G35 Sedan V36 2007- 08 Discussion about the 2nd Generation G35 Sedan 2007 - 08

Oakland's Slate Blue G35 -- photos and videos

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-14-2006, 07:13 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Oakland's Slate Blue G35 -- photos and videos

I'll edit this post as I upload the photos and videos...

Pics on Flickr: http://www.flickr.com/photos/66897225@N00/
(I didn't take too many, because you all know what the car looks like already.)

Exhaust Note:
(I wouldn't say the exhaust it's loud, but very deep and rich.)

Intelligent Key:
(If your key fob loses battery, you stick the entire fob into the charge slot on the left. It charges kinetically -- or whatever you call it -- like your electric toothbrush. The hidden key is only to open your door lock.)

Center armrest with RCA (audio/video) input:

Storage Compartments:
(Watch how the glove door doesn't just drop down -- it elegantly slides open.)

Engine Bay & Laser-guided Cruise Control:

Last edited by GoofyG28; 10-14-2006 at 09:23 PM.
Old 10-14-2006, 07:56 PM
Traveling Administrator
Received 175 Likes on 102 Posts
Great pics goofy, thanks for sharing. That exhaust note sounds very good.....me likey!

Old 10-14-2006, 08:08 PM
LH1
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Good exhaust clip. I like that alot.

Old 10-14-2006, 08:15 PM
N50
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
That sounds niiiiiice. I like that better than the current coupe/FX exhaust.

Old 10-14-2006, 09:50 PM
I'm not going to do a write-up, because I think we have some great ones already from fellow members. I do want to add, however, that I was rather disappointed at the stereo quality. I am not a huge audiophile, and I have a cheap aftermarket system in my Mazda6: US Acoustics amp, CDT tweeters/2-ways, and an Infinity Basslink enclosed sub. I blasted the radio AND my 50-Cent CD (that was the first thing I could grab, and I figured it has good bass notes). The bass was muddy and weak. Overall sound (high/mid range), however, was crisp and clear. Still, it's not a major disappointment, and the on-screen controls were quick and simple to navigate.

Old 10-15-2006, 02:35 AM
Some of you talked about how at BMW, you actually see your name on the order of your car before it has arrived. Today, the GM at Oakland asked me for the rest of my info (she only had my e-mail). She entered it into the system of the order of the Lakeshore Slate she ordered for me (as part of the "2nd batch" that arrives in mid Dec at the earliest). Packages are not available in the order until later on, the GM said. Here's the proof:

Oh yeah, and I feel bad for whoever BOUGHT the Slate Blue test drive car (yes, someone must've wanted the sedan desperately!). I drove it hard, and I'm sure I wasn't the only one. And I'll be there are many more test drives to follow.

Old 10-15-2006, 05:52 PM
what does laser cruise controll do

Old 10-15-2006, 05:56 PM
When your cruise control is on, and your car gets closer to another car in front of you, it ensures a safe distance between you and the other car. If that car slows down, you slow down. If that you moves out of the way, your car will resume the originally set speed.

Old 10-15-2006, 06:05 PM
nice post

Old 10-15-2006, 07:55 PM
Originally Posted by GoofyG28
Some of you talked about how at BMW, you actually see your name on the order of your car before it has arrived. Today, the GM at Oakland asked me for the rest of my info (she only had my e-mail). She entered it into the system of the order of the Lakeshore Slate she ordered for me (as part of the "2nd batch" that arrives in mid Dec at the earliest). Packages are not available in the order until later on, the GM said. Here's the proof:

Oh yeah, and I feel bad for whoever BOUGHT the Slate Blue test drive car (yes, someone must've wanted the sedan desperately!). I drove it hard, and I'm sure I wasn't the only one. And I'll be there are many more test drives to follow.
Goofy:

What kind of a deal did you finally get ? Considering the previous salesman's stupid email ??
Did you get a % off MSRP or a straight $$ off or what ??

PM me if you don't feel comfortable posting it.

Old 10-16-2006, 01:16 AM
Question about the intillgent key... does it have to be inserted into that slot the guy in the video puts it in for you to start the car or can you just have it in ur pocket?

Edit: I just saw it says that's to charge the battery in it, my bad!

Old 10-16-2006, 04:43 AM
Originally Posted by max2k1
Goofy:

What kind of a deal did you finally get ? Considering the previous salesman's stupid email ??
Did you get a % off MSRP or a straight $$ off or what ??

PM me if you don't feel comfortable posting it.
Well, the stupid internet manager pissed me off, so I complained to the GM. Ever since then, the GM (had good reviews from other buyers in the fast) have communicated with me directly over e-mail for a while, until I met her finally for my test drive. No deal yet. She said we'll talk about money later, when the car arrives. The priority is earning my interest in the dealership, and ordering the model I want -- no deposit, either. Since my car doesn't arrive until the second batch (mid-to-later Dec, or early Jan), I'm hoping to get some discounts from competing dealerships. Then I can go BACK to the GM and say, "Look, I got these discounts, can you meet or beat them? I'd love to do business with you instead..."

Old 10-16-2006, 04:45 AM
Originally Posted by TakBklyn
Question about the intillgent key... does it have to be inserted into that slot the guy in the video puts it in for you to start the car or can you just have it in ur pocket?

Edit: I just saw it says that's to charge the battery in it, my bad!
To be honest, I don't think it actually charges it, because I'm sure the key fob battery is just your typical flat watch battery (you know, those thin wafer kind). I don't think it's rechargeable. Putting the fob in the slot will help you to start your car even if the battery's dead/depleted.

Old 10-16-2006, 05:40 AM
Sweet

Old 10-16-2006, 11:38 AM
Originally Posted by GoofyG28
Well, the stupid internet manager pissed me off, so I complained to the GM. Ever since then, the GM (had good reviews from other buyers in the fast) have communicated with me directly over e-mail for a while, until I met her finally for my test drive. No deal yet. She said we'll talk about money later, when the car arrives. The priority is earning my interest in the dealership, and ordering the model I want -- no deposit, either. Since my car doesn't arrive until the second batch (mid-to-later Dec, or early Jan), I'm hoping to get some discounts from competing dealerships. Then I can go BACK to the GM and say, "Look, I got these discounts, can you meet or beat them? I'd love to do business with you instead..."
Alright - good luck and keep us posted on the deal you finally get

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Oakland's Slate Blue G35 -- photos and videos