G35 Sedan V36 2007- 08 Discussion about the 2nd Generation G35 Sedan 2007 - 08

Question on current G Price Incentives

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-05-2008, 09:59 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question on current G Price Incentives

I'm getting a quote from a dealer that sounds high and wanted some other opinions.

I was shopping for a G sedan a month ago when I heard the rumors of the G37 sedan coming so I decided to wait for details. Since I'm looking at a 6MT, the new AT doesn't make a big difference. I'd like the addditional 28 HP, but I callled the dealer to see what the deals were on the '08.

He quoted me the following on a 6MT with premium and Nav:
MSRP $38.8
Price $36.2 with 0.9% financing.

Edmunds shows the invoice at $35K or so. From what I see these cars are going for invoice or lower even. The dealer is telling me that without the low rate finincing I could buy it for $34K cash.

Edmunds TMV is $34K and the dealer is telling me that this is the price for cash, but the way Edmunds makes it look I should be able to get it for $34K plus the low rate financing.

Appreciate any thoughts/suggestions

Old 09-05-2008, 10:07 PM
i would suggest to look else where. you can easy get the car for invoice if not lower with teh .9 rate. if it comes down to it and dont tell them you want to finance and when they ask how you want to play keep saying "lets talk about the price of the car, does it matter if i pay cash or finanace." they will look at you funny but then they know you are in control.

Old 09-05-2008, 10:31 PM
I think the current offers are $3000 rebate for cash purchase or 0.9% financing. I don't know how available the 6mts are but with the autos you are able to get around invoice and 0.9% or $3000 under invoice when paying cash.

Hope that helps
Nick

Old 09-05-2008, 11:29 PM
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
^^^

As stated, it is the 'one of the other' variety of incentive.

If you are planning on putting a significant down payment, the $3000 is a better deal. If putting less, or no down payment, the .9% is better.

Have the dealer calculate both for you, and compare the finance charges.

Old 09-05-2008, 11:34 PM
I have to disagree here. I'm in the market myself now and have been for about 6 weeks. I'm not sure where you guys are getting these cars AT INVOICE or BELOW BEFORE the Dealer Cash or 0.9 financing. What I'm seeing here in South Texas is that dealers are pricing the car about 1500 below invoice INCLUDING the $3K dealer cash thus pocketing over $2K including the holdback PER car. If you choose the 0.9%, you're still paying about $1500 over invoice so nowhere even close to what some of you are saying. Just tell me where you're getting cars at invoice or below BEFORE the $3K dealer cash because I'll buy it out of state if that's the case...that's a HUGE difference in price.

Originally Posted by 1nickatnite1
I think the current offers are $3000 rebate for cash purchase or 0.9% financing. I don't know how available the 6mts are but with the autos you are able to get around invoice and 0.9% or $3000 under invoice when paying cash.

Hope that helps
Nick

Old 09-05-2008, 11:54 PM
I bought my car in Norcal and I have about 5 dealers within 30 miles of me so that is very good for buyers. I basically just called around asking who would beat whose price and at the end went to the one that gave me the lowest price, which was about 400 under invoice. It was pretty hard to find the color combo plus packages I wanted but if I was willing to take one off their lot, it would've been even cheaper.

Nick

Old 09-06-2008, 12:06 AM
Originally Posted by jbehler
I'm getting a quote from a dealer that sounds high and wanted some other opinions.

I was shopping for a G sedan a month ago when I heard the rumors of the G37 sedan coming so I decided to wait for details. Since I'm looking at a 6MT, the new AT doesn't make a big difference. I'd like the addditional 28 HP, but I callled the dealer to see what the deals were on the '08.

He quoted me the following on a 6MT with premium and Nav:
MSRP $38.8
Price $36.2 with 0.9% financing.

Edmunds shows the invoice at $35K or so. From what I see these cars are going for invoice or lower even. The dealer is telling me that without the low rate finincing I could buy it for $34K cash.

Edmunds TMV is $34K and the dealer is telling me that this is the price for cash, but the way Edmunds makes it look I should be able to get it for $34K plus the low rate financing.

Appreciate any thoughts/suggestions

For Journey Premium Nav I am getting quotes of Invoice $35K from numerous dealers, then you can do 0.9% for up to 60 months OR $3000 cash off.

Old 09-06-2008, 12:09 AM
Originally Posted by G-Funk78
I have to disagree here. I'm in the market myself now and have been for about 6 weeks. I'm not sure where you guys are getting these cars AT INVOICE or BELOW BEFORE the Dealer Cash or 0.9 financing. What I'm seeing here in South Texas is that dealers are pricing the car about 1500 below invoice INCLUDING the $3K dealer cash thus pocketing over $2K including the holdback PER car. If you choose the 0.9%, you're still paying about $1500 over invoice so nowhere even close to what some of you are saying. Just tell me where you're getting cars at invoice or below BEFORE the $3K dealer cash because I'll buy it out of state if that's the case...that's a HUGE difference in price.

I just picked up my G35x (prem/nav/wood) this week for $152 over invoice BEFORE $1000 loyalty cash and got the 0.9% financing. MSRP is $40,680. Invoice is $37,153. Got it for $37,305 before tax and title. So, if you include the $1000 loyalty cash (which has since expired) I got it for $848 under invoice.

Last edited by TakeFlight; 09-06-2008 at 12:20 AM.
Old 09-06-2008, 12:27 AM
Moderation-free
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Check more dealers - the Houston dealers seem to band together and keep to higher prices. I checked Houston, Austin, San Antonio, and finally bought at Grubbs in Dallas.

Old 09-06-2008, 09:39 AM
I got my 08 xS with nav and prem, for below invoice.. I leased but I negotiated the price of the car first of course... That was in jersey by the way... texas seems like a crappy market or just a bunch of rip off dealers... I have over 5 dealers in a 35 mile radius so that does always help

Old 09-06-2008, 01:05 PM
Thats what I am seeing here in Cincinnati, where we onlly have 1 Infiniti dealer. Next closest is about 100 miles away. I'm being quoted $1K over invoice with 0.9% or $34K with the cash back. Invoice is around $35K.

With that pricing I'll probably hold off...in no hurry. That way I can see if the '09s get some incentives after the new year. Additionally, I'm curious about the new TL Type S so could wait for that.

Old 09-06-2008, 08:55 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I wish i could have waited until this time so i could get my car for 3K under invoice, which would be worth it since i put about 12K down.

But i did pay invoice and got it for invoice.

Old 09-07-2008, 03:40 PM
Received 47 Likes on 32 Posts
0.9% is great b/c on average you're only paying under $1000 for interest, and more money goes to mods. It's common sense to take advantage of that unless you have the cash to buy outright

Old 09-07-2008, 03:49 PM
Originally Posted by da mayor
0.9% is great b/c on average you're only paying under $1000 for interest, and more money goes to mods. It's common sense to take advantage of that unless you have the cash to buy outright
It still makes sense to use the 0.9% financing even if you DO have the cash available to buy the car outright. Because you can earn more interest on that cash in a high interest savings account than you will pay in interest on the financing. The only reason to not do the financing in that scenario is because you just don't want to owe "the man" anything.

Old 09-08-2008, 09:51 AM
To all of those with a crystal ball...do you forsee the 3K incentive on the 08 models being extended past Sep. 30?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Question on current G Price Incentives