G35 Sedan V36 2007- 08 Discussion about the 2nd Generation G35 Sedan 2007 - 08

Bumper pads.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-18-2007, 10:17 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bumper pads.

Ok, I do have a parking spot for my G which is not indoors but its inside a locked gate so the car is out of harms way. My problem is since I got the car I wont sleep by my girlsfriends house becasue I'm still nuts about parking it on the streets of brooklyn ny. I used to go there with my old G all the time and never had a problem (knock on wood), but this car is black and besides that its not even a week old lol. I seen some bumper covers before in the street that you put on the car called bumper pads. I found them online on a couple of websites as well. The only problem with them is that they only have one for the back with the security straps, which you close the trunk on so noone can steal them. The front bumper has no security straps which means some J/O can just walk by and unclip it. Does anyone know if they are availble for the front with the security straps and if so where can I buy them?

Thanks
Rocco

Old 04-18-2007, 10:22 PM
Received 85 Likes on 74 Posts
No, but I do know where you can get some real nice plastic sofa covers!

Old 04-18-2007, 10:23 PM
Originally Posted by AesonVirus
No, but I do know where you can get some real nice plastic sofa covers!

I HAVE THOSE!

Old 04-18-2007, 10:36 PM
omg oh no..not those^^^^^

Old 04-18-2007, 11:21 PM
lol ok i guess not.

Old 04-19-2007, 10:53 AM
Touch up paint, thats your only other option. I already got mine cuz some retard with a SUV parked behind me left me 3 circlur scratches. The paint pealed up and everything. Looks like it was from the screw for his licence plate. Only good thing was, it's only a size of a dime. Gonna try sand it down alittle just to smooth is out then apply the touch up paint. Just hope it turns out OK.

Old 04-19-2007, 11:04 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
IMO, scratches look better than those bumper guards/pads

Old 04-19-2007, 11:15 AM
Moderation-free
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
On another thread, one of the guys who works for a dealer said that for the same problem he uses the foam pads that the cars have on them when delivered. IIRC they are two square foam pads for each bumper, and use adhesive tape. Maybe your dealer could hook you up?

Old 04-19-2007, 11:24 AM
I think the bumper pads will only attract some low life who has nothing better to do than mess with your car. Best to leave it be and take your chances... IMHO..

Originally Posted by logik05se
Ok, I do have a parking spot for my G which is not indoors but its inside a locked gate so the car is out of harms way. My problem is since I got the car I wont sleep by my girlsfriends house becasue I'm still nuts about parking it on the streets of brooklyn ny. I used to go there with my old G all the time and never had a problem (knock on wood), but this car is black and besides that its not even a week old lol. I seen some bumper covers before in the street that you put on the car called bumper pads. I found them online on a couple of websites as well. The only problem with them is that they only have one for the back with the security straps, which you close the trunk on so noone can steal them. The front bumper has no security straps which means some J/O can just walk by and unclip it. Does anyone know if they are availble for the front with the security straps and if so where can I buy them?

Thanks
Rocco

Old 04-19-2007, 12:05 PM
not the things that stick on your bumper you maniacs lol. Im talking about the big pad that straps to your quarter panels for the front and the fenders for the back. They are removeable once you are done parking lol. I would never in my life put those stick on things on my car.

Old 04-19-2007, 01:36 PM
My problem is since I got the car I wont sleep by my girlsfriends house becasue I'm still nuts about parking it on the streets of brooklyn ny.
Why don't you try sleeping IN your girlfriends house, instead of BY it? Unless you are just stalking her, it is way more fun. If you are just gonna sleep by her house, then sleep in the G and you can protect it from all the parking idiots.

Old 04-19-2007, 02:07 PM
G-Squad DJ =)

Thanks
Rocco
Rocco - whereabouts in brooklyn??
I hear ya totally on the brooklyn street parking - and im probably gonna get my sedan in black soon as this coupe lease is up - but I'd say maybe you should just clear bra it - thats my plan at least...

off topic - but - got any nice shots of your G???

Old 04-19-2007, 03:29 PM
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by mikepro
Why don't you try sleeping IN your girlfriends house, instead of BY it? Unless you are just stalking her, it is way more fun. If you are just gonna sleep by her house, then sleep in the G and you can protect it from all the parking idiots.
do i sense a bit of sarcasm or is it just me

Old 04-19-2007, 03:36 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Get a big nurf bar for the front like one of these:

Or you could roll with a nice set of these:

There's nothing you can do, if someone's going to bump you, then your going to get damaged, those are gimmics.

Old 04-19-2007, 09:49 PM
Originally Posted by DJNOOCH
Rocco - whereabouts in brooklyn??
I hear ya totally on the brooklyn street parking - and im probably gonna get my sedan in black soon as this coupe lease is up - but I'd say maybe you should just clear bra it - thats my plan at least...

off topic - but - got any nice shots of your G???

im in gravezend/bensonhurst. And yea its friggin terrible aroudn here...im going to clear bra it but that doesnt always help against things like that.

And to everyone else with there retarded remarks....i forgot that im posting on a nationwide forum where most people live in houses with white picket fences. The best is when those people say "im from the streets" but they never even had a traffic light in there neighborhood.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Bumper pads.