G35 Sedan V36 2007- 08 Discussion about the 2nd Generation G35 Sedan 2007 - 08

Shuddering on initial acceleration...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-17-2008, 08:54 AM
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by IvoryPearl07G
i have begun to notice this since i passed 20k miles a few weeks ago. does it even at interstate speed. it happens after i am off of the throttle and try to roll back onto it. I had looked around in the factory service manual i have and the best thing i could find to fit it was that the torque converter is going from full lockup to unlocked or the the other way around.

on the FSM it shows various speed areas and the gear you are in when it will lockup. all of them fall under the speeds i feel this at.
Well apparently the first step is a new valve body. Atleast that is what he said.

Old 04-17-2008, 09:15 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by silverG2007
Have you gotten your computer reflashed for the cruise control fix yet? If not, do so. It may fix your problems.

no, i haven't had this done because the service person immediately denied any such need for this. I will try to get it done on the next run through(very rare).

Originally Posted by baileyt35
He said the car is only allowed to pump so much fuel per seconds, that sounded like crap. Is there a TSB on the fuel pumping deal? If so, please direct me to the TSB, I need to print these out. Thanks again everyone.

I will go ahead and say, working on the altima/maxima line, we see many different variations of emissions. The models with the most stringent regulations(such as cali, dela, NY) use a fuel filler neck tube with a smaller radius, thicker hoses, tighter clamps(shot with 10mm air gun), and very small "vent" hoses(which allow the air to escape when filling).

the gulf coast country model(saudi area) uses a HUGE tube with a HUGE vent tube and not so snug clamps you can move with your fingers.

All of this leads me to beleive, in the ever tightening emissions regulations, the less vapor that gets out leads to better "emissions compliance". So this will lead to more "clicking" of the auto fill at the pump as the air/vapors cannot escape as fast as its pumping.

Old 04-17-2008, 09:43 AM
Wow, thanks IvoryPearl07G

Old 04-18-2008, 10:24 PM
Received 89 Likes on 77 Posts
G35x
I am going to have to keep an eye on this. I believe I am seeing the same exact behavior.

It seems like it started in the last 1K-2K miles.

Originally Posted by 007G35XMan
I have experienced this "shudder" event myself. I notice mine when the rpm is below 1500 and between 40 - 60 km (not sure what that is in miles). When you accelerate a little harder it goes away. It only happens when I am trying a smooth slow acceleration from the low speed. As mentioned in a previous post, I think it has to do with the trany not responding to the right gear at the appropriate speed. Doesn't happen when I drive in DS mode.

Will be interested to hear what your dealer has to say......

Last edited by treacherous; 04-18-2008 at 10:26 PM.
Old 04-19-2008, 01:14 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by IvoryPearl07G
no, i haven't had this done because the service person immediately denied any such need for this. I will try to get it done on the next run through(very rare).
That's disgusting, my dealership checked the TSB, and noted the problem I said was related to it and would get it done right away. Problem is it took them 2 weeks to get the parts in. Apparently they were missing a part at that point and they needed another 2 weeks for the other parts to arrive. At no point did they contact me to notify me the parts were in even though they told me they would. I called them after 2 weeks and the parts were always in by then. So I spent ~5 weeks, and I visited the dealership three times. Finally when all was done, they said they "drove it out, tested it and it was good."
A week later I note that my ICC was totally reporting the wrong speeds, at 100kph it would be saying 60kph. I bring the car in once again, and they told me the parts they ordered were American so they'd need another 2 weeks to reorder the parts. So that's going to be 5 total trips to get this ICC done. I'm still waiting for them to call for my parts, but it's been past 2 weeks now...
I doubt they'll order an American part by mistake for you though!

Back to the thread itself, I also experience some sort of light backlash when I slow down from 50mph-30mph, then accelerate. Maybe I should check this out with dealership?

Old 04-19-2008, 01:35 PM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by jl114
That's disgusting, my dealership checked the TSB, and noted the problem I said was related to it and would get it done right away. Problem is it took them 2 weeks to get the parts in. Apparently they were missing a part at that point and they needed another 2 weeks for the other parts to arrive. At no point did they contact me to notify me the parts were in even though they told me they would. I called them after 2 weeks and the parts were always in by then. So I spent ~5 weeks, and I visited the dealership three times. Finally when all was done, they said they "drove it out, tested it and it was good."
A week later I note that my ICC was totally reporting the wrong speeds, at 100kph it would be saying 60kph. I bring the car in once again, and they told me the parts they ordered were American so they'd need another 2 weeks to reorder the parts. So that's going to be 5 total trips to get this ICC done. I'm still waiting for them to call for my parts, but it's been past 2 weeks now...
I doubt they'll order an American part by mistake for you though!

Back to the thread itself, I also experience some sort of light backlash when I slow down from 50mph-30mph, then accelerate. Maybe I should check this out with dealership?

I had the same studder, the same "backlash problem." It felt like there was slack in the drivetrain.

The cruise control reflash fixed it all.

The reason you feel the backlash when slowing down at those speeds then accelerating is that the car's tq converter is locked up in 5th gear. That combined with the crappy factory throttle response settings equals a backlash.

If I did it just right, I could even have a hesitation, then an audible (and something you could feel) thump.

All gone/fixed now. Get the reflash!

Old 04-21-2008, 08:19 AM
Dropped my car off this morning, they are replacing the valve body assembly this morning. Hope this is the fix my car needs, got a base G35 with no tint No privacy!

Old 04-24-2008, 01:45 PM
bhd
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I've got the same issue on my base 06 auto... has anyone gotten it fixed? calling infinity now.

Old 04-24-2008, 02:19 PM
Originally Posted by bhd
I've got the same issue on my base 06 auto... has anyone gotten it fixed? calling infinity now.
Hate to tell you but I just got my car back after them replacing the valve body assembly the shudder is still there. Not nearly as bad but I'm sure it will get there. So I have an appointment for Monday, he said a transmission replacement is next.

Old 05-20-2008, 11:25 PM
G35x
I wonder if this new ECM update will address shuddering issue. It seems like 045 changed the way the TC lockups occur in my car. Maybe this will help. I might see if I can get applied in a month or so.

Old 05-21-2008, 12:24 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I am starting to feel this too, please update!

Old 05-21-2008, 01:17 AM
I think it's the engine power kicking when the gear switches, this AT is aggressive and the kick(more pronounced in MT) is very sport for a AT!! Yet very smooth when driven normal.

Well just my opinion.

Old 05-21-2008, 02:27 AM
yeah.. same problem for me.. the rpms jump from 1800 - 2200 when im around 40mph.. from a cold start... i brought it to the dealer.. but couldn't fix it cuz i couldn't duplicate it.. so its bs.. i guess i gotta leave the car at the dealer overnight and go back in the morning and have a tech in the car with me..

this is what it looks like:

Last edited by Pdubz; 05-21-2008 at 02:32 AM.
Old 05-24-2008, 11:00 AM
G35x
Actually I had these same exact symptoms and 045 ECM rev fixed it.

Originally Posted by Pdubz
yeah.. same problem for me.. the rpms jump from 1800 - 2200 when im around 40mph.. from a cold start... i brought it to the dealer.. but couldn't fix it cuz i couldn't duplicate it.. so its bs.. i guess i gotta leave the car at the dealer overnight and go back in the morning and have a tech in the car with me..

this is what it looks like:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=etZKD2qLCoU

Old 05-24-2008, 11:10 AM
G35x
I was looking in SM this morning and noticed something. My subtle shuddering symptoms do not seem to occur when I place into DS and then manually shift into 5th. Take a look at attached sheet from SM and notice that "Shift Lock-up Control" does not function in manual transmission mode.

Slip Lock-up control is defined as follows:

"In the slip region, the torque converter clutch solenoid current is controlled with the TCM to put it into the half-clutched state. This absorbs the engine torque fluctuation and lock-up operates from low speed. This raises the fuel efficiency for 3rd, 4th and 5th gears at both low speed and when the accelerator has a low degree of opening. "

I bet this could be reprogrammed and it makes me curious if recent ECM update last week might address it as hidden fix.

Last edited by treacherous; 07-08-2018 at 10:01 AM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Shuddering on initial acceleration...