks great! What's funny is they do spell Infiniti right in one place and wrong in another in the same article, must be their spell check!
Tom, I think the Garnet Ember just edged into first place over Ivory Pearl.

Old 07-31-2006, 01:11 PM
OMG.....I don't know if its the color, or the angle, or just the 07 G35. That thing looks AMAZING!

Garnet Ember is.....real nice. Was hoping it was more of a ....actually after looking once again, it is sexy!

Old 07-31-2006, 01:30 PM
Originally Posted by jmat
The 2007 Infiniti G35 is powered by a 3.5-liter, 306-horsepower V6 engine, and can go from 0 to 60 mph in just over five seconds. The car has been rated at traveling 19 miles per gallon in the city and 26 miles per gallon on the highway.
Is that for the 6MT? If so, 0-60 has improved by about half a second.

19/26 means that mpg hasn't changed at all. Didn't they say that the 2007 G35 is more gas efficient?

Old 07-31-2006, 02:00 PM
Traveling Administrator
Originally Posted by Omarvelous
OMG.....I don't know if its the color, or the angle, or just the 07 G35. That thing looks AMAZING!

Garnet Ember is.....real nice. Was hoping it was more of a ....actually after looking once again, it is sexy!
+1, that pic looks hot. Just by looking at that picture, I think I am sold on Garnet Ember.

Old 07-31-2006, 10:09 PM
Is the 07 suspension lower that's anyone's heard? The picture sure makes it look lower. I agree the color looks nice. I can't get that color though if I trade in next year since I'm in Tallahassee and by law I would be forced to put gold spear-tipped pin stripe on the car.

Old 07-31-2006, 11:24 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by canuck
+1, that pic looks hot. Just by looking at that picture, I think I am sold on Garnet Ember.
LOL, careful Shane, when I first saw pictures of the Lakeshore Slate, I wasn't thrilled with it, but when I saw it in person...................

Old 07-31-2006, 11:40 PM
Received 13 Likes on 4 Posts
Thanks for posting up the link...very cool that they were in MA

Old 08-01-2006, 01:29 AM
those specs are most likely for the 5AT. If so, the 0-60 is pretty impressive, and the MPG rating is better, but not that impressive.

Old 08-01-2006, 02:07 AM
Hey Madchef.....you're from MA right? That state isn't too big....you don't mind sneaking over and hi-jacking one of those cars for us, do you?

Excellent find on this article, btw

Old 08-01-2006, 02:19 AM
Retired SuperMod
Received 101 Likes on 66 Posts
0-60 in ~5.3 - 5.2 secs?

That sounds amazing especially if its an auto.

It seems like Infiniti is really taking the 3 series very seriously indeed.

(335i Twin Turbo = 0-60 in 5.3)

Awsome find by the way

Old 08-01-2006, 02:24 AM
still not feelin the rims.....

Old 08-01-2006, 02:33 AM
CtK
that was more like a review for Lenox, MA than for the 07 G35??

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 2007 g35 in Lenox, MA