G35 Sedan V36 2007- 08 Discussion about the 2nd Generation G35 Sedan 2007 - 08

CA AAA/Costco VPP on 07 G35?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-19-2007, 01:50 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CA AAA/Costco VPP on 07 G35?

Does anyone know if the AAA or Costco vehicle purchase plan discounts cover the new 2007 G35 sedan? Are all packages covered? or are they not included since the model is new? If they are covered does anyone know the savings amounts?

Thanks in advance.

Old 02-19-2007, 02:10 AM
I tried the Costco plan - and they basically forwarded my name to a dealer... no guaranteed deal.
If you're looking for all the goodies, you'll have trouble even finding it.
If you're not picky, there are some deals to be had.
I'm in Los Angeles, so not many discounts.

Old 02-19-2007, 01:33 PM
Originally Posted by bienson
Does anyone know if the AAA or Costco vehicle purchase plan discounts cover the new 2007 G35 sedan? Are all packages covered? or are they not included since the model is new? If they are covered does anyone know the savings amounts?

Thanks in advance.

Right before I bought my car, I went to Costco's website and submitted a request for a quote on the 2007 Acura TL Type-S and the 2007 Infiniti G35 Sport.

When I went to the Acura dealer, they offered $600 over invoice, for a total of $36,600

When I went to the Infiniti dealer, they were only offering $100 off of the sticker price, MSRP. The sticker for my car was $36,888, so the Costco deal was for $36,788 (but after 8 hours of negotiating, I got the price below the Acura. My G was $35,900). Not much of a savings right now because the car was so new. But once I drove both the TL and the G, there was no comparison. I liked the G so much more, I bought it instead (even though I was ready to trade my Acura in for a new Acura).

Costco does change their deals often...in fact, I saw a new G sitting inside the Costco near my house. If you go through Costco, and you meet the salesman at your dealership, ask him to see the Costco "deals" sheet so you will know what the deals are on the cars.

Coscto offers a great program. You should use it, even if the deal is $100 off.

Good luck!

Old 02-19-2007, 04:14 PM
gao
Originally Posted by bienson

Thanks in advance.
from the sounds of it, u're better off negotiating. $100 off mrsp is ridiculous. I personally got mine for $500 above invoice(which equates to about $3k less in my case), so know your option invoice prices before you walk in.

Old 02-20-2007, 02:41 AM
Costco is a good starting point if you're already a member. My dealer gave me $500 off for the Costco discount in early December. Then you can always drive down the price from there, especially if you're willing to take a vehicle that the dealer already has in stock.

Old 02-21-2007, 03:53 PM
I second the Costco program - if you're a member, its a good starting point. I used it to start negotiations on my last car (BMW e46). Off the bat, it got me 1300 over invoice. I then faxed/emailed every other local dealer and beat the price by 500, but it was a great place to start.

Old 02-21-2007, 09:46 PM
Angry

Ok. I (an AAA Member) ended up talking to a dealer in San Jose, CA and this is what I got as info for AAA or was said to me, when I was interested in

G35 Sport AT, Nav, Premium, Splash, Cargo Net. (of one that was in the lot)

Quote:
- AAA doesn't cover vehicles with Nav (since they are so rare)
- "The provider for the Nav systems to infiniti are running low too " - Huh? What?
- But for this special case, an offer will made and that is invoice plus an agreed price of $2500 over.
- Per the California AAA vehicle purchase plan process on the dealer showed me their Invoice (what you see on edmunds.com) and their agreed pricing with AAA (which was basically $2500 over G35 models). I'm not sure if that was only on Journey versions or inclusive of sport.
- So when the offer was made, it was $35,444 + 2500 = $37944, for a car package that was $38790 MSRP. That's $846 off MSRP.

Boy, that California AAA discount really helps out a lot! I decided against it of course. I can wait (even 3 months) and/or find another dealer with a better offer.

Now I don't know if all dealerships in CA offering the AAA have the same (weak) discount, but that was unfortunate. The deal was screwed in a sense because since I went the route of AAA discount, there was likely no way in hell the dealer was going any cheaper. Because I was supposedly getting the cheaper deal anyway.

Someone can slap me in the face and let me know if perhaps that is just the reality of the market in here February and Northern california with especially the Sport model with Premium and NAV, but I don't think so from what I've seen on the threads here.

I'd be wary or not suggest doing the AAA route if it's not going to save any $$, plus, one might be boxed in with the dealer with just the AAA pricing. It was beyond negotiating at that point for me. I guess if I ran a dealership and had a hot car seller, I'd squeeze every $ out of customers too.

It hurts, but I'll just wait and save me some money for now and work with other dealers and look around.

Old 02-22-2007, 02:20 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
After I bargained with my dealer, I got over $1000 off MSRP... Mind you, I got one of the very first shipments of the G. They arrived the last week of Oct '06. The highest amount of discount that was ever posted here at that time was $750-$1000. You're better off negotiating yourself at the dealership and get a close-to-invoice price.