G35 Sedan V36 2007- 08 Discussion about the 2nd Generation G35 Sedan 2007 - 08

Brand new G, making some heavy duty squeaks

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-18-2008, 07:34 AM
Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts
Brand new G, making some heavy duty squeaks

Hey guys, got an 08 g35x and today's drive to work was a bit scary...

It's a consistent squeaking noise, in the interior of the car, coming from the back window (the big back deck window with the defroster lines on it).

It was a cold morning and i don't know to blame it on that, but the sound of it was heard over my blasting stereo. At first I thought I blew the rear speakers. Turned off the stereo and realized it was something else. It sqeaks as I drove over bumps or any road imperfections (a lot in toronto)

It's hard to write what a sound sounds like, but if any of you ever cracked a CD in half, or twisted some similar form of plastic, that's the sound. My back window is tinted and it seriously sounded as if the back window was flexing and about to snap.

Maybe it's the tint settling, or maybe something else. I will get my girlfriend to sit back there while i drive and do some listening to be more precise to where it is.

Just wondering if any of you had a similar issue.

Thanks Guys!

Old 01-18-2008, 10:00 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
It could actually be a number of things. First, you could have some water trapped in-between the glass and the body that froze. Second, you could have an issue with not enough urethane between the glass and the body. Did this squeak just start this morning?

Old 01-18-2008, 10:05 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by johnnyzee
Hey guys, got an 08 g35x and today's drive to work was a bit scary...

It's a consistent squeaking noise, in the interior of the car, coming from the back window (the big back deck window with the defroster lines on it).

It was a cold morning and i don't know to blame it on that, but the sound of it was heard over my blasting stereo. At first I thought I blew the rear speakers. Turned off the stereo and realized it was something else. It sqeaks as I drove over bumps or any road imperfections (a lot in toronto)

It's hard to write what a sound sounds like, but if any of you ever cracked a CD in half, or twisted some similar form of plastic, that's the sound. My back window is tinted and it seriously sounded as if the back window was flexing and about to snap.

Maybe it's the tint settling, or maybe something else. I will get my girlfriend to sit back there while i drive and do some listening to be more precise to where it is.

Just wondering if any of you had a similar issue.

Thanks Guys!
Mine does this when there is ice build up at the base of the rear glass. If you go to a carwash and blow it out with a pressure washer it goes away.

Old 01-18-2008, 10:12 AM
Received 66 Likes on 40 Posts
take it to the dealership and say fix it..your under warranty..so its all good keep us posted on what happens

Old 01-18-2008, 10:42 AM
Yes, first time I heard it was this morning. It is definitely icey outside as i couldn't even open my driver-side front window.
I think you guys are definitely onto something with the ice build up at the base of the rear window. I'll check it out after work, blow it out at a power wash, and I'll let you know if that fixed it.

Thanks!

Old 01-18-2008, 02:19 PM
I heard the exact same thing this morning, at least now I know how to fix it. Now if I could find where the passenger seat rattle is coming from I will be happy.

Old 01-18-2008, 05:37 PM
Mine did that for a while when it was new and went away.

Old 01-19-2008, 07:22 AM
Hey guys, just an update...

All I did yesterday on the way home and as well this morning was to keep the rear defroster on, no time for washing.
The sound went away. It was ice build up.
Thanks guys!

Old 01-20-2008, 02:16 AM
Received 184 Likes on 159 Posts
Originally Posted by Chi-town Red G
I heard the exact same thing this morning, at least now I know how to fix it. Now if I could find where the passenger seat rattle is coming from I will be happy.
Hey i had the same problem and found 2 problems and then its all quiet! First i pushed the leg extender back in, it reduced the noise but not as expected, then i found out that the seat belt latch holder(cant remember the term, its the unit where the belt clicks in) was making the noise so i pushed it down closer to the seat and its GONE!! finally no rattles!
hope it helps

Last edited by kool_yaar; 01-20-2008 at 04:58 PM.
Old 01-21-2008, 06:56 PM
Wow, this happened to me today too. Ive had the car for about a month and today was the first time I heard it. It was cold here too but I can think of at least 2 other colder days and the noise wasn't there. Mine seemed to be coming from the front in the dash somewhere though. I shut off the heat and everything, sound was still there. Sound came and went but was definitely coming from inside the car.