G35 Sedan V36 2007- 08 Discussion about the 2nd Generation G35 Sedan 2007 - 08

G35 Coupe?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-08-2006, 04:12 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
G35 Coupe?

Any ideas if there is a release date for the coupe? I may be interested in that one. Also, opinions on the BOSE sound system in the new sedan? Is it as good as the Lexus Mark Levinson system?

I drove the IS350 at the Lexus event and let me tell you Inifiniti has their work cut out for them in matching that!

Old 10-08-2006, 09:54 AM
As of the moment, the coupe will be released next summer. The Bose system has received an 8.5 rating from Edmunds.com; they remarked on its lifelike sound but disliked the lack of adjustability(like with all BOSE stereos, you can only adjust bass and treble but not the midrange). It may not match the IS sound system, but one magazine wrote that it's so good that it begs the question:"Why does the IS even exist?"

I also am counting the days/hours/seconds till I see the new coupe and it is driving me crazy.......

Old 10-08-2006, 12:42 PM
Originally Posted by kev374
Any ideas if there is a release date for the coupe? I may be interested in that one. Also, opinions on the BOSE sound system in the new sedan? Is it as good as the Lexus Mark Levinson system?

I drove the IS350 at the Lexus event and let me tell you Inifiniti has their work cut out for them in matching that!
Well I think the IS350 has a very good motor. As for interior, I sat down in one of them and I really don't know why it is so highly rated. No doubt it's very nice but so is the Accord or any other decently built car. The G35 and especially the 07 G35's interiors are very nice too and has character while the IS350 although very nice also but it seems like it looks like just about other cars'.

There are also some initial comparisons between the IS350 and 07 G35 an the IS350 is still more of a cruisng-down-the-boulevard type of car whereas the G35 is meant to be driven. In a way, it's Lexus vs. MB and Infiniti vs. BMW.

Old 10-08-2006, 10:20 PM
I checked out the G35 sedan today at the auto show. Definitely a big improvement over the older G35. The specification said 306hp, that sounds pretty awesome..is the coupe MT going to be more than that?

I wasn't happy at all with the BOSE audio, as usual the bass is very muddy and very weak and there is significant distortion at max bass, I'm surprised BOSE says home theater spec audio, what a bunch of BS! Why can't they upgrade to the Nakamichi or the Mark Levinson. Both are way better.

The wood trim and certain other materials were not up to par with the Lexus. I love the brushed aluminum accents used in the Lexus. These touches are missing in the G35.

Don't get me wrong, it's an incredible car but it has some unbelieveable competition as well.

Would still have to wait for the Coupe to make a final judgement as I really like the current G35 coupe even though the interior is sub par.

Old 10-08-2006, 11:24 PM
I checked out the G35 sedan today at the auto show. Definitely a big improvement over the older G35. The specification said 306hp, that sounds pretty awesome..is the coupe MT going to be more than that?

I wasn't happy at all with the BOSE audio, as usual the bass is very muddy and very weak and there is significant distortion at max bass, I'm surprised BOSE says home theater spec audio, what a bunch of BS! Why can't they upgrade to the Nakamichi or the Mark Levinson. Both are way better.

The wood trim and certain other materials were not up to par with the Lexus. I love the brushed aluminum accents used in the Lexus. These touches are missing in the G35.

Don't get me wrong, it's an incredible car but it has some unbelieveable competition as well.

Would still have to wait for the Coupe to make a final judgement as I really like the current G35 coupe even though the interior is sub par.
I never like BOSE myself either for car or home audio. Bose home audio well ... I have words to describe but not appropriate for this website (I learned my lesson).

Anyway, there is rumor that the new coupe will have either 3.7 or 3.8 that could produce 350 hp. Road and Track article reported that the next generation 350Z will have a 3.8L 350 hp.

Old 10-09-2006, 03:49 AM
Originally Posted by andy2
Anyway, there is rumor that the new coupe will have either 3.7 or 3.8 that could produce 350 hp. Road and Track article reported that the next generation 350Z will have a 3.8L 350 hp.
haha, if what you're saying is true and it has 350hp then that more than makes up for the other items

Old 10-09-2006, 09:04 AM
Staff ALUMNI (retired)
Received 47 Likes on 39 Posts

I have spent some quality seat time in the IS350.

JMO but,it sounds to me like you should go with Lexus.
If you're more into the bells & whistles, cushy interrior & an engine with pull... it's the one.

However if you want a drivers car...... that's a whole different ball game.

Old 10-09-2006, 12:34 PM
Originally Posted by inTgr8r
I have spent some quality seat time in the IS350.

JMO but,it sounds to me like you should go with Lexus.
If you're more into the bells & whistles, cushy interrior & an engine with pull... it's the one.

However if you want a drivers car...... that's a whole different ball game.
If I was into the Lexus IS I would've already bought the car To me the G35 coupe is the one I really like. I would really prefer a Coupe to a Sedan, and I definitely want a stick shift I think the new Infiniti interior rocks, I was just nitpicking on small things, it's no big deal really! As I said the only thing that REALLY disappointed me was the audio system since I listen to a lot of music in the car and wanted a really good stock system.

Plus I currently own a Nissan so it's the logical step up It's too bad I have to wait so long for the coupe but if it's next summer than I possibly should have enough saved up to buy it cash

Old 10-09-2006, 02:10 PM
If I was into the Lexus IS I would've already bought the car To me the G35 coupe is the one I really like. I would really prefer a Coupe to a Sedan, and I definitely want a stick shift I think the new Infiniti interior rocks, I was just nitpicking on small things, it's no big deal really! As I said the only thing that REALLY disappointed me was the audio system since I listen to a lot of music in the car and wanted a really good stock system.

Plus I currently own a Nissan so it's the logical step up It's too bad I have to wait so long for the coupe but if it's next summer than I possibly should have enough saved up to buy it cash
I just bought an 06 g35. Had no idea at the time but if I could do it all over again, I would have waited for the 07. A much advanced car from what I gather from the press.

As for interior, the G35 has characters. While the IS350 and Acura TL have very nice interiors, the G35 has uniqueness that set it apart. The IS350 interior no doubt is very nice but can easily be mistaken for any other luxury cars out there.

Old 10-09-2006, 03:31 PM
Staff ALUMNI (retired)
Received 47 Likes on 39 Posts

I agree, the coupe will definitely rock.

Unfortunately for me it's going to be too late getting here.
I'd love to be able to compare it to the 335.