G35 Sedan V36 2007- 08 Discussion about the 2nd Generation G35 Sedan 2007 - 08

Annoynaces/Nags re 2007 G35X Sedan

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-15-2007, 11:18 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Annoynaces/Nags re 2007 G35X Sedan

Interesting post here re nags on the G35 over the years, but it's hard to tell which still apply in 2007.

Here is a running list, based on feeback from this thread. Current owners should be able to quickly confirm which part of the list the annoyance belongs.

Still applicable in 07 Sedan

-soft paint
-no remote lever to pop gas tank cover
-not being able to use the navi while moving
-small trunk
-slow seat warmer
-mediocre sound system
-cabin noise (though improved)
-poor fuel economy (known before purchase)

Not yet classified, or no longer applicable for 07

-brake dust
-brake pad wear
-air gap between front and rear side windows ((no window molding to separate the driver and rear passenger window... u can stick ur finger in it.
-bad position/size re cup holders
-no hydraulic rods for hood ( only cheap wire rod)
-no hood light
-small glove box
-seat belt getting stuck and scrathing door
-premature wear/creases on leather
-slow seat adjustment
-no memory on mirror
-numerous rattles
-crappy handling when wet
-flapping noise from sunroof
-other major items??

Last edited by G35-2-B; 01-15-2007 at 02:50 PM. Reason: Added/clarifed list
Old 01-15-2007, 12:10 PM
Originally Posted by G35-2-B
Interesting post here re nags on the G35 over the years, but it's hard to tell which still apply in 2007.

For example, are these still issues/nags in the 2007 G35X ?:

mediocre sound system
brake dust
brake pad wear
soft paint
poor fuel econonmy
cabin noise
air gap between front and rear side windows
small trunk
seat belt getting stuck and scrathing door
premature wear/creases on leather
slow seat adjustment
no memory on mirror
slow seat warmer
numerous rattles
crappy handling when wet
flapping noise from sunroof
other major items??

Seems like a long list - hopefully some of these have been addressed for 2007, but maybe not....so thought I woud ask!

Many thanks
Can you expand on "air gap between front and rear side windows" please.

Old 01-15-2007, 01:11 PM
Originally Posted by Adam Zapple
Can you expand on "air gap between front and rear side windows" please.
It was a comment as follows "no window molding to separate the driver and rear passenger window... u can stick ur finger in it."

I updated the list in post 1.

Hopefully the list can be split in two ( ie outstanding / addressed) based on future feedback.

Old 01-15-2007, 01:21 PM
For example, are these still issues/nags in the 2007 G35X ?:

-soft paint
-poor fuel econonmy
-not being able to use the navi while moving
-small trunk
-slow seat warmer
These are still applicable.

Old 01-15-2007, 01:27 PM
Originally Posted by DaCurryman
These are still applicable.
yes these are but when driving the 2007 g35x you will notice a big difference from the older noise especially the cabin noise.

Old 01-15-2007, 02:23 PM
I've had my G35x for 2 weeks now. So far, the only thing that's annoyed me is not having complete control of the Nav while driving. Some control is available, but not everything. For example, when listing points of interest, it's not possible to see more than the first page of POIs while the car is moving. Oftentimes, while on a long road trip, me and my wife would like to see what restaurants are nearby, and having to stop the car to get a complete list is annoying. It's a safety feature, but I think it's enough that there's a warning at startup, and it should be up to the driver and/or passenger to use the Nav as much or as little as desired while driving.

Other issues mentioned above are either not issues, or don't bother me. The gas mileage is to be expected, and is a known issue prior to purchase.

Old 01-15-2007, 03:53 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
-no memory on mirror

Mine hasn't arrived yet, but curious... how do you open the gas tank without a lever?

Do the mirrors now move with the memory seats on the 07, I hadn't noticed in my test drives?

Old 01-15-2007, 04:07 PM
Originally Posted by kring
Mine hasn't arrived yet, but curious... how do you open the gas tank without a lever?
As long as your doors are unlocked, you push the right side of the gas door and it'll open. Make sure when you twist the gas tank cap back on, the strap is loose (i.e., you can turn the cap while the strap stays stationary), because my strap snapped off already.

Originally Posted by kring
Do the mirrors now move with the memory seats on the 07, I hadn't noticed in my test drives?
I've tried it in my 6MT, but it wasn't too responsive, if I can recall. I prefer manually adjusting them to my liking anyway.

Old 01-15-2007, 04:22 PM
While looking over a new G35x this weekend, I saw that there was not a full size spare. Perhaps a petty annoyance, but one none the less.

Old 01-15-2007, 04:36 PM
My issues are all very small ones. I think the greatness of this car far outweighs these things.

1.) I hear ya about the fuel door thing. BMW's the same way, w/ doors unlocked, push in to release fuel door. The process is not a problem, it's just when you compound that with a dirty car (every winter, the car cannot stay clean for more than 2-minutes, it seems) then it becomes an issue. Especially for us women who don't like to get dirty.

2.) There's a rather large lump in the front seat passenger's floorboard area. Like it starts from the center tunnel and then protrudes out. This is probably the biggest issue I have. I like having a flat floor space when I'm in the front passenger's seat. It's annoying because I cannot find a comfortable position. There's a bunch more legroom under the dash, but I am short so I don't normally sit w/ my legs stretching that far out. Also, I like having my purse up front with me, and because it's lumpy my purse has a tendency to fall over, etc. Go check out your guys' lumps in your cars! Anyone else's wives or girlfriends or passengers in general make this observation?

3.) Rear seat comfort... I wish that the designers put just a bit more toe/foot room under the front seats for rear seat passengers. One thing I loved about Audi was how they put great care to put lights under the seats to help passengers as they get into the rear seat. Also, they have quite a bit of room under their front seats (which is essential since it's so tight back there!). Also, for someone like me, it's difficult to sit comfortably with my back on the backrest and still be able to reach the door armrests. Maybe it's just me.

4.) Yes, I agree about the downsides to having such buttery soft leather -- the premature creasing! I like the softer feel of the leather used in Japanese and higher-end American cars, but the thicker, not-so-soft leather in European brands do seem to stand up much better. I think even the way we enthusiasts baby this car, the leather will still show creasing much earlier. After nearly 7+ years, the leather in our BMW barely shows any creasing.

Ok, rant over. Like I said, the good far outweighs the bad.

Last edited by Madison_Malia; 01-15-2007 at 04:39 PM.
Old 01-15-2007, 04:51 PM
The lousy programming software they put into the Music Box / Compact Flash reader / music system. And yes I'm being sarcastic when I say this, but I feel like the CF software could have been programmed better by a 21 year old college graduate with a computer science degree. What a GREAT idea on the surface, just pop in a CF card that you can load up at home. Oh wait, we forgot to put any thought into how the system would work and as it turns out, not only will it not nest folders like it says in the manual, it wont sort or order the songs anything close to how you want them! Sweet! (/sarcasm off) Just total junk when you think about how easy it SHOULD be to use a CF card - turns out its just a mindnumbingly frustrating process. If anyone from Infiniti reads this, what the hell were you thinking? Great concept in the Music Box system, C- on execution.

The other things I can live with. The mileage is part and parcel of having 300+ hp in my book. If I wanted a Prius I would have bought one, but getting 21mpg is about what I expected and a step up from my Z. Same with the gas tank thing, I had been slipping the corner of my grocery tag (whatever you call that tiny thing some grocery stores give you with your account # on it that you keep on your keyring) anyway I just pop that in the corner to pry it open and it opens just fine - Zaino doesn't like fingerprints. The Nav thing I believe you can still use voice commands to do everything while in motion which is what I've learned to do in my wifes FX, so again, have just gotten used to it.

The software thing though bugs the hell out of me and is something I cant get over. As someone who used to write and test code for a living I just cant believe this thing made it out of some sort of testing process. Cant believe it. Hopefully Infiniti will step up to the plate and update this, but on the other hand, I could see them just fixing it in the 08 and leaving the 07s out to lunch.

Last edited by dcmidnight; 01-15-2007 at 04:53 PM.
Old 01-15-2007, 04:53 PM
Originally Posted by Madison_Malia
... Go check out your guys' lumps in your cars! Anyone else's wives or girlfriends or passengers in general make this observation? ...
That sounds funny.

Old 01-15-2007, 05:02 PM
I pick up my 07G tomorrow. Just wondering how everyone is classifying the paint as being soft, on a vehicle that has only been in existance 3 months?

Old 01-15-2007, 05:11 PM
I have had my 07 for 6 weeks now and I have about 920 miles on it.

These are the issues that I see:

cabin noise
mediocre sound system
soft paint
small trunk
seat belt getting stuck and scrathing door
slow seat adjustment
numerous rattles
flapping noise from sunroof
noise from brakes when slowly letting off when car is cold
loud fluttering noise when going over large bumps (may be sunroof)

I also own a '03 FX 35 and I must say that it looks like Infiniti's first year quality has gone down.

Old 01-15-2007, 05:18 PM
Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts
I don't have any of those problems. Sound system IMO is great, cabin noise is greatly improved over previous generation, paint don't know about, trunk is plenty big, no rattles or weird noises...

I have 950-1k on it already. Great car IMO.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Annoynaces/Nags re 2007 G35X Sedan