G35 Sedan V36 2007- 08 Discussion about the 2nd Generation G35 Sedan 2007 - 08

Order now or order in Q1 07??

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-12-2006, 04:53 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Order now or order in Q1 07??

I want to order the new 07 G35X as my next car, but my current lease only expires at the end of March - ie I still have six payments left ...and I am in no real rush..certainly not enough to eat the cost of those remaining payments ($2000) just for the thrill of getting the G35 early. So I plan to just drop off the old car in March 2007 (no desire to buy it back and attempt to sell privately), and then and step into the new one at that time.

AS WELL, the new car should be cheaper then....if people are getting up to 3% off now, I would think that would remain fairly constant at least until after the launch, possibly dropping to an average of 5% off by year end, say and drop to an average of 6% off by end of Q1. Is that reasonable?? That would save me $1500 ( based on Canadian MSRP pricing on a loaded G35X)..

So "even if" I could get out of my current lease early (ie have someone else buy out the car next month at the going buyout value and thus eliminate my payments), perhaps I should not do that, unlesss I can squeeze an extra $1500 extra from the buyer.

I am assuming I could still order the car I want in say Feb for March/early Apr delivery.

Is my logic correct?

Old 09-12-2006, 05:02 PM
Traveling Administrator
Received 175 Likes on 102 Posts
Sounds like a plan to me. If you are in no rush and your lease expires in March, you may as well wait.

Old 09-12-2006, 05:11 PM
Wait for the 2008 Infiniti G35 Coupe! It's going to be an animal!

Old 09-12-2006, 07:11 PM
I think I'm getting a dose of reality--but I'm positive....

The Infiniti dealer suggested I lease an '06 6MT for a very short term and then move into an '07. haha I've never heard of anything so wasteful! So I understand, the salesperson has nothing he can sell today if I'm interested in a '07.

My experience with BMW salespeople has been altogether different. They seem to be happy to entertain discussion about products they don't have, and stay in touch. Must have to do with compensation. Nobody wants to waste lots of time only to make no sale, of course.

Anyway, I've always looked at leases this way--if I, the lessor, get the lessee to enter into an agreement which is 100% in my favor, i.e. lessee is required to pay taxes, registration, and maintenance, while I maintain title, there's no way I would let them out early, without making full payment on the original agreement. So if I were the lessee, I'd take my lumps, I wouldn't dream of letting someone do that to me again, i.e. early termination into yet another lease. What a vicious cycle!