New G Owner, lots of questions

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-31-2007, 01:54 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
New G Owner, lots of questions

Hey G-men and G-women,

Some questions:

1. Near the sun-roof/moon-roof controls, there are two little lights that are always on. At night, they look like eyes, like a shark lurking under water. What do they do and can you turn them off?
2. Whenever I turn the car on, the rearview mirror always starts out with the auto-dimmer turned on. I usually turn it off. Can I start the car with the default to off?
3. I took a turn pretty fast and a light appeared that said "slip." Is that the limmited slip differential activating itself? I have never had a car tell me I am slipping, especially a rear wheel drive vehicle.
4. What is the story with these tires? On the Sport model, the rear tires are wider than the front, which makes sense, but the rear tires have a smaller sidewall. Am I interpreting those numbers correctly? And, has any one looked into how much new tires cost and which brands offer tire for our cars. Tire shopping was a major headache for my Acura CL--I hope it is not a headache for this car too.
5. Are there cargo nets for the trunk bigger than what comes with the car? The Acura CL came with a huge net that cold hold an entire trip the grocery store. The G net seems really small. Any aftermarket nets or can a bigger one be installed from one of the SUVs.
6. Sunshades. Anyone own one from the www.infiniti-parts.com website. Do they fit the 2007 sedans?
7. I usually drive with the vent set to outside air circulation. Is there anyway to control the fan without turning on the A/C. In my Acura, I could adjust how much vent air came into the car.
8. Is it just me, or does anyone notice that their car is nice and warm inside. See, question number 7 has a purpose--I want more cold air to come into the car through the vents. Maybe this car is more insulated than the Acura, but it does feel like a warm cabin (no, I dont think the Washi paper interior is causing this).
9. Does this car have auto-locking features. That is, if I shut the car off, get out and close the door, then walk away, will the car lock itself even if I dont use the lock button on the fob?
10. Have you named your car yet? I call mine The Silver Surfer.

I thank anyone who can help me answer these questions. So far, I really like the car and I am still learning some of the things about it.

Thanks in advance
Herschel

Old 01-31-2007, 02:25 AM
well i have a coupe, but let me try helpin ya out

1- lets you see stuff, no
2- not that i know of
3- its the traction control, LSD is something totally different
4- sidewall is smaller but width is larger, shopping for tires is like any other, prioritize whether you want performance or affordability, and shop around
5- most likely, prob still in development, fairly new car
6- can't answer
7- press fan button and shut a/c off?
8- turn temp. down
9- don't know
10- fat b1tch

Old 01-31-2007, 02:31 AM
Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts
1. They're there for you too see better at night in the car. Also I believe you can turn it off in your settings on the stereo/navi

Old 01-31-2007, 02:31 AM

Received 32 Likes on 27 Posts
7) Press A/C button to disengage compressor. (light on button will go off).

9) No need to take fob out of pocket. Push button on door when you get out of car to lock it up. It will not lock itself (unless there is a setting I don't know about).

Old 01-31-2007, 06:57 AM
Traveling Administrator
Received 175 Likes on 102 Posts
A few answers for you.

1. I looked in the manual and found no way to turn the LED lights off. I personally love them at night and wouldn't want to turn them off.

2. No.

5.. You wont be able to get any bigger cargo nets for the trunk. There are no other hooks in the trunk to allow a bigger cargo net. They are meant for smaller items and not for putting an entire grocery order in.

9. No.

Old 01-31-2007, 09:16 AM
4. If you thought tire shopping for a CL was tough, it will be made easier on the G because there are only a small handful(maybe 2) different tires available in the front and rear size... so there is not much decision to make I just hope you like one of those choices!