G35 Sedan V36 2007- 08 Discussion about the 2nd Generation G35 Sedan 2007 - 08

My test ride - 2007 g35

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-16-2006, 03:59 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My test ride - 2007 g35

I'm cruising up I-80 in my '03.5 G sdn in N. Cal Friday evening from work and get a call from my dealer saying they just got the new G in. I calmly fight to keep my ride on the road as the adrenaline swell filters through my body - I wasn't expecting this call yet.
I head down to the dealer around 7:30 and pulled up to see a sleek pair of M35 eyes peering down at me through a silver, muscled up g35 body. It looked like the same car/color I flew to NY to see for the autoshow, but this was my first night encounter. I walked up, looked around to make sure no one was watching and began to run my hands along the new fender and character lines, like a blind man reading someone's face through augmented sensory perceptions. In the carports lights, the elements were magnifico! Viewing it from different angles, I was surprised, and dismayed, that the elements weren't coming together quite right for me. Something was missing from this exterior. I couldn't put my finger on it, but I'm looking forward to seeing a g with mud flaps, slightly bigger wheels, maybe lowered a bit, slight tints, maybe even a spoiler. I'll admit I'm not a big fan of stock gs.
Working my way inside, the sales rep came with keys and the inside of the car lit up like it was Christmas. If you like staid, stay away from this car, cause this was anything but! The center stack lights have a nice blue hue around most of the controls and the info display is sweet. The dash board lights are fantastic and almost seductive! Kinda reminds me of my bosses Audi A6. This car was a loaded sport and had every option except a spoiler.
The sales rep takes me around some winding roads and backs up into a side road, I had the opportunity to see how the rear cam works for the first time in my life. Kool stuff and well lit considering it was pitch dark outside. I jump in, exhale, slowly turn to the open road, throw down to first, and slam it. The car catapults forward and I'm pressed back into my seat. As I hit second at about 6000rpms, I can sense the salesman concern that he is in a car with a maniac, but it comes with the job. I recall the road being sandy on the way in, so I take the 90 degree turn fairly cautiously. I finish up the back road with a series of sprints as the g makes short work of the roadway. It wasn't really a good test, but I didn't want to make bad press with an accident. Two miles up the road was the freeway entrance and I powered up the frontage road like my rear was on fire. The road was in poor shape and the g let me know it. It handled it well but the noise was somewhat loud. Pulling over into the incoming lane and better roadway reflected a marked difference in wheel noise. I wheeled onto the freeway and let her rip. The sales rep was trying to say something, but I'm in that conscious state where me and machine attempt to become one, like in my sport bike days. I want to say I'm ripping through the paddle shifters, but to be honest, I forgot! I'm on the auto shift stick shifting near redline. I'm close to an orgasm but the exit comes upon me too quickly and I vear off the freeway. I'm still barreling at about 80 mph as the exit terminates at the light and I bring the car to a nice controlled halt with minimal skidding.
I look over to the sales rep to compliment the car and I begin fiddeling with the control module/interface thingy. He's attempting to clear his throat and reconnect with his vocal cords. Finding the music input screen is simple and pump up the volume to find the studios' range. Very acceptable, I turn it back down figuring I'll get into later. Right now, I still have a few questions under my foot.
We pull off from the light and too soon I'm back at the dealership lot.
Summary - Love the car, but have old and some new questions to solve: How will different trims/packages effect looks and handling (journey vs sport), colors (exterior/interior combos) etc. Can I live with all of that ridiculous wind noise from the mirrors? The biggest question - What will the cost be and is the additional $20k debt worth what I owe on my very fine 2003.5 G sport? to be continued...

Old 10-16-2006, 04:13 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by BAlex
I'm cruising up I-80 in my '03.5 G sdn in N. Cal Friday evening from work and get a call from my dealer saying they just got the new G in. I calmly fight to keep my ride on the road as the adrenaline swell filters through my body - I wasn't expecting this call yet.
I head down to the dealer around 7:30 and pulled up to see a sleek pair of M35 eyes peering down at me through a silver, muscled up g35 body. It looked like the same car/color I flew to NY to see for the autoshow, but this was my first night encounter. I walked up, looked around to make sure no one was watching and began to run my hands along the new fender and character lines, like a blind man reading someone's face through augmented sensory perceptions. In the carports lights, the elements were magnifico! Viewing it from different angles, I was surprised, and dismayed, that the elements weren't coming together quite right for me. Something was missing from this exterior. I couldn't put my finger on it, but I'm looking forward to seeing a g with mud flaps, slightly bigger wheels, maybe lowered a bit, slight tints, maybe even a spoiler. I'll admit I'm not a big fan of stock gs.
Working my way inside, the sales rep came with keys and the inside of the car lit up like it was Christmas. If you like staid, stay away from this car, cause this was anything but! The center stack lights have a nice blue hue around most of the controls and the info display is sweet. The dash board lights are fantastic and almost seductive! Kinda reminds me of my bosses Audi A6. This car was a loaded sport and had every option except a spoiler.
The sales rep takes me around some winding roads and backs up into a side road, I had the opportunity to see how the rear cam works for the first time in my life. Kool stuff and well lit considering it was pitch dark outside. I jump in, exhale, slowly turn to the open road, throw down to first, and slam it. The car catapults forward and I'm pressed back into my seat. As I hit second at about 6000rpms, I can sense the salesman concern that he is in a car with a maniac, but it comes with the job. I recall the road being sandy on the way in, so I take the 90 degree turn fairly cautiously. I finish up the back road with a series of sprints as the g makes short work of the roadway. It wasn't really a good test, but I didn't want to make bad press with an accident. Two miles up the road was the freeway entrance and I powered up the frontage road like my rear was on fire. The road was in poor shape and the g let me know it. It handled it well but the noise was somewhat loud. Pulling over into the incoming lane and better roadway reflected a marked difference in wheel noise. I wheeled onto the freeway and let her rip. The sales rep was trying to say something, but I'm in that conscious state where me and machine attempt to become one, like in my sport bike days. I want to say I'm ripping through the paddle shifters, but to be honest, I forgot! I'm on the auto shift stick shifting near redline. I'm close to an orgasm but the exit comes upon me too quickly and I vear off the freeway. I'm still barreling at about 80 mph as the exit terminates at the light and I bring the car to a nice controlled halt with minimal skidding.
I look over to the sales rep to compliment the car and I begin fiddeling with the control module/interface thingy. He's attempting to clear his throat and reconnect with his vocal cords. Finding the music input screen is simple and pump up the volume to find the studios' range. Very acceptable, I turn it back down figuring I'll get into later. Right now, I still have a few questions under my foot.
We pull off from the light and too soon I'm back at the dealership lot.
Summary - Love the car, but have old and some new questions to solve: How will different trims/packages effect looks and handling (journey vs sport), colors (exterior/interior combos) etc. Can I live with all of that ridiculous wind noise from the mirrors? The biggest question - What will the cost be and is the additional $20k debt worth what I owe on my very fine 2003.5 G sport? to be continued...
You should be a writer, or a poet. Which dealership did you go to? I test drove last Saturday at Infiniti of Oakland, and I think I freaked out the salesrep, too. I didn't drive it hard at all, but nonetheless he was speechless.

Old 10-16-2006, 04:28 PM
Originally Posted by GoofyG28
You should be a writer, or a poet. Which dealership did you go to? I test drove last Saturday at Infiniti of Oakland, and I think I freaked out the salesrep, too. I didn't drive it hard at all, but nonetheless he was speechless.
Maybe it was not you -- it was probably the salesrep's first time riding in the new G
Wait to see him after he drives the thing !!!

Old 10-16-2006, 04:32 PM
The biggest question - What will the cost be and is the additional $20k debt worth what I owe on my very fine 2003.5 G sport? to be continued...
That's exactly what I've been asking myself.

Old 10-16-2006, 04:40 PM
Traveling Administrator
Received 175 Likes on 102 Posts
Entertaining write-up and review!!

Old 10-16-2006, 04:42 PM
so are there an abundant 07 g's on all car dealer lots now? or is it just a select few?

Old 10-16-2006, 04:45 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by max2k1
Maybe it was not you -- it was probably the salesrep's first time riding in the new G
Wait to see him after he drives the thing !!!
Oh yeah! It's true. He grabbed the keys and drove it out of the lot for me, almost like a favor, but he said it was his first time as well, so I think he wanted to try it out himself. He eased it out pretty nicely, which means this car exudes a luxurious, comfy ride when you want it to... But who would?!?!

Old 10-16-2006, 04:46 PM
Staff ALUMNI (retired)
Received 47 Likes on 39 Posts
..............................................- What will the cost be and is the additional $20k debt worth what I owe on my very fine 2003.5 G sport? to be continued...
LOL... I think you need a cold shower

Old 10-16-2006, 04:51 PM
07G
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by jiggafree
so are there an abundant 07 g's on all car dealer lots now? or is it just a select few?
Any Canadian G test drives yet? There must be some on the B.C. lots by now.

Old 10-16-2006, 06:29 PM
Right now, I still have a few questions under my foot.
Nicely put!

Old 10-16-2006, 06:43 PM
Originally Posted by GoofyG28
I drove it at Elk Grove Infiniti in Sacramento. Good group, very friendly, and the service and follow-up is outstanding.

Old 10-16-2006, 07:51 PM
Man, I thought I was reading "Murder she wrote ..."

Old 10-16-2006, 09:17 PM
You said you drove at night, if fully loaded than u got the AFS option. How was it and were you impress with the output at night? was it better or same as the current model and did it look good from the outside?

Old 10-16-2006, 09:21 PM
No one in the Toronto area has the car yet. Most Dealerships are having their unveiling with a wine and cheese event on October 25, 2006 PM. I have two invites already...

Old 10-16-2006, 11:29 PM
Originally Posted by NonAme
You said you drove at night, if fully loaded than u got the AFS option. How was it and were you impress with the output at night? was it better or same as the current model and did it look good from the outside?
I noticed it when the salesman was driving to the exhange point, actually he mentioned it to me while he was driving it. Don't know if it was as good or better than current model, my g does not have the feature. I can say there were no street lights on around the exchange point and the g illuminated the road and turns well.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: My test ride - 2007 g35