G35 Sedan V36 2007- 08 Discussion about the 2nd Generation G35 Sedan 2007 - 08

Auto lock

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-01-2007, 06:41 PM
Waxer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The only auto feature mention in the owner book is on page 3-15:

"Push the UNLOCK button on the intelligent Key once.

Any door should be opened within 1 minute after the door is unlocked. Otherwise all the doors will be locked again automatically."

Old 02-01-2007, 06:52 PM
Bad Toro
It will lock itself only after a false unlock - that is if you unlock the car but don't open any of the doors within 5 minutes.

Old 02-01-2007, 07:06 PM
Received 36 Likes on 33 Posts
Originally Posted by SPEEED
It will lock itself only after a false unlock - that is if you unlock the car but don't open any of the doors within 5 minutes.
Mine also does that. If I unlock it with the button on the handle but do not open any of the doors within a few minutes, it locks them again automatically . On the other hand if I do open a door and shut it they stay unlocked, unless I lock them again.

Old 02-01-2007, 09:19 PM
^^ that's true

Old 02-01-2007, 10:19 PM
Originally Posted by Garnet Canuck
My 03G did not do that and neither does my 07. I wonder if this is a US thing.
It's actually a great safety feature. Prevents some crazy dude from walking up to your car and trying to open the door while you're sitting at a red light. And I never have to manually unlock my car whenever I park it.

My car did not come like that when it was delivered to me, but I asked the dealership to program it so it would do that. Apparently there are a number of features that can be programmed by the dealership if you ask them, since they don't come from the factory that way. My assumption would be that they can do that with the '07s as well. So, it you would prefer it to do that, then I would call the dealer and ask them if they can.

Old 02-01-2007, 10:54 PM
Originally Posted by Sedanman07
The only auto feature mention in the owner book is on page 3-15:

"Push the UNLOCK button on the intelligent Key once.

Any door should be opened within 1 minute after the door is unlocked. Otherwise all the doors will be locked again automatically."
Nice feature! Occasionally, when I park in a less than stellar area, I'm paranoid about accidentally unlocking the door while the key is in my pocket as I walk away from the car (happened only once or twice in a few years with my previous car, but now it makes me cautious if I'm parked in public in a not too safe area). With the G35's automatic lock feature, it would at least lock my car automatically just in case.

Old 02-06-2007, 01:51 PM
Originally Posted by treacherous
In '07 G Service Manual-"DLK" chapter on Page 51 it says:

Monitor: D/LOCK VHCL SPD AJT
Description: Lock with speed customize function mode can be changed to operate (WITH) or not operate
(WITHOUT) with this mode.

Also references to enabling “AUTO LOCK SET” setting in “WORK SUPPORT”.

It appears it might be a feature that is not enabled by default. Dealer would need to enable with their Consult III. For those interested in function it be worth inquiring about. I'm on the fence myself.

Just came from the service department and they said this function is not possible. Maybe I talked to the wrong guy but he said they aren't able to turn on this feature and that the car doesn't even have the capablity to do this.. I'm going to try again with someone else. Hope you guys have better luck and work with someone that knows a little bit more about the car

Old 02-13-2007, 02:32 AM
I too miss the auto lock feature I had in my Pacifica. Above 5mph the doors would lock. Shut off the car, open the door and all doors would unlock (you could turn that feature off). It's a great safety feature like someone else mentioned, to prevent someone from walking up to your car and opening the door (when you live in a major city like LA, and you have a hot car such as the G35, it's a nice feature). Not sure why people would hate this feature. Now I have to manually lock all the doors, and then unlock it to get out. Gonna check with my dealer to see if this can be changed.

Old 02-13-2007, 11:07 AM
Rated M

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by Garnet Canuck
My 03G did not do that and neither does my 07. I wonder if this is a US thing.
Pretty sure its a dealer programable feature. I have a list of those features somwhere here.

Originally Posted by GEE35X
Mine also does that. If I unlock it with the button on the handle but do not open any of the doors within a few minutes, it locks them again automatically . On the other hand if I do open a door and shut it they stay unlocked, unless I lock them again.
Yes, the previous gen does it as well.

Old 02-13-2007, 12:47 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I would have thought that if the intellikey is not within range of the car, the car should lock it's self, otherwise, what's the point of the intellikey if you have to take it in and out of your pocket/purse to secure or enter the car.

If the car is locked and you approach with the key, does the car unlock and all you need to do is push the button on the door handle? so you can keep the key in your pocket.

If you drive the car, shut it off and walk away, the car doesn't lock? it stays unlocked for anyone to just open the door? so what method is everyone using to lock the doors? are you taking the key out of your pocket. I would think there should be a setting to lock the doors if the key isn't present. of which could be over ridden by pressing the intellikey buttons.

Old 02-13-2007, 01:02 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by kring
I would have thought that if the intellikey is not within range of the car, the car should lock it's self, otherwise, what's the point of the intellikey if you have to take it in and out of your pocket/purse to secure or enter the car.

If the car is locked and you approach with the key, does the car unlock and all you need to do is push the button on the door handle? so you can keep the key in your pocket.

If you drive the car, shut it off and walk away, the car doesn't lock? it stays unlocked for anyone to just open the door? so what method is everyone using to lock the doors? are you taking the key out of your pocket. I would think there should be a setting to lock the doors if the key isn't present. of which could be over ridden by pressing the intellikey buttons.
The car doesn't lock or unlock automatically, you just push the button on the door handle to lock/unlock and you can keep the key in your pocket all the time.

Old 02-13-2007, 01:11 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by ChristianN
The car doesn't lock or unlock automatically, you just push the button on the door handle to lock/unlock and you can keep the key in your pocket all the time.
Ah cool, didn't know the handle button also served to lock... does it do anything else? i.e. if you hold it, pop the trunk?

Old 02-13-2007, 01:22 PM
Originally Posted by kring
Ah cool, didn't know the handle button also served to lock... does it do anything else? i.e. if you hold it, pop the trunk?
If you press it once it opens the drivers door, press it twice it opens all doors and when it is unlocked 1 press locks all doors (assuming you have selective unlock activated in the settings menu). The trunk has it's own button.

Old 02-18-2007, 10:17 AM
My 04 did not lock on its own, so when I had my Python alarm installed, I had that added to the functions. Now I unlock the car with the Python remote and when I start the car, all the doors lock about 2 seconds later. I like this. It does not unlock automatically when I stop the car, and I like it to stay locked until I'm ready to leave. I don't know if it can be programmed to unlock automatically. I also had it programmed to open the trunk and roll the windows down AND up (although I almost never use the latter).

KP Technologies (www.kptechnologies.com) makes a device that will lock the doors and one that will allow remote window raising also, if you wish.

Old 03-05-2007, 05:50 PM
Has anyone found a way to turn on the automatic lock/unlock function without visiting the dealer? I'm speaking of the function that automatically locks the doors when the transmission is put in Drive, or a certain speed is reached.

Thanks

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Auto lock