G35 Sedan V36 2007- 08 Discussion about the 2nd Generation G35 Sedan 2007 - 08

anybody with an 07-08 sedan & stillen swaybars?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-30-2008 | 09:49 AM
|
anybody with an 07-08 sedan & stillen swaybars?

Stillen uses the same front swaybar for the 07-08 g35 sedan, and the g37.

On the G37.. with the stillen swaybars, the endlinks are no longer vertical. they angle in a little bit. I'm wondering if the sedan is the same way.

So if someone with stillen swaybars could take a picture of their front end link (preferably a car at stock height, but a lowered one will do) I'd really appreciate it.

And here is a picture of mine at stock height to compare to..

Thanks

Old 07-05-2008 | 11:18 AM
hmm, i thought the front swaybar didnt fit on the sedan, I will try next sunday to install it then. if you need pics then Ill try and snap some then.

did you have to dremel out your bushings like i did? because the oem ones didnt fit for crap.

Old 07-05-2008 | 02:04 PM
I have the Stillen Sways on my Sedan. And the End Links are Normal just like the Stock Bars. And looks nothing like the Picture you have there. In the early shipments Stillen had mixed some bars up, sending the Sedan guy's the G37 bars and vice versa. But they have corrected the problem and send the right bars now. So try double checking your part nunbers, maybe they sent you the wrong bars??

Old 07-05-2008 | 02:13 PM
my bars will be here Monday and I'll post up the part numbers I receive and some pictures of the install.

Old 07-05-2008 | 04:03 PM
|
hmm i'm not sure what to think

nope, i didn't have to modify the car any

at first, i got the sedan rear bar, which is thinner than the g37 rear bar (22mm vs 25mm) but i got that switched out for the right one. might have to check with kyle again and see if i got the wrong front bar too

Old 07-06-2008 | 05:09 PM
|
Originally Posted by Linner
did you have to dremel out your bushings like i did? because the oem ones didnt fit for crap.
are you talking about on the rear?
if so, you probably got the g37 rear swaybar. the g37 rear is 25mm, and the g35 sedan is 22mm. the stock bushing wouldn't fit right with the g37 rear bar...

Left is the stock 37 rear with the stock bushing, and right is the 35 sedan bar with the stock g37 bushing.

another picture of the g35 bar & g37 bushing..

Old 07-06-2008 | 07:54 PM
typically, the sway bars should come with new bushings that match the bar and all the ones in the past I've bought have. i hope my Stillen comes with the bushings.....

Old 07-06-2008 | 08:09 PM
|
Originally Posted by sredish
typically, the sway bars should come with new bushings that match the bar and all the ones in the past I've bought have. i hope my Stillen comes with the bushings.....
they don't
your stock bushing will fit fine

i went ahead and replaced mine with energy suspension bushings though

Old 07-07-2008 | 12:42 PM
yup i was talking about my rear...... i guess i did get the rear g37 bar and probably front too? I did dremel the rear bushings out to make it fit snug. I was wondering why they wouldnt include bushings if it didnt fit the OEM ones.

do you have the part number from the box so i can match it up to mine?

thanks

Old 07-07-2008 | 02:44 PM
|
nope i threw my boxes away
i wish there were part numbers on the actual bars. you probably have the right part number on your box, but they accidentally put the g37 bar in the box. that' what i thought the mix up was, anyway. i thought a few bars just got put into the wrong boxes

i sent kyle @ stillen an e-mail with this link, so he'll probably let you know something once he sees it

Old 07-07-2008 | 02:51 PM
mine just showed up. when i get a couple seconds, i'll take a peek inside.

Old 07-08-2008 | 11:43 AM
Originally Posted by IP37
nope i threw my boxes away
i wish there were part numbers on the actual bars. you probably have the right part number on your box, but they accidentally put the g37 bar in the box. that' what i thought the mix up was, anyway. i thought a few bars just got put into the wrong boxes

i sent kyle @ stillen an e-mail with this link, so he'll probably let you know something once he sees it
thanks, im going to do an oil change on my car this sunday so when im under the car I will check if the front sway fits then Ill know if it was for the g37 before I call intense power or stillen. I dont mind keeping the rear sway, since I already dremeled out the bushing or Ill get the g37 bushings as long as my endlinks wont get destroyed due to the increased weight of the bar.....

Old 07-08-2008 | 12:32 PM
i wonder how the G35 stillen bar and the g37 stillen bar compare. Did you weigh yours? If it's fatter than the G35 bar, which it sounds like it is, then it might be an improvement altogether for the G35, even over the G35 Stillen bar.

I posted my stock and Stillen G35 sway bar weights here:

https://g35driver.com/forums/showthr...wpost&t=231678

Old 07-08-2008 | 01:23 PM
|
Originally Posted by Linner
thanks, im going to do an oil change on my car this sunday so when im under the car I will check if the front sway fits then Ill know if it was for the g37 before I call intense power or stillen. I dont mind keeping the rear sway, since I already dremeled out the bushing or Ill get the g37 bushings as long as my endlinks wont get destroyed due to the increased weight of the bar.....
if you keep the g37 rear, i'd go ahead and replace the bushings with 25mm energy suspension bushings

Originally Posted by sredish
i wonder how the G35 stillen bar and the g37 stillen bar compare. Did you weigh yours? If it's fatter than the G35 bar, which it sounds like it is, then it might be an improvement altogether for the G35, even over the G35 Stillen bar.

I posted my stock and Stillen G35 sway bar weights here:

https://g35driver.com/forums/showthr...wpost&t=231678
i think they're the same other than the thickness

didn't think to weigh them. was too excited about putting them on i guess. lol

but from what i remember, the stillen bars did weigh more

i'd weigh the stock rear, but my scale is crap. maybe i'll pick a new one up; i could use a decent one for weighing stuff

haven't heard back from kyle yet. if i don't hear from him today i'll probably give him a call tomorrow and see what's up

Old 07-10-2008 | 06:25 PM
|
Got a call from Stillen today. They're going to look into it and call me back

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: anybody with an 07-08 sedan & stillen swaybars?