G35 Sedan V36 2007- 08 Discussion about the 2nd Generation G35 Sedan 2007 - 08

All you people who own black g35's

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-30-2006, 01:59 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
All you people who own black g35's

overall, I love black. I have never owned a black car though and am really wanting to get the new G in black. I obviously worry about how hard it will be to keep the car clean...so my question to you guys is: Do you experience any regret getting your car in black?

Old 10-30-2006, 02:14 AM
I have a BO 2006 g35.... I do not regret getting this color... When its clean it looks sick as Fuck.

The downside to a black car is keeping the car clean on a daily basis. It gets dirty way to fast. And if you are one of those types who go crazy over swirls and scratches, black is not the car for you unless you plan on baby-in the car ALL the time...

Black is the best color to look at.. too maintain it is a totally different story..

Old 10-30-2006, 02:36 AM
yeah dude I dunno im having a really hard time deciding...its either that or dark gray.

there is a car wash in my town there gives unlimited car washes for 30 bucks a month or something like that

Old 10-30-2006, 02:42 AM
I don't regret it at all. It is hot...when clean. I personally would not go through a car wash though. If I'm desperate, I would go through a "no touch" car wash.

Old 10-30-2006, 02:50 AM
hehe what about that mr clean gun thats filters minerals out of the water or whatever and it auto drys

Old 10-30-2006, 02:51 AM
Originally Posted by Vengar
there is a car wash in my town there gives unlimited car washes for 30 bucks a month or something like that
damn...where's that. They would lose a lot of money w/ me as a customer...

Old 10-30-2006, 02:58 AM
yeah dude I dunno im having a really hard time deciding...its either that or dark gray.

but does this place practice good habits of reducing the chances of swirls...but if you decdie to get black i would highly recommend using the zaino system on teh paint it will make the black have a deep shine!

Old 10-30-2006, 03:01 AM
Originally Posted by abcquackyxyz
but does this place practice good habits of reducing the chances of swirls...but if you decdie to get black i would highly recommend using the zaino system on teh paint it will make the black have a deep shine!
hmm I will have to look into that...

Old 10-30-2006, 07:20 AM
Traveling Administrator
Received 175 Likes on 102 Posts
I have owned a Black Obsidian Sedan for 3 years now. Do I regret getting this color? Well yes and no. When this color is clean, it is the sexiest color on a nice car. I am a very fussy person when it comes to keeping my car clean......so I have found that owning BO is almost a full time job. If you are very picky in keeping your car clean, than you might find that owning BO can be a little frustrating. I have spent multiple hour detailing sessions on my car only to see it with a layer dust or pollen on it 30 minutes later.

And trust me, BO shows swirl marks something terrible. I have used Zaino products for some time now and they work really well. But don't think that Zaino will remove ANY swirl marks because it won't.

Anyways, take these comments in stride and just decide for yourself. The bottom line is that it is one hell of a sexy color......but it just takes alot more work to keep it looking good.

Old 10-30-2006, 07:21 AM
Traveling Administrator
Originally Posted by abcquackyxyz
Zaino offers GREAT products, I use them myself. Having said that, they DO NOT remove any swirl marks though. I have learned that first hand.

Old 10-30-2006, 09:01 AM
If you get black - do not go through the automatic car wash. Your car will be full of swirl marks in no time. You are going to want to hand wash it to minimise the swirls. Maybe you are not as **** about it as most people are that are on car forums - so maybe it won't bother you.

I had a black Z06 for a while and it looked great when cleaned up, but when the sun hit it that certain way to expose all the swirls - it looked bad.

Old 10-30-2006, 09:37 AM
Received 26 Likes on 21 Posts
I completely agree with all above on the swirl marks. They get there easily and come out with great difficulty. I am about to buy a Porter cable polisher just to address this.
I do not have much of a problem with washing it frequently and bought a California Duster to keep it free of pollen between washes. It looks great when clean, but I'm not sure if I will buy black again.

Old 10-30-2006, 09:45 AM
Traveling Administrator
Originally Posted by darnelled
I am about to buy a Porter cable polisher just to address this.
After a recommendation by a VERY experienced member here (Picus112), I purchased a PC over the summer and I cannot recommend one enough. They work brilliantly and my results will only get better as I gain more experience with it. If you plan on purchasing a PC, this thread is a MUST read.

https://g35driver.com/forums/repairing-detailing-diy/105461-detailing-caring-your-ride.html

Old 10-30-2006, 09:52 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
overall, I love black. I have never owned a black car though and am really wanting to get the new G in black. I obviously worry about how hard it will be to keep the car clean...so my question to you guys is: Do you experience any regret getting your car in black?

Get a Blue Slate G instead. Black is a major PITA! Black looks great for the 30 minutes it is clean. Then it gets a layer of dust or pollen on it.

Old 10-30-2006, 11:45 AM
Cool You'll get a thrill down the road

I have a black 2000 Audi A6 2.7t. I also live in New England (ie snow, sand, salt)

A pain - yes. But I've had the pain for 6 years and - to this day I find myself going out to a parking lot when she is clean and saying to myself, "Damn that is one FINE looking automobile"!

Never said that about an older silver car. Not even a newer silver car. When you've had silver for a while, you go get your car and say to yourself, "oh - there's my car...".

If you've never had black - and you love the car - go for it!