G35 Sedan V36 2007- 08 Discussion about the 2nd Generation G35 Sedan 2007 - 08

Is intelligent key a gimmick?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-18-2007, 03:38 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Is intelligent key a gimmick?

Can someone tell me why anyone needs an "intelligent" key? I mean there is useful technology like cell phones and garage door openers. Then there is technology for its own sake like electric toothbrushes. How hard is it to brush your teeth or put a key into an ignition slot? What is this technology doing for me? I shudder to think what would happen if my key fell out of my pocket on a ski slope or something 150 miles from an Infiniti dealer. What good would a locksmith be with this thing?

Old 11-18-2007, 03:49 PM
i didnt know locksmiths could start your car, that would be sweet

Old 11-18-2007, 03:54 PM
Originally Posted by CoppellStereo

Old 11-18-2007, 04:04 PM
Received 39 Likes on 29 Posts
Originally Posted by Infinitude
Can someone tell me why anyone needs an "intelligent" key? I mean there is useful technology like cell phones and garage door openers. Then there is technology for its own sake like electric toothbrushes. How hard is it to brush your teeth or put a key into an ignition slot? What is this technology doing for me? I shudder to think what would happen if my key fell out of my pocket on a ski slope or something 150 miles from an Infiniti dealer. What good would a locksmith be with this thing?
i don't see the point of your post. even if you lost a regular set of keys on a ski slope, you couldn't have a locksmith come and get your car started. all modern keys come microchipped for security. a key that a locksmith cuts for you will get you in the door, but most likely the factory alarm will be going off and the car will not start with that key.

so anyway, the intelligent key is a thing of convenience for most people. you may not see the point of it, but it is one less thing not to have to go searching for your keys in your pants or jacket pockets.

Old 11-18-2007, 04:06 PM
Originally Posted by CoppellStereo

:werd:

you would never have to call a locksmith since you cant lock the keys in your car

Old 11-18-2007, 04:20 PM
Received 39 Likes on 29 Posts
Originally Posted by krazzyguju
:werd:

you would never have to call a locksmith since you cant lock the keys in your car
welll, actually, a locksmith can cut a regular key with from the vin. so technically, a key can be cut for him by a locksmith. an older car (98 and newer cars can have keys cut by the vin) may not have chipped keys and have their cars started by a spare cut by a locksmith.

Old 11-18-2007, 04:27 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
They call it intelligent key, but it sure has made me stupider when I enter my other car.

Old 11-18-2007, 05:03 PM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by jl114
They call it intelligent key, but it sure has made me stupider when I enter my other car.

I hear that. There's always a 2 second delay when I get in another car, and I'm like...."Oh yeah.... I need to put the key in the ignition."

Gimmick? No. Gimmicks are pointless.

Comfort/convenience? Definitely. I love having the intelligent key. You never have to take the key out of your pocket, or purse (ladies and some dudes).

I think it's great. Do we NEED something like this? Nope. But, then again, power windows and locks, leather, cruise control, air conditioning, etc. are all just conveniences too. I'm glad I've got them.

It sounds like you haven't driven a new G35. If you do, you'll quickly like the convenience as well.

Plus, there are other advantages, like the fact you can't lock your keys in the car!!

Old 11-18-2007, 05:06 PM
The intelligent key is one of my absolute favorite things about my G35. I forget what it's like to use the keyless entry button on the key... or even hold it in my hand besides putting it in and taking it out my my pocket once a day.

Old 11-18-2007, 05:10 PM
just a sedan
wish I had an intellikey, cars are conviences just like toilets inside

Old 11-18-2007, 09:22 PM
So far in my life I locked my key about 4 times in my previous cars(well my son did it once). Won't happen again that's for sure. Tell me that is not a good thing. It saves me some time to get the guy to open the damn car.

TG

Old 11-18-2007, 09:43 PM
i will never buy a car with a traditional key again

Old 11-18-2007, 10:11 PM
Received 66 Likes on 40 Posts
i want an intelligent key..i have an o4Gcoupe..but hopefully soon to be g37!! =]

Old 11-19-2007, 02:44 AM
OP must be high on crack...
Why WOULDN'T you want a smart key?
At (3) total posts, you sound a bit like a troll. But, hey, I'm game.
1. Never having to remove the key from your pocket.
2. Having the car adjust the seats, mirrors, etc, based on your fob (up to 2 total)
3. Never having to remove the key from your pocket. (or purse for you ladies)
4. Pushing a button to open the trunk (Never having to remove the key from your pocket)
5. Push a button to start and stop the engine (Never having to remove the key from your pocket)
6. oh yeah, Never having to remove the key from your pocket.

So losing your key is your major complaint? If you never have to remove it from your pocket, the odds of losing it are MUCH LOWER, no?

Old 11-19-2007, 07:14 AM
Traveling Administrator
Received 175 Likes on 102 Posts
^ LOL, that sums it up nicely!

I-key FTW!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Is intelligent key a gimmick?