G35 Sedan V36 2007- 08 Discussion about the 2nd Generation G35 Sedan 2007 - 08

Likes/ Dislikes?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-08-2007, 09:14 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Likes/ Dislikes?

Considering about the the new g-sedan. Coming from a 2003.5 sedan fully loaded. just want to know what you like and dislike about the new g and if you can compare it to the previous g35 it would be greatly appreciated.

thanks

Old 03-08-2007, 09:24 PM
mirrors dont look down when in reverse or fold in park, seat heaters are only for back, besides that i love every inch of it

Old 03-08-2007, 09:28 PM
Originally Posted by kraqcommando
seat heaters are only for back
He's referring to the passenger side seat heaters heating either only the seat bottom or only the seat back. There will be a TSB for fixing this soon.

Old 03-08-2007, 09:34 PM
Since the OP is coming from fully loaded, I'll assume he plans on doing the same again?

The mirrors not looking down is kind of negated with the tech package since you'd have a reverse cam. I always liked that feature when I drove my mom's 3 series, but you don't really need it with the camera. The new gauge cluster is way cooler IMO. And in case you didn't know, the nav system on the 07 sedan is touchscreen plus all its other neat little features (musicbox, navtraffic, etc etc).

Old 03-08-2007, 09:54 PM
Traveling Administrator
Received 175 Likes on 102 Posts
Originally Posted by d_g35
Considering about the the new g-sedan. Coming from a 2003.5 sedan fully loaded. just want to know what you like and dislike about the new g and if you can compare it to the previous g35 it would be greatly appreciated.

thanks
I came from an 03 G myself and to be honest, there really is no comparison between the two. The exterior is much more agressive IMO, the interior is a night and day difference for the better, and the technology is leaps and bounds above the 03. There have been a few quirks on the 07 like the issue with the seat heaters and a sub par quality grille, but that is certainly no reason to not purchase an 07. Have you driven an 07 yet?

Old 03-08-2007, 10:12 PM
Bad Toro
Mine is about a week away, but here are my thoughts:

Like - pretty much everything
Dislike - Changer placement in the trunk and no folding rear seats.

Old 03-08-2007, 10:21 PM
I absolutely love the car. I decided against tech package and navigation though for a few reasons.

Technology Package... I don't need a reverse camera, nor do I do need adaptive cruise control. I don't really like how the sensors look on the front and rear and I would never use it.

Navigation... you get the screen anyway without navigation. Personally I don't ever have a need for navigation and my only reason for getting it on a car would be to get the nice screen. Since the screen was standard on the new G it was a hit.

As for anything else I can't compare between the old G and the new G. I've test driven the older coupe and been a passenger in the older sedan and imho this car just blows them away.

Old 03-08-2007, 11:40 PM
Originally Posted by d_g35

thanks
compare it? i love the 07. never considered the prior ones. in fact, i dislike all the prior g35's

really, no comparison.

Old 03-09-2007, 07:30 AM
Dislikes about '07 Sedan (coming from an '03 Sedan)

1. Cheap carpet and floormats in '07 compared to '03-'06.
2. Front grill pits super easily. Will need to be replaced many times over life of car.
3. Very litle interior storage space.
4. Bad design on rubber molding on sunroof. Only TSB fix to date has been
to put tape on it. Molding loosens up and rattles.
5. Seat heaters don't work. Hope they fix this.
6. Some interior rattles/buzzes (ex. rear deck speaker grill)

Overall, I like the '07, especially the body style, engine power, DS mode
in AT, etc. In otherwords, there's more to like than dislike. The most significant issue right now is the front grill. In 15K everyones is going to look like a pitted mess. This has the potential to make everyones car look like crap. This needs to be a recall issue.

Last edited by Railgunner; 03-09-2007 at 07:35 AM.
Old 03-09-2007, 07:52 AM
Railgunner: What is the deal with the sunroof molding? Mine comes out of place too when I slide the panel/cover (whatever you call it back)... its like the black molding that almost looks like its grooved for something to slide in?!?!? This is a known problem??

Old 03-09-2007, 08:31 AM
I am nearly set on the 07 G35. However some of these issues really bother me in a $35-40k vehicle. When I was sitting in one at the dealer, a black piece of molding around the sunroof popped off. I also found a used one with 2800 miles on it at an Acura dealership (someone traded for a new TL-Type S). The front end of the car looked terrible - paint was chipped and the grill was covered with chipped/pitted chrome. Has anyone addressed these issues with dealers or better yet Infiniti Customer Service?

I am holding off due to these issues - especially the grill problem.

Old 03-09-2007, 08:50 AM
I haven't owned a previous one but a couple friends have

Dislike on the 07:
- Less headroom in front and back (i am 6'4"")
- No reclining rear seats
- CD Changer placement (in truck as I have Navigation)

Like on the 07:
- More power
- More aggresive look

Old 03-09-2007, 08:54 AM
Arent there some guys on this forum who sell Infiniti's for a living (ie. DaMayor)? Wouldn't they be our best resources for getting our complaints to Infiniti? They would be able to call with some authority and tell them how many confirmed cases there are of a problem...

It would also be a good idea to personally inspect each and every 07 sedan that comes back in for routine service, oil changes etc etc. Have your service manager alert you whenenever one is on the schedule to come in, it wouldnt take 2 minutes to look at each car....

Old 03-09-2007, 08:55 AM
I had the 3M clear-bra installed on mine to help with the pits in the bumper... even though in the 3 days I drove it w/out the 3m, i still managed to get a few minor pits. The floor mats are pretty cheep, I noticed that almost immediately. My old car was an 05 G35x, and I loved the little storage where the navi goes. I used that religiously. Don't have that in the 07. Other than that, the likes FAR outweight the small, nit picks.

Old 03-09-2007, 10:28 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I hate the way the washer and wipers work.

You pull on the stalk to get the washer fluid on windsheild, the wipers don't come on automatically... Which is very odd to me.

The two "three port" nozzles don't effectively cover the entire window with washerfluid so I always end up with a "shark fin" shaped triangle in the bottom middle of the window that just-doesn't-get-clean no matter what I do.

I love the looks (on the fence about lowering it) love the power and I cringe whenever I pull into the petrol station.

I hate how when you're shoes are wet (snow is melting now) it transfers onto the gas pedal and then it trickles underneath the carpet.

So far to day (knock on wood) I haven't experienced the ticking noise or the sunroof pulling apart (though I'm sure once it gets warmer this will change) and my rear speaker grille is still tight.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Likes/ Dislikes?