G35 Sedan V36 2007- 08 Discussion about the 2nd Generation G35 Sedan 2007 - 08

Guys! I need your help ASAP...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-14-2008, 06:28 PM
My horns hold up my halo
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by absolutg
dunno about second gen, but first gen bumpers come unpainted.
OK, I know I am not crazy and I know mine came PAINTED. I saw it come out of the packaging already painted. Of course, it doesn't matter because that does NOT help get his paint to match any better.

Last edited by trey's wife; 08-14-2008 at 06:38 PM.
Old 08-14-2008, 06:33 PM
Received 85 Likes on 74 Posts
The bumpers do NOT come from the factory already painted.

I hit a coyote with the front of my car and I was rear-ended by a crack ***** in the rear.

The rear bumper was blended into the quarter panels and the job is 100% perfect... you'd never know.

My front bumper, however, does not match. In some light, it's super close. In other light, like under florescent lights, it's not even close... it looks like complete a$$.
I'm in the middle of a huge battle with the dealer, where I had the work done. They didn't blend into the front quarter panels because it would have meant removing my entire 3M Paint protection film and not just the front bumper's worth. Why should they care if insurance is paying for it... other than they are completely lazy, sloppy pigs. (Sorry, I digress)

Get it blended or t will never match correctly.
The blending doesn't help the paint match, but it 'blends' it in so your eye can't really pick it up, since there is no dead stop edge from one color to the next.

Old 08-14-2008, 06:57 PM
Thanks for all the replies guys !

Well her insurance called me up and are saying they are having trouble picking up liability so I should get it fixed under my insurance and let my insurance recover costs from them\her. They will not tell me why because of privacy rules.

This works better for me as I have uninsured motorist collision deductible waiver and thus I don't have to pay a penny out of pocket.

So it seems like alot of folks here feel that blending it the right way to do this. I am very picky about my car and will hate the fact if it dont blend in. So I am thinking blending is the best\right way to go. As long as my insurance (amica) does not say that they will not cover blending.

Last edited by BlackBerryCubed; 08-14-2008 at 07:37 PM.
Old 08-14-2008, 07:21 PM
blend it. k bye.

Old 08-14-2008, 08:03 PM
Received 85 Likes on 74 Posts
Originally Posted by BlackBerryCubed
o I am thinking blending is the best\right way to go. As long as my insurance (amica) does not say that they will not cover blending.
Good call... it's the right choice.

As for what the insurance covers... they pay for the job to be done and to be done right.
If the insurance company only covers the bumper cover, wait until the job is done and then refuse the car upon delivery. The condition should be "Like New" and nothing short of that.
The insurance company will have to pay to have the job done again.

MA laws are all screwed up here.
For example, if the car is more than 2 years old, the shop HAS TO use after-market parts. No ifs, ands, or buts.

When the car is delivered to the consumer and the body panels don't line up, all we have to do is say "That looks like crap" and the job is sent in again only this time, OEM parts are used.
They don't use OEM the first time around because most people are too stupid to complain or just don't care that much about the fit and finish on their cars and the job is completed for a fraction of the cost to the Ins company.

I'm a MA insurance company's worst nightmare. My car has been in 4 times now and I'm still bitchin'

Old 08-14-2008, 10:51 PM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by BlackBerryCubed
Thanks for all the replies guys !

Well her insurance called me up and are saying they are having trouble picking up liability so I should get it fixed under my insurance and let my insurance recover costs from them\her. They will not tell me why because of privacy rules.

This works better for me as I have uninsured motorist collision deductible waiver and thus I don't have to pay a penny out of pocket.

So it seems like alot of folks here feel that blending it the right way to do this. I am very picky about my car and will hate the fact if it dont blend in. So I am thinking blending is the best\right way to go. As long as my insurance (amica) does not say that they will not cover blending.
TS for her insurance company. It's her fault, they have to pay.

DO NOT go through your own insurance. Your rates could go up if you do.

Did you get a police report? That will simplify things.

You are lucky that you're in a state where you don't get screwed if the person who hits you is uninsured. In Florida, if an uninsured drunk driver hits your car...... you have to pay your deductible. I don't know if we have a waiver available like you do.