G35 Sedan V36 2007- 08 Discussion about the 2nd Generation G35 Sedan 2007 - 08

Tire Pressures displayed?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-26-2006, 01:41 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by jasplat88
Has anyone figured out whether or not it will display the tire pressure of the tires? In the manual on page 6-2 under "Tire Pressure Monitoring System (TPMS)" it clearly (at least to me) states that it will display the tire pressure of each tire....

"The system also displays pressure of all tires (except the spare tire) on the display by sending a signal from a sensor that is installed in each wheel..."

Has anyone been able to see the tire pressures displayed?

-Jason

Edit: Is it possible this is the problem...."This system will activate only when the vechile is driven at speeds above 16MPH"
hmmm, I didn't see that in my manual. Do you have the nav?

Old 12-26-2006, 03:46 PM
Originally Posted by CorumG35
hmmm, I didn't see that in my manual. Do you have the nav?
Yes I have the nav on my G. I will scan a copy of the page I am referring to in the manual and attach it in a bit. BTW I am going to the dealer tomorrow for something unrelated, and will ask them as well.

-Jason

Old 12-26-2006, 04:03 PM
O.F. Administrator
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by jasplat88
Has anyone figured out whether or not it will display the tire pressure of the tires? In the manual on page 6-2 under "Tire Pressure Monitoring System (TPMS)" it clearly (at least to me) states that it will display the tire pressure of each tire....

"The system also displays pressure of all tires (except the spare tire) on the display by sending a signal from a sensor that is installed in each wheel..."

Has anyone been able to see the tire pressures displayed?

-Jason

Edit: Is it possible this is the problem...."This system will activate only when the vechile is driven at speeds above 16MPH"
It's possible that the navis that go into the US are different than the navis that come to Canada, but I doubt it....and it seems that there is no individual TP display screen in navis up here.......

Check my post #11 for the pic of the display in my owners manual which shows the actual TP display on my M45's navi at rest and not at the minimum 16 mph necessary to get the pressures to display properly.
The screen show 4 corners (one for each tire) and **psi at each corner until the actual pressure comes up at the necessary speed.

Look for a similar screen on your navi and in the place I suggested and if you have such a display, it should be there somewhere. (Information)

C.

Old 12-26-2006, 05:00 PM
I have the navi and the individual Tire display is not present. I went to the INFORMATION screen and there is a "blank" section to the bottom right, where I would think the option(that the M45) has.

Old 12-26-2006, 07:25 PM
Well it does have to ability to do so, m car told me last night via a light on the dash that one of my tires was low on air, and it must be somewhat acccurate because I was unable to tell from the naked eye by looking at it.

Old 12-26-2006, 07:52 PM
Originally Posted by Goodstuff
Well it does have to ability to do so, m car told me last night via a light on the dash that one of my tires was low on air, and it must be somewhat acccurate because I was unable to tell from the naked eye by looking at it.
I don't think anyone's questioning whether or not it is working....we are wondering if we can display the tire pressures...and so far it appears we cannot.

Old 12-26-2006, 08:06 PM
Received 47 Likes on 32 Posts
the G does not show the PSI on the display -- only if the tire is low you'll still get only the exclamation point. the M is the more advanced showing each one along w/ the FX adn QX

Old 12-26-2006, 10:20 PM
Originally Posted by da mayor
the G does not show the PSI on the display -- only if the tire is low you'll still get only the exclamation point. the M is the more advanced showing each one along w/ the FX adn QX
Kenny, do you know if the TPMS system puts out that data on the canbus at all, or if it's just the error flag? Seems like if it was the former, it'd be a matter of an easter egg in the firmware...

Old 12-26-2006, 10:32 PM
from my huge knowledge of the 07 the TPMS is not connected into the software of the hard drive only into the main ECU of the instrument cluster. I think they did this because Infiniti knew a lot of people will get aftermarket wheels anyways most without the TPMS sensors. there are enough gadgets in the 07 but it would be nice to know the PSI in each wheel though

Old 12-27-2006, 06:27 AM
It seems odd to me that it would be this way considering how many other systems/pieces/parts the G35 shares with cars like the FX - which does display the individual PSI readings. I'm not sure I believe that Infiniti believes more people would necessarily buy new wheels for the G35 than the FX.

I'm surprised to learn this.

Old 12-27-2006, 08:43 AM
Well, considering the critical part of the TPMS system, the sensors, are wireless and I would expect, are shared across all the models - there's a distinct chance that you could do a brain transplant of some sort to get that level of detail, albeit at quite some involvement. Bummer to hear it's only connected to the instrument cluster though!

Old 12-27-2006, 09:30 AM
Originally Posted by dcmidnight
It seems odd to me that it would be this way considering how many other systems/pieces/parts the G35 shares with cars like the FX - which does display the individual PSI readings. I'm not sure I believe that Infiniti believes more people would necessarily buy new wheels for the G35 than the FX.

I'm surprised to learn this.

remember i'm on the "inside"

look at the oil pressure light it's not connected to information system of the G neither is the message systems where you can display maintainence on the small box in the instrument cluster as well as a seperate for the center information center