G35 Sedan V36 2007- 08 Discussion about the 2nd Generation G35 Sedan 2007 - 08

G37 sedan ordered, now I'm depressed...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-23-2008, 09:26 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by AAMC
Do you happen to know what the stock set up is for the current sport sedans? While this is good, I'm concerned, because I wasn't planning on throwing on a BBK on my car, and I ordered my wheels as such. Nutz, need to talk to Don regarding my order. BTW, how did you get a 6MT car in KS. Just looking late this year (I chuckle because it really is only mid year), I coudn't find one to buy. Everyone is selling G35xS's.
The current stock setup for sports is 13" front 13" rear. It's a great setup as is. The stock wheels won't clear the Akebono, probably why they are changing them for 09.

All you have to do is tell your dealer what you want and they'll find one for you and do a dealer trade. My car was pulled from Oklahoma.

Old 07-23-2008, 09:31 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Scooby24
All you have to do is tell your dealer what you want and they'll find one for you and do a dealer trade. My car was pulled from Oklahoma.
I tried all of those options. What sucked was that there literally were no 6MT's in the system in early July. I checked at two dealerships. Don't know if they were pulling my leg. The best they could do was a 5AT with all the options I wanted, plus they wanted $900 to flat bed. No way. Glad to see you got yours, I would have liked to save a little money.

Old 07-23-2008, 09:47 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by AAMC
I tried all of those options. What sucked was that there literally were no 6MT's in the system in early July. I checked at two dealerships. Don't know if they were pulling my leg. The best they could do was a 5AT with all the options I wanted, plus they wanted $900 to flat bed. No way. Glad to see you got yours, I would have liked to save a little money.
Good grief, that's pretty rediculous. They found the exact car I wanted, being a 6MT, Ivory pearl, and with only the premium package. They also shipped it in at no charge but it was only a state away.

I don't think you'll regret ordering the 09. Hopefully they'll work with you on pricing so that you're not paying more for it than you should

Old 07-23-2008, 09:59 AM
I offered them $500 over invoice, which they accepted, plus we negotiated all the other crap up front - $189 doc fee, $595 lease acquisition, $50 plates, applicability of any available incentives at the time of lease, and money factor at base rate through IFS. My only unknown variables right now are residual value, which should be good, and money factor, which could suck. I'm hoping the market stays depressed, but unfortunately the G35/G37's are their best sellers. I'm sure the MF will be up a bit, and historically the RV's on the 6MT cars have been lower than the AT counterparts. Hopefully leasecompare.com will have this information prior to delivery of the car. I'm waiting to see what other people have been able to negotiate in terms of sale price over invoice, but no one seems to have popped up. I'm hoping I made a good deal.

Last edited by AAMC; 07-23-2008 at 10:07 AM.
Old 07-23-2008, 10:18 AM
Retired SuperMod
Received 101 Likes on 66 Posts
Originally Posted by trey.hutcheson
I can see what Dave is saying. When Cheryl was looking to by her 07, I told her to wait 6 months because I thought the 08 would have the 3.7l. Fortunately I was wrong. But if it did have the 3.7, I would have regretted that purchase until the end of days, even though its not even my car.

However - on the plus side, I'm glad the sedan's getting the new motor. I've not driven the g37 coupe, but we've all read about how smooth the new motor is compared to the 3.5. Even if there were no power difference, that right there is enough for me - Cheryl's engine is *rough*.

Keep in mind that I've got a nasty obnoxious exhaust(headers and testpipes too), a lightweight flywheel, and my car has had the **** driven out of it for 60k miles and 300 passes down the drag strip. I still think her engine is rough.
Trey,

The only differences between the VQ35HR and the VQ37VHR is displacement & VVEL. They use the same internals.

When I test drove the 08 G35 Sedan and the 08 G37 Coupe, they felt virtually the same.

In the other hand, those two engines feel much different than our VQ35DE's (revup, in my case).

Old 07-23-2008, 06:09 PM
Having the latest and greatest is always nice, but I'll still be very happy with my G that I've been enjoying for over a year and a half.

Also, the new 09 G may turn some heads (mostly us car enthusiasts who know the difference), but it definitely won't turn as many heads as the 07's did when they first came out. =)

Old 07-23-2008, 10:23 PM
my sister likes my G35, and after riding in her friend's black one, she's planning on buying a G37 sedan as soon as it comes out