G35 Sedan V36 2007- 08 Discussion about the 2nd Generation G35 Sedan 2007 - 08

Speechless...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-04-2006, 07:09 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Speechless...

So brief background: I'm 22 years old, never driven a rwd sedan (suv, yes), had an Acura RSX, and now I'm driving an '04 Acura TL.

Wowza is all I can say after my test drive of the '07 G35 S. My salesperson (a super hot and nice lady I might add) handed me the keys and told me and my friend (also in his young twenties) that we could take the car out by ourselves for 10 min (because there was a huge line for the drive).

The Positives:
-Push-Start is super cool.
-The interior is definitely better than the '06, and up to par with my TL.
-The car has so much power and torque in the low-end range and also in the high-end range that it makes my TL feel slow.
-Heard some complaints that the VQ engines aren't as smooth as Honda engines, but I didn't notice it perhaps because the power rushed up so quickly that you really didn't care about smoothness.
-Drove an FX, and the droning sound of the exhaust was nice for a bit, but stayed throughout the entire drive. The G only has a very nice v-8 sounding noise that comes on when you accelerate.
-The steering wheel is awesome.
-The turning radius is super.

The Negatives:
-Not as spacious as my TL in the rear.
-Hate how if you get navi, you also get a huge trunkspace-hogging disc changer.
-The trunk is about the same size as the TL's, but the opening makes it harder to put large stuff.
-The doors seem kind of lighter, but it could be that I just looked at the IS350 before I test drove the G.
-There was a very apparent rattle in the rear.

Overall, it's a great car, and I look forward to getting it when my lease ends.