5 inches and she's still coming down.
Ouch !!!

Old 10-29-2006, 12:16 PM
Traveling Administrator
Received 175 Likes on 102 Posts
Originally Posted by Jeff Flowerday
5 inches and she's still coming down.
Yikes!

I hate to say it, but better you than me!

Old 10-29-2006, 03:18 PM
Rated M

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
^let's keep our fingers crossed it doesn't find the way east for a while yet.

Old 10-29-2006, 03:30 PM
Traveling Administrator
Originally Posted by RBull
^let's keep our fingers crossed it doesn't find the way east for a while yet.
There's been no signs of it so far Deane. I usually check the weather daily across the country and we've been the warmer part of the country for some time now.......knock on wood.

Old 10-29-2006, 04:19 PM
Rated M

Originally Posted by canuck
There's been no signs of it so far Deane. I usually check the weather daily across the country and we've been the warmer part of the country for some time now.......knock on wood.
Doubtful we'll have a dump for another 2-4 weeks and even then it will melt the next day with rain or higher temps.

Old 10-29-2006, 04:36 PM
Received 36 Likes on 33 Posts
Originally Posted by RBull
Doubtful we'll have a dump for another 2-4 weeks and even then it will melt the next day with rain or higher temps.
Im hoping it will be that way here also. I have seen a few vehicles coming into town with a bit of snow still on their roofs but we have had none in town. I am still trying to put my boat away in storage , it's been too wet. It's like a swamp in front of the barn where I store it and my boat and trailer weigh around 6,000 lbs and would just sink in that quagmire . I have never seen it this wet for years.

Old 10-29-2006, 06:30 PM
Rated M

Originally Posted by GEE35X
Im hoping it will be that way here also. I have seen a few vehicles coming into town with a bit of snow still on their roofs but we have had none in town. I am still trying to put my boat away in storage , it's been too wet. It's like a swamp in front of the barn where I store it and my boat and trailer weigh around 6,000 lbs and would just sink in that quagmire . I have never seen it this wet for years.
Wow, I'll keep my fingers crossed for you it drys up and no snow gets there.

Our winter usually gets here a little later than many parts of the country but other than last year then has hammered us hard.

Old 10-29-2006, 08:40 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
5+ inches of snow this morning in Calgary, so I guess I will have to decide what kind of winter tires I will treat my G to. Do I go with the Blizzak WS-50s or the Michelin Alpin PA2? I have heard that the Blizzaks are great for the first 3rd of their tread, but then they kinda suck, where ars the Alpins are V Rated and should perform well on snow and ice and allow the G to shine on dry roads. Anyone used these tires before?

Also, is the 3m rock chip guard worth the $700 price tag?

Old 10-29-2006, 08:43 PM
Traveling Administrator
Originally Posted by ChristianN
I will definitely be getting a clear bra installed on my new G. With Infiniti's soft paint, it will be worth every penny.

Old 10-29-2006, 08:44 PM
Originally Posted by canuck
I will definitely be getting a clear bra installed on my new G. With Infiniti's soft paint, it will be worth every penny.
I agree, it is a must.

Old 10-29-2006, 11:44 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by ChristianN
5+ inches of snow this morning in Calgary, so I guess I will have to decide what kind of winter tires I will treat my G to. Do I go with the Blizzak WS-50s or the Michelin Alpin PA2? I have heard that the Blizzaks are great for the first 3rd of their tread, but then they kinda suck, where ars the Alpins are V Rated and should perform well on snow and ice and allow the G to shine on dry roads. Anyone used these tires before?

Doesn't the G35X some with all seasons? I wouldn't even bother getting winters for the amount of time we have to deal with snow on the roads. If you head into the mountains often then definately do it.

My Blizzak LM-22s are V rated as well. I went for a spin with the car tonight and was quite impressed, much better than the Dunlop Ice Pick's I had on the G.

For the amount of KMs I put on in the winter, I'm certain I'll get 3 seasons out of the Blizzaks.

Old 10-30-2006, 08:32 AM
For those who are planning to put on winter tire, are you going to buy a new set of rim for the winter tire? I am planning to swap the stock rim with a new set of winter tire. Hopefully I can sell the stock all season tire for good price. Any one know how much is the stock tire?

Since most people are using two sets of rim and tire, do you guys put in an addition set of TPM?

Old 10-30-2006, 08:49 AM
Originally Posted by Ghozt
For those who are planning to put on winter tire, are you going to buy a new set of rim for the winter tire? I am planning to swap the stock rim with a new set of winter tire. Hopefully I can sell the stock all season tire for good price. Any one know how much is the stock tire?

Since most people are using two sets of rim and tire, do you guys put in an addition set of TPM?
It's not worth the bother to purchase 4 more TPS for your extra set of wheels. It isn't a big problem running without them. The majority of people that have an extra set of rims do not bother with the sensors. I never ran them in my winter wheels the last 2 winters.
Having said that, I bought a set of used rims and tires complete with TPS so I will have sensors for both sets of rims for the 07.

Old 10-30-2006, 01:37 PM
Question 2003 G35C 17" Winter tires on 07 G35 Sedan Sport?

on the topic of winter tires, I currently have 17" wheels/tires that I run on my 2003 G35Coupe for winter....

I am very seriously considering trading up to a 2007 G35 Sedan Sport (need that second set of doors for loading & unloading the little one).

Anyway, anyone know if the wheels from the old generation G's will fit on new G35's?

I'm wondering if would be able to continue to use the same winter tire/wheel set up that I have now....

Old 10-30-2006, 03:34 PM
anyone....?

Originally Posted by fv17
on the topic of winter tires, I currently have 17" wheels/tires that I run on my 2003 G35Coupe for winter....

I am very seriously considering trading up to a 2007 G35 Sedan Sport (need that second set of doors for loading & unloading the little one).

Anyway, anyone know if the wheels from the old generation G's will fit on new G35's?

I'm wondering if would be able to continue to use the same winter tire/wheel set up that I have now....
anyone?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Winter Tire and RIM