Heated and 'VENTILATED' front seats?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-26-2006, 02:15 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Oh, thank God!

Old 09-26-2006, 03:02 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
The new BMW has ventilated arm rest compartment, too. I can live without ventilated seats, but I do wish my current car had heated seats.

Old 09-26-2006, 03:14 PM
And, don't forget they still want people to buy the M, so they have to leave some things out to differentiate the two.

Old 09-26-2006, 03:25 PM
Banned
Originally Posted by mikepro
And, don't forget they still want people to buy the M, so they have to leave some things out to differentiate the two.
Does that mean that the Q will have the "happy ending" option...? If that's not a reason to move upscale I'm not sure what is.

Old 09-26-2006, 03:56 PM
To me, cool ventilated seat is MUCH more useful than heated seats. Of course, it largely depending on personal preference and your location.

But heated seats are only good for first few minutes when you get in your car in cold days. Once the heater picks up and your body temperature (assuming we all have warm body) stablizes with the seat surface, any further use of heated seat is not really needed, IMO. That's why many heat seat have automatic timer to turn off by itself after few minutes.

However, cool ventilated seat can be enjoyed throughout your driving in hot sunny summer driving condition and it can actually help save some gas by reducing or even turning off the AC.

I agree with many the Infiniti should have included it to one of its option package.

Just my thought....

Old 09-26-2006, 04:39 PM
I use my heated seats on my drive to play basketball. It warms-up my legs real nice so I don't have to stretch. I use it even in the summer.

Regarding the ventilated seats, that is indeed a nice feature that would be a nice option. I know that's a complaint about the Acura RL which doesn't offer it either.

Old 09-26-2006, 04:42 PM
Originally Posted by mikepro
Every new Lexus L-Finesse model ( GS, ES, IS, LS ) has heated and ventilated front seats and a power rear sunshade available. Rain-sensing intermittent windshield wipers and Intuitive Parking Assist are also available on all of these new L-Finesse models. Lexus is doing just fine differentiating between the GS, ES, IS, and LS.

Old 09-27-2006, 11:46 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by luxman
To me, cool ventilated seat is MUCH more useful than heated seats. Of course, it largely depending on personal preference and your location.

But heated seats are only good for first few minutes when you get in your car in cold days. Once the heater picks up and your body temperature (assuming we all have warm body) stablizes with the seat surface, any further use of heated seat is not really needed, IMO. That's why many heat seat have automatic timer to turn off by itself after few minutes.

However, cool ventilated seat can be enjoyed throughout your driving in hot sunny summer driving condition and it can actually help save some gas by reducing or even turning off the AC.

I agree with many the Infiniti should have included it to one of its option package.

Just my thought....
A heated seat is great if you have back problems though....

Ventilated seats would be a nice option to have.

Old 10-24-2006, 11:33 PM
Jp1
I've sat in a 07 G35 sedan with the prem package and it does not have ventilated or cooled seating. I really wish it did.

Old 10-25-2006, 04:11 AM
Originally Posted by canuck
Oh yeah, I realize you weren't asking for it to be standard. I guess my point is that a fully loaded 07 G offers a ton of features for the price point. Because it offers such a great value, you can't expect it to offer every feature that you can think of.....there has to be a limit to keep the price point down.

As an example. my new 07 has an MSRP of $50,040. A similiar equipped IS350 has an MSRP of $59,800. That is almost a $10k difference!! I am willing to forego the odd feature or two like a sunshade to save $10k.
What makes the CDN price so high? Doing a straight conversion, you're paying about the same as I am for the 335i coupe here in the US. Makes me thankful for the choices we have here. When I used to go to Montreal, I'd notice cars we'd never imagine driving on the roads...with such a high price and also the petrol, it's totally understandable....

Old 10-25-2006, 07:24 AM
Traveling Administrator
Received 175 Likes on 102 Posts
Originally Posted by John105
What makes the CDN price so high? Doing a straight conversion, you're paying about the same as I am for the 335i coupe here in the US. Makes me thankful for the choices we have here. When I used to go to Montreal, I'd notice cars we'd never imagine driving on the roads...with such a high price and also the petrol, it's totally understandable....
To be honest, I am really not sure why CDN automotive prices are so high. They have been ever since I can remember. I know that the reason our gas/alcohol/tobacco products have always substantially higher than the US is due to outrageous taxing. Whether or not that has anything to due to with the automotive prices I am not sure.

Just on a side note, Canada's oldest independant brewery (Moosehead Breweries) is in the city that I live. I can buy Moosehead beer cheaper in California (3400 miles away) than I can in my own city. It just doesn't seem right.

Old 10-25-2006, 08:06 AM
07G
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by John105
You should price the BMW's in Canada!

Old 10-25-2006, 08:13 AM
Received 162 Likes on 132 Posts
Originally Posted by canuck
To be honest, I am really not sure why CDN automotive prices are so high. They have been ever since I can remember. I know that the reason our gas/alcohol/tobacco products have always substantially higher than the US is due to outrageous taxing. Whether or not that has anything to due to with the automotive prices I am not sure.

Just on a side note, Canada's oldest independant brewery (Moosehead Breweries) is in the city that I live. I can buy Moosehead beer cheaper in California (3400 miles away) than I can in my own city. It just doesn't seem right.
Gotta pay for socialized medicine somehow.

Old 10-25-2006, 11:37 AM
Originally Posted by 5150DS
Gotta pay for socialized medicine somehow.
Has nothing to do with that.

http://www.globeinvestor.com/servlet...uto22/GIStory/

Old 10-25-2006, 12:03 PM
Received 162 Likes on 132 Posts
I was being a smart a$$, but was referring to the high taxes canuck was talking aboot.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Heated and 'VENTILATED' front seats?