G35 Sedan V36 2007- 08 Discussion about the 2nd Generation G35 Sedan 2007 - 08

Anyone experience rattling in door panels?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-24-2007, 08:54 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Anyone experience rattling in door panels?

Does anyone experience rattling sounds in their door panel from certain frequencies of bass from the SOW? I noticed on some songs there is serious rattling sounds coming from the area near the arm rest...i will lean over and push it down and it goes away. Is there a quick solution to this that i can do my self with sheets of dynamat maybe? Also there are some sheet metal sounds of vibration sometimes on the highway. I just would like to know if other people have experienced these sounds the same way i have, and if there are any solutions. I mean its not like i cant live with it and its totally loud but i would like it to go away.

My last option is to go to Infiniti and explain it to one of the service guys.I honestly dont want them to take off the door panel and not fix the problem. If they take off the door panel it would probably make it worst because they have loosened everything. Also i would hate to take a guy on the road to show him the sounds and usually when i do this for that one drive the sound magically goes away lol. Any insight would help

Old 03-24-2007, 09:05 AM
Bad Toro
I think got something like that the other day when I cranked the volume up, but attributed it to a bottle of water I had in the door - I didn't remove it and forgot about it. I will definitely check on it later on today.

Old 03-24-2007, 10:29 AM
Nah, only rattle I have is the rear subwoofer grill. It's buzzes/rattles from road vibration at certain speeds.

Old 03-24-2007, 01:42 PM
when i turn up the SOW my passenger door rattles, it almost sounds like the speaker is blown. i was going to take it in this weekend to see whats up because the speakers are barely broken in?!

Old 03-24-2007, 07:06 PM
I have taken my car in for the rattle at least 3 times. Each time they seal or grease something and the rattle goes away for a while. The first time they sealed the upper speaker and another time they greased the window track. Strangely, the rattle is only on the diver’s side door.

Let us know if you get any more detail.

Old 03-24-2007, 09:34 PM
yeah when i am bumping bass, i hold the door with one hand and press my leg against it to keep it from rattling around

Old 03-24-2007, 10:07 PM
Traveling Administrator
Received 175 Likes on 102 Posts
When I was drying my G yesterday after a thorough handwash, I was playing some Flamenco Guitar music. While I was drying the G, I had my Flamenco music two notches down from full blast and didn't notice any rattling whatsoever. Ever since I took delivery of the G back in November, I have found zero rattles so far........mind you I don't listen to any rap or any heavy bass type of music.

If one was to listen to music with a lot of bass, it wouldn't surprise me if the door panels rattled somewhat. Not sure thought since I personally haven't encountered it.

Old 03-26-2007, 09:07 AM
Originally Posted by kraqcommando
yeah when i am bumping bass, i hold the door with one hand and press my leg against it to keep it from rattling around
haha i do the same thing!!!

Old 03-26-2007, 11:29 AM
Originally Posted by UltimateGee27
haha i do the same thing!!!
Me too...but I guess it is not a thing to be proud of, right?

My 6-month service is coming up in a few weeks. I have told my salesperson about this, and let's see if he can work this out with the service guys and fix it.

Old 03-26-2007, 12:28 PM
I mean my doors arent rattling all the time or nothing like that..but sometimes like GARNET said its all about the bass in the song or i guess the genre. I listen to all types of stuff and i even have the fade a notch towards the rear..but i get rattling sounds from the passenger armrest. Also on high way i hear like a metal sound coming from the same door. I dont know what it is

Old 03-26-2007, 12:53 PM
I noticed the exact same rattle the other day, driver's side while i was in the garage with the engine off. It was a song with lots of bass so it looks like there is something in that armrest area that could use a little dampening.

Old 03-26-2007, 07:25 PM
Same problem here. I just purchased my car March 2nd. I think I noticed it within the first few days.

Old 03-26-2007, 09:45 PM
The early 03-04 G's had this problem as well. I did a fix myself on mine when I 1st had the car. You removed the doorpanels and you can see where a couple of hard cables from the pwr window mechanism would sit against the door brace. It made a buzzy noise at certain volumes. If you get a little foam backed foil (like dynamat but available at Home Depot) you can put it between the cables contact point and the door structure. Works perfect.

Last edited by g35_6gear; 03-27-2007 at 10:07 AM.
Old 03-27-2007, 09:28 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
they did this as a quality fix in the plant on the 05+altimas. it was the door latch/lock cables. put foam sleeves over them and no more rattles

looks like i have a project to do on the G now. project rattle-fix

Old 04-03-2007, 12:58 PM
Noticed rattling from passenger side arm rest. If I put pressure on it, it goes away ;0(

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Anyone experience rattling in door panels?